IGNORED

Does Sl Know Anything About 'football'

Sniper

SL must have a fee limit and I suggest a wage limit that he feels he won't go over. There must have been times when a certain player has been discussed and SL has said - Sorry but it's out of the question.

I don't doubt he does. However it's his money so if he doesn't want to go out and throw another couple of million £'s on a player then I won't hold that against him at all. He's backed the club financially a tremendous amount including buying players that weren't cheap.

Well £800,000 down the pan with Clarkson. Another £500,000 with Cisse. It's buy's like these that drive me up the wall and this is where SL's money gets wasted. Maybe I should have said SL doesn't know much about football PLAYERS.

Neither of these transfers were exactly cheap yet SL backed the choice of his manager and it's hardly the fault of SL if those players then don't go on to be the player his manager believed they would. It isn't SL's job to judge player ability - that's why he appoints a manager - if we had a chairman that was constantly interfering in team selections etc none of us would be happy.

I can't believe that players around the £1.5 mark are always being missed or not wanted by our Managers. I'm not saying go out and buy 10, but 2 or 3 would be nice IN HINDSIGHT of all the money we have wasted on lesser fees.

Ah the gift of hindsight. How wonderful it must be to possess this. Again, I feel I need to stress that SL doesn't go out and find players to sign himself; he simply signs the cheques to purchase their registration.

All I want is to have some sucess in the transfer market for a change like a few more Maynards and Alberts instead of any more money wasted on dross.

As do we all, including I'm sure, SL himself. I'm an accountant by trade, but I'm fairly sure SL has a better grasp on ROI than I do so I can't for one moment believe he would ever think "Oh it's only £800,000 so it doesn't matter if he's crap".

Archived