IGNORED

No Signings Until The Summer

kristian444

Bristol City manager Keith Millen is not prepared to pay 'silly prices' for his January transfer targets.

The Robins boss is eager to add to a squad which has been hit hard by injury but knows the clock is ticking with the window due to close on Monday evening.

But Millen insists he will wait until the summer to bring in new faces, having reportedly seen approaches for a defender and midfielder currently with rival Championship sides rejected.

Sky Sports

badmood.gif

thats just a rehash of the post story

Exactly.

How I read the Post story is that we are after 2 players who are at other Championship clubs and who are out of contract this summer but the clubs don't appear to want to cash in on them now.

So one way of reporting that is "no signings until the summer" but another way might be that our main targets probably won't arrive in the window but a couple of loans to bolster the squad still may well do. That's certainly what I think, anyway.

Millen has sounded like GJ throughout this window.

'We're looking. Teams won't sell their best players. Won't be held to ransom. I still want players but if not I'm happy with the squad.'

F*cking sh*t. Does he think we're stupid?

Which part of it do you dispute?

Do you think he's just sitting in his office watching Jeremy Kyle with the phone off the hook and then telling people "yeah I tried calling but they weren't in"?

Do you think he's just sitting in his office watching Jeremy Kyle with the phone off the hook and then telling people "yeah I tried calling but they weren't in"?

Or perhaps he should go out and pay stupid money for players who may be cheaper or even FREE in a few months time anyway?

Whats the kin difference if we finish two places higher by spending a fortune now?...............this season is a right off - we as supporters need to accept that ......we have enough in the squad to keep us up IMO so correct decision is to wait until time & cost is right and start afresh in May

Having said that I sincerley hope we dont have the ..."well...everyones on holiday so nothing happens until July" type situation & comments from him come the summer..............we need to get in early if we can.....although of course players & clubs are going to want to wait to see what offers there are so it aint easy.....

The whole we should be happy with what we've got part. We haven't even been seriously linked to anyone this window apart from nonsense on here.

Usually the press will say we're interested etc. in a certain player. I honestly don't feel that we've actually tried this window.

I know he said about a loan, fee being too high but tbh that's very easy to say and not give any evidence of doing it. Matt Hill is better than our LB's yet no move for him. Everyone banging on about Ryan Harley, did we bother?

I'm not one to say we should over spend etc. but this is a huge 4 months ahead of us and this month we haven't won a game and not a single ounce of urgency from Millen.

I'm not a Millen Out! person, but I feel this month could be looked back on as a huyge waste of an opportunity - I just really hope I'm wrong.

The whole we should be happy with what we've got part. We haven't even been seriously linked to anyone this window apart from nonsense on here.

Usually the press will say we're interested etc. in a certain player. I honestly don't feel that we've actually tried this window.

I know he said about a loan, fee being too high but tbh that's very easy to say and not give any evidence of doing it. Matt Hill is better than our LB's yet no move for him. Everyone banging on about Ryan Harley, did we bother?

I'm not one to say we should over spend etc. but this is a huge 4 months ahead of us and this month we haven't won a game and not a single ounce of urgency from Millen.

I'm not a Millen Out! person, but I feel this month could be looked back on as a huyge waste of an opportunity - I just really hope I'm wrong.

Millen's proved with Stead, Pitman, Rose and Caulker that he can and will make signings and good ones too.

I understand the frustrations but I do believe he knows what he's doing and is doing it for the right reasons.

Harley and Hill are two players Millen will know all about and I'm sure if he wanted them and a deal were possible he'd have at least asked. We don't know for sure that he hasn't.

It may well be that the players he has in mind will be available in the summer and will genuinely improve the squad. Signing someone less good now to play their position would make it difficult to make those signings in 6 months time so long term would actually do more harm than good.

I know our form isn't great, but we're not in the relegation zone, nor would we be if teams below won their games in hand. We have players to come back from injury and I see no reason at all to be panicking just now.

Whilst I don't want to see the club held to ransom, I really don't see the logic in selling Haynes, if we didn't have anything lined up when we are so badly hit by injuries at the moment. And yes I understand the wage bill needs to be reduced, but getting rid of good young players is a mistake IMO.

As mentioned elsewhere on here, we enquired about Hill in the summer, he didn't want to come back.

Correctemundo! I think it's ridiculously complacent to think "we can't go down".

Nobody's saying we can't go down. Of course we can.

What I take issue with is the fact that people are talking as if we definitely will go down. Right now the chances are we won't.

We're not in the relegation zone, nor would we be if all the teams below us won their games in hand. The teams below us are statistically less likely to score points than we are, and new signings are no guarantee at all of success. I seem to recall Benny signing a non-league player and some god-awful Man City reject. They didn't stop us going down.

Correctemundo! I think it's ridiculously complacent to think "we can't go down".

You can never say "we cant go down" ........................if we lost all our remaining games then sure as hell we would

But...............we have enough in the squad (I think anyway) to keep picking up enough points to keep our heads above the mire.....

Teams below are signing players in desperation to catchup ...with games running out..........we are not in that situation (and hopefuly wont be)

Anyone got time to do some statistical analyses of previous seasons bottom 10 or so positions at crimbo and final placings?

(I would but at work so can only sneak the odd post in)

Would be interesting to see how many teams in our position at this point ended up in bottom three

Millen has sounded like GJ throughout this window.

'We're looking. Teams won't sell their best players. Won't be held to ransom. I still want players but if not I'm happy with the squad.'

F*cking sh*t. Does he think we're stupid?

Its just a pity clipboard Millen did not join his mentor Johnson out the door last march, he talks the same cr-p word for word. What car did you say you were interested in Sir. :preacher:

HARLEY ON A ******** FREE what better offer do you want!!!!.

He should have crawled down the M5 to get him.

If Millen doesn't have a better alternative coming in before the closure of the window, that's an unforgivable gaff and my support for Millen will have evaporated.

Also interesting to see that 6 of the 7 teams below us have changed managers this season. Proof if needed that doing that hasn't helped any of them as there still struggling.

It really only proves that clubs in the sh*te sack their managers and successful ones don't.

That said, I don't think jettisoning Keith would do us any favours at all.

Archived