IGNORED

Two New Signings?

Red Dave

My contact down in Ashton has in the past half hour seen both a car from Plymouth Argyle & a car from Exeter City going in to AG. Couldn't figure out who the players were. Plymouth player was a black guy and Exeter City player was young and blond.

Any thoughts?

If they're from Plymouth and Exeter then hopefully they are there about taking some of our players on loan, not the other way round! With the greatest respect to both those clubs, we don't need loan players from lower leagues right now, we need someone with proven championship experience.

Rubbish!

any proven player that is good enough will go to other sides in our division, because we are a small club in this league.

We need to spot talent on the lower leagues, before other sides in the championship and premier league do, we need young hungry un-proven players - Adamoh for example

we dont need another Nicky Hunt.

maybe Onismor Bhasera from plymouth hes a left back but is in talks with blackpool

He was up blackpool yesterday discussing a move out on loan to the seasiders for the rest of the season having the option to sign the player on a permanent basis at the end of that period.

mayb we might have made a loan offer and now hes discussing terms with us ??

Could be some truth in this,

IF the sightings are true.

Raiz Pitman was unproven,

Elliot was unproven (played a few games at right back for the wall in the championship)

Fontaine was unproven

Skuse was unproven (I'm not a fan btw)

Johnson was unproven

Maynard was unproven

Basso was unproven

Adomah

The list goes on and on,

Hunt was a prem player

John was proven

Cisse was proven

Stewert was proven

so it doesn't matter if the player is proven or unproven expereanced or not I don't care where they come from they could come from Truro city for all I care, as long as they come here give 100% and improve our team is all that matter

Elliot was unproven (played a few games at right back for the wall in the championship)

Fontaine was unproven

Johnson was unproven

Maynard was unproven

Basso was unproven

Adomah

The list goes on and on,

Hunt was a prem player

John was proven

Cisse was proven

Stewert was proven

so it doesn't matter if the player is proven or unproven expereanced or not I don't care where they come from they could come from Truro city for all I care, as long as they come here give 100% and improve our team is all that matter

Totally agree.

I'm not totally against proven players, but we should always be looking at the lower leagues looking for decent players - Its the only way a club like us can survive, because when we are in for well known and proven players - we'll usually lose out to "bigger" clubs - if there any good, if not we usually get the leftovers.

Jon Stead is the only proven player in recent times that has done well for us - and I'm amazed more clubs werent in for him and ipswich we're willing to let him go.

Jon Stead is the only proven player in recent times that has done well for us - and I'm amazed more clubs werent in for him and ipswich we're willing to let him go.

Not sure how far you're going back but I'd say Michael McIndoe, Dele Adebola and Paul Hartley were proven players who did well for us, as is David James.

Not sure how far you're going back but I'd say Michael McIndoe, Dele Adebola and Paul Hartley were proven players who did well for us, as is David James.

They did okay for us, but thats still not many - but then I'm not even saying not to sign proven players.

But it was said earlier that we should only go for them, which is crazy.

Rubbish!

any proven player that is good enough will go to other sides in our division, because we are a small club in this league.

We need to spot talent on the lower leagues, before other sides in the championship and premier league do, we need young hungry un-proven players - Adamoh for example

we dont need another Nicky Hunt.

Abit over the top there dont you think? were hardly a S****horpe! we are a mid table Championship club who should be able to attract mid table Championship players.

Abit over the top there dont you think? were hardly a S****horpe.

We dont think we are, but we are not far off if you ask the rest of the footballing world.

How many clubs in this division are smaller clubs? I'd say there is only 2 smaller clubs in this division......

Just to clarify, there was a Football in the Community regional seminar at AG this morning involving coaches from the various FITC departments in the South West, including Plymouth and Exeter.

My contact down in Ashton has in the past half hour seen both a car from Plymouth Argyle & a car from Exeter City going in to AG. Couldn't figure out who the players were. Plymouth player was a black guy and Exeter City player was young and blond.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

You'd have thought they could've car shared from Exeter? Hope we're not paying fuel bill!

Fontaine was unproven

Johnson was unproven

Maynard was unproven

Basso was unproven

Adomah

The list goes on and on,

Hunt was a prem player

John was proven

Cisse was proven

Stewert was proven

Don't disagree with you Monkeh as a general principle, but my point was about players we sign mid season on loan. All the ones listed above are players we signed either at the start of a season, or who at least weren't chucked straight into the side.

If you start to list the loan players who've come to us mid season as 'unknowns' then you're looking at the likes of Bas Savage, Andy Smith, Peter Styvar. By contrast, one of the few proven ones ('name' players not being GJs cup of tea) was Chris Iwelumo.

I just think that if a players not doing something exceptional in Lge 1 at the moment then he's not going to step straight into a Championship side and make a big difference in a short time. And if he is doing something exceptional then he'll be staying put or going for a permanent move (Austin)

How does he know where the cars are from ?

Do they have Plymouth and Exeter plastered all over um?????

Sounds like crap , by the way Harley has already gone and noble I doubt would be coming back !

I think the answer would be yes they did have plymouth and exeter plastered all over them so not 'Crap' just there for a different reason.

Thanks for the info Dave L.

Archived