IGNORED

Just Back

newarkred

Just home from forest. As much as I am disappointed that we lost I have to admit I was expecting a lot worse.

I thought we looked ok defensifly. Caulker was solid and Carey was composed at RB

Thought we looked week in midfield and created very little. Skuse did very little marv looked off the pace a bit.

To be honest it looked like we were scared to shoot at times or even cross the ball. No one seemed that interested on getting anything on on goal.

sounds very similar to the palace game, only we were up against tougher opposition tonight and therefore lost.

Atleast we've not been so dodgy at the back in the last two games.

Thats because the team is defending all game, instead of actually going for it and attacking. bad tactics which never pay off :disapointed2se:

I still believe there are at least 3 teams worse than us in our division. Somehow we have to limp home for the rest of the season picking up points here and there (negatively if necessary) then clear out the dead wood and start all over again.

For the first time I have to say that I don't honestly feel KM is the man to help us kick on from this. Really really hope he proves my fears are misguided.

Thats because the team is defending all game, instead of actually going for it and attacking. bad tactics which never pay off :disapointed2se:

Tactics that worked against Swansea and Saturday but not today, defend, soak up pressure then hit teams on the break.

Rather that than go all out attack, get knackered and then spanked.....reading

Im glad your not the manager.

Did you really think we would go to Forest and attack with a team currently playing with no confidence? A team that hasn't scored in its previous 3 games?

No, you set up solid and hope your attacking players take a chance that might come along (as the manager said before the game).

Albert had that chance, yards out and f**ked it.

From what i heard and from people at the game we deserved a draw.

Bristol City have consistently scored less goals than most teams in the Championship....there has to be a reason for that.

IMO, we need 2 central midfielders who can pass the ball, would be handy if one of them could tackle as well.

BCAGFC

Eliott would be just fine with the elusive 'creative' midfielder alongside him. The all round player we all want is probably only to be found in the Premier League, or (and I can't believe I'm having to say this)..............................SHAUN DERRY.

We looked solid at the back and matched them in the first half and the goal we conceded was as a result of a free-kick that should not have been given. Having said that we created absolutely nothing, JCR was useless, Adomah is having a bad spell, Pitman and Clarkson barely received the ball and it's hard to see where our next goal is coming from. If they didn't score when they did then no doubt they'd have upped the pressure and probably scored anyway. Once they scored the goal all they had to do was see it out as we did not pose a threat in any shape or form. They never got out of second gear.

We have 2 tough home games coming up and it'll be interesting to see how many goals we score in these, because I very much doubt it'll be many!

I still believe there are at least 3 teams worse than us in our division. Somehow we have to limp home for the rest of the season picking up points here and there (negatively if necessary) then clear out the dead wood and start all over again.

For the first time I have to say that I don't honestly feel KM is the man to help us kick on from this. Really really hope he proves my fears are misguided.

I echo exactly what you are saying!

Although, I went tonight, haven't actually missed a game this season, and tactics seem to be getting more and more negative. I can understand going to Forest to try and get a point, but when we went 1-0 down, we didn't look interested to chase the game and try and find the equaliser. I would have much rather lost by 2 or 3, knowing that we'd really given it a go! No real attacking changes in formation or substiutions after the goal. Very frustrating times, 360 minutes without a goal!

from the comments to people who have been to the game sounds like we played ok defended a lot but what do you expect against a on form Forest who have a decent chance of auto's. 1 nil isn't that bad even though you say forest didn't go for any more. Which may explain why we didn't get out of 2nd gear Millen's tactics even at home we play counter attacking play. But considering how many players were injured and you can tell how many we had injured by our bench I doubt many of those would normally make the bench except sproule,cisse and Gerken.

Archived