IGNORED

Striker Now The Priority

Derk94

After getting home to find Stead is out for two months, we STILL haven't signed anyone, and Nicky still isn't coming back for a few weeks, its made me slightly more frustrated than i was earlier!

I was thinking about who we might sign, Kuqi springs to mind quickly as i see he has been released - (that is not my choice, just thinking 1 +1), and then had another thought. Would it not be an idea to keep searching for a creative midfielder instead of a striker and play him behind Pitman? We know Pitman is good in the box and has scored many a tap in! It would also bring the wingers in to the game more to create more opportunities for Pitman.

I just think it is stupid spending money on a striker instead of a player we have been missing for many, many months. Maynard is not far away anyway, and Pitman can hold his own upfront with the right service from the wingers/new creative midfielder.

Thoughts?

Luke :)

After getting home to find Stead is out for two months, we STILL haven't signed anyone, and Nicky still isn't coming back for a few weeks, its made me slightly more frustrated than i was earlier!

I was thinking about who we might sign, Kuqi springs to mind quickly as i see he has been released - (that is not my choice, just thinking 1 +1), and then had another thought. Would it not be an idea to keep searching for a creative midfielder instead of a striker and play him behind Pitman? We know Pitman is good in the box and has scored many a tap in! It would also bring the wingers in to the game more to create more opportunities for Pitman.

I just think it is stupid spending money on a striker instead of a player we have been missing for many, many months. Maynard is not far away anyway, and Pitman can hold his own upfront with the right service from the wingers/new creative midfielder.

Thoughts?

Did he leave you a note?

Thoughts?

The problem is creative midfielders are hard to come by. If you have 1 you keep him.

At some stage i think we need to take a chance on a lower league creative midfielder.

I like Mackail-smith at Peterborough but he will cost over a million.

Every team wants a creative midfielder in the middle of the park, but to be realistic who is available and how many are out there that are available.

Would it not be an idea to keep searching for a creative midfielder instead of a striker and play him behind Pitman? We know Pitman is good in the box and has scored many a tap in! It would also bring the wingers in to the game more to create more opportunities for Pitman.

Thoughts?

You are not wrong there Luke - we can stick any number of random striker combinations up front but if there is no supply from centre midfield and Albert is being double marked they won't score.

Far, far better to dig a bit deeper now to get the two players in we have already bid for - they are considered purchases who we presume will genuinely fill holes in the first eleven.

If we are now trying to sign a striker, we have precisely three days to research our options and seal the deal. Chances are, we will get a dud.

A striker is not the priority. Why doesn't he have faith in Pitman going it alone? His talent is shooting first time- not linking with other strikers! We need a player that gives him the ball in those positions. We lack creativity not strikers.

Only a month or so ago I saw that we had the best shot conversion ratio of any team in the league, of course it could be that we are always afraid to shoot, but also it signifies that if we do get the ball to the strikers, they tend to do a good job!

There is absolutley no point in bringing in another striker who wont receive the ball due to an incompetant midfield. A midfielder is a must. I believe that we already have that player in the squad, but he is so uninterested and demotivated that he merely goes through the motions every week. That player is Marvin Elliott. He has the abilty but has lost the heart. This must surely be partly down to poor coaching and management.

Any way I certainly don't see Millen being able to secure this type of player on loan and I certainly don't think Lansdown will dip into a permenant transfer in the Jan window... so it's backs to the walls to survive and a summer rethink.

cant believe what millens thinking he knew stead was struggling for months,sold hanynes shipped out akinde maynards weeks away ,then now 3 days left in the window after a month of nothing decides to change direction and get a striker.bet your money if he gets anyone he wont be any better than what he just got rid of.now in 3 days we need a striker ,left back and a creative mid .

cant believe what millens thinking he knew stead was struggling for months,sold hanynes shipped out akinde maynards weeks away ,then now 3 days left in the window after a month of nothing decides to change direction and get a striker.bet your money if he gets anyone he wont be any better than what he just got rid of.now in 3 days we need a striker ,left back and a creative mid .

And I bet we end up with none.

Does anyone know if George Boyd is still on the cards? It was rumoured we were after him for around 2 million, i would be happy if we got him for 1 million. I know the Danns rumour is finished which is a shame, would have loved to have seen him down the gate.

Luke

Thoughts?

But you're missing the point Luke - at least we aren't paying inflated prices and over the odds for anybody, Div 1 here we come!!?:disapointed2se:

A striker is not the priority. Why doesn't he have faith in Pitman going it alone? His talent is shooting first time- not linking with other strikers! We need a player that gives him the ball in those positions. We lack creativity not strikers.

Only a month or so ago I saw that we had the best shot conversion ratio of any team in the league, of course it could be that we are always afraid to shoot, but also it signifies that if we do get the ball to the strikers, they tend to do a good job!

There is absolutley no point in bringing in another striker who wont receive the ball due to an incompetant midfield. A midfielder is a must. I believe that we already have that player in the squad, but he is so uninterested and demotivated that he merely goes through the motions every week. That player is Marvin Elliott. He has the abilty but has lost the heart. This must surely be partly down to poor coaching and management.

Any way I certainly don't see Millen being able to secure this type of player on loan and I certainly don't think Lansdown will dip into a permenant transfer in the Jan window... so it's backs to the walls to survive and a summer rethink.

Creative midfiled who can lead a team at that as well - ain't gonna come cheap !

I'm again beginning to sway to thinking that KM doesn't know what he's doing. We still need a new left-back after about 2 years from when GJ first acknowledged it. We've never replaced Sno or Hartley and are left with the poor combination of either Skuse, Elliot or Johnson. Now we sell one forward to Barnsley only to find that within a fortnight replacing him is our new priority.

Also plenty of other teams seem to be signing players without undue problems.

what's going on?

I'm again beginning to sway to thinking that KM doesn't know what he's doing. We still need a new left-back after about 2 years from when GJ first acknowledged it. We've never replaced Sno or Hartley and are left with the poor combination of either Skuse, Elliot or Johnson. Now we sell one forward to Barnsley only to find that within a fortnight replacing him is our new priority.

Also plenty of other teams seem to be signing players without undue problems.

what's going on?

Well It's like this, when our stock was high and we could have spent the money really improving the squad our policy was to stick by the lads that got us there, now our stock is very low we have no choice but to stick with the lads that got us here. Basically it's going to be as we were and cross our fingers we make it to the end unscathed.

Midfielder subject done to death a little but couldn't believe what I read on the official site about refocusing efforts on a striker now. We paid how much for Clarkson and Pitman? + have Akinde/Jackson and options with Adomah. Why do we need another striker? I know it's only 2 goals for Haynes but goes to show a lot about getting best out of players.

Hope they get that midfield sorted first if not now then summer... please!!

Archived