IGNORED

Should We Play With 2 Wingers?

sh1t_ref_again

As the title says - should we be playing with 2 wingers?

Whilst in theory having 2 wingers should create a lot of chances for the front men, this is not the case for us, with our strikers getting virtually no service . We seem to be dominated and overun in midfield by nearly ever team we play, therefore we are on the backfoot and having to defend. We are that deep with everone back that when we clear th eball it comes straight back.

Whilst some might argue at home you should be more attacking, but away from home against the top form team, would an extra person in midfield and perhaps a free fole for Albert been better?

Perhaps when we get our new creative midfielder this will change or maybe not

Right now, probably not IMO- or if we do then more than 2 central midfielders would be a must. We need solidity first and foremost- Swansea away was by all accounts a classic example. If we get solidity and we press, we can then look to take a chance on the break- especially on the road. The team who contols the midfield tends to control the game- 3 vs 2 does go, but of course a genuinely creative presence needs to be in that 3- preferably in the middle of it.

As an aside, from last seaosn combined with the best of this, this side may have doen rather well:

James

Riberio Caulker Fontaine Mcallister

Skuse Hartley Elliott

Adomah Maynard Rose

A well balanced side IMO, a ball winner, a box to box midfielder and a creator. Two good wingers, both of whom also track back. If only eh!

i agree. We definately could do with changing up the system a little bit- especially to get the most out of Adomah.

Also, as a City fan who lives in Scotland and supports Motherwell i can safely say that playing Clarkson in a 4-4-2 alongside a similiar style sriker is worthless. In his best seasons at motherwell he played alongside a target man (John Sutton) and in- the- hole/ attacking midfielder behind Sutton as part of a 5 man midfield.

i agree. We definately could do with changing up the system a little bit- especially to get the most out of Adomah.

Also, as a City fan who lives in Scotland and supports Motherwell i can safely say that playing Clarkson in a 4-4-2 alongside a similiar style sriker is worthless. In his best seasons at motherwell he played alongside a target man (John Sutton) and in- the- hole/ attacking midfielder behind Sutton as part of a 5 man midfield.

Always thought Clarkson in the hole may be worth a go- maybe we should try it in the next game, see if it pays off. I'm guessing he is capable of dropping back into midfield, linking the play and so forth?

Archived