IGNORED

Other Teams

eskay

I think we are extremely lucky to have kept our league position for so long. Unfortunately we do not seem to be able to be masters of our own destiny, we have struck lucky with teams underneath us losing and keeping our position. It is a very dangerous path to tread and we are really in it if the teams below win their games in hand. I had a look last night and we could almost slip into the relegation zone without kicking a ball.

As the season goes on relying on other teams becomes a more and more dangerous game!

I just had a quick look at the remaining fixtures. Palace have lots of games against teams in and around the bottom so on paper they haven't got a particular diffiicult run-in. For me we need another 6 wins and a couple of draws that will see us safe. Trouble is at the moment i can't see where the 6 wins are going to come from.

There's absolutely no reason for complacency in City's position but it's worth pointing out that the teams down the bottom are generally there because they lose most of their games. One or two may go on a good run and overtake us but I think it would be quite unlikely for all the teams below us to suddenly start winning.

Archived