IGNORED

As A Last Resort

hinsleburg

as we only have 3 strikers fit would it be worth recalling akinde for a few weeks until stead and maynard are back. i've always thought he's looked a decent impact sub and it might give him a confidence boost being in and around the first team.

no way. I cant wait to see how he gets on up front with Bas Savage at Dagenham!

And selling Haynes when we did was a smart move was it?

no it wasn't. We might have got 200k or something for him but it will cost us alot more than that if we go down!

With maynard not really looking like he'll be back soon and Stead's ankle potentially even keeping him out of the swansea game we don't have many strikers to choose from. Where the hell are we going to get goals from?

Serious error in letting haynes go.

Serious error in letting haynes go.

On the face of it, but I'm assuming letting Haynes go was a case of one out, one in.

So we can only really judge Haynes' departure by his squad replacement.

If no one turns up who improves the squad then his sale is fairly inexplicable and potentially disastrous.

On the face of it, but I'm assuming letting Haynes go was a case of one out, one in.

So we can only really judge Haynes' departure by his squad replacement.

If no one turns up who improves the squad then his sale is fairly inexplicable and potentially disastrous.

I don't think that's right. We all know our squad has been too big and needs trimming to 23/24 senior players (roughly two for each position). Before Jan we had...

Stead

Pittman

Haynes

Maynard

Clarkson

all senior players in the striking position which is one too many. I expected one of our strikers to move on in Jan but i didn't expect it to be Haynes. I've said it a number of times on here the last couple of days but clarky doesn't offer us anything and we're now in a vulnerable position having him instead of haynes and with maynard and stead (our best two strikers!) out.

Personally I would be questioning letting him go now whether he scored 0 goals or 10. The pressure on KM to trim before adding may have been significantly great though that he felt he had little choice and this was the only deal likely to happen. Overall it is indicative of the financial pressure of the moment. Perhaps with greater effort from those around him a different player could have been sold. So I for one, on this subject, am questioning the merits of his departure not necessarily just laying the blame at Millens door because we are not party to that. He will take the flak though that's his role, like it or lump it.

< Theres the door, thats almost as bad saying get Nicky Hunt back.

No it's not. We are seriously short of fire-power at the moment and as someone else has pointed out we had a player come on whose goal record is significantly worse than even Akinde's! Nicky Hunt on the other hand is a genuine liability and cannot be trusted to do a defensive job. I'm not saying it's the answer but using Akinde as an impact sub until Stead and/or Maynard return is not even close to being as bad as playing Hunt!

I don't think that's right. We all know our squad has been too big and needs trimming to 23/24 senior players (roughly two for each position). Before Jan we had...

Stead

Pittman

Haynes

Maynard

Clarkson

all senior players in the striking position which is one too many. I expected one of our strikers to move on in Jan but i didn't expect it to be Haynes. I've said it a number of times on here the last couple of days but clarky doesn't offer us anything and we're now in a vulnerable position having him instead of haynes and with maynard and stead (our best two strikers!) out.

I'm assuming Haynes was sold in order to help to finance a newcomer, though not a replacement attacker.

My point is that until we know who comes in (at left back or midfield) we can't fully judge the merits of the sale.

We'll get rid of who we can, no doubt - but no doubt in my mind also that we must get the two players we need whether the squad is further reduced or not.

The big squad reduction will happen at the end of the season and hopefully will be absolutely without sentiment or mercy.

Archived