IGNORED

Love The Irony

Welcome To The Jungle

how about the fact that todays headline is 'striker is a priority', wheras a few days ago it was 'city accept bid for haynes'.

ABSOLUTE MADNESS!!!!

Trying to be charitable and assuming Keith is not a complete idiot what worries me is that Steve has told him to get rid of players regardless of the consequences for the squad and the threat of relegation. In my more extreme moments I fear the nightmare scenario of Steve looking to cut the debt as much as possible before selling; in which case Keith was appointed to manage the decline, a role no experienced manager would have accepted.:disapointed2se:

This mornings HEADLINE was a couple of minutes ago "Bon Jovi tickets still on sale" closely followed by "Mark Watson tickets on sale" and the "Megastore is open all day today"

This is a joke, an absolute joke.

At present in our current plight I dont give a flying about what fund raising concerts are being held or if the store staff are earning a little bit of overtime today flogging off shirts half price (Presumably this means we are getting ANOTHER set of expensive shirts next season - rip off merchants), no what I want to know what is the position regarding finances available or if there are any for Keith to strengthen in the next 24 hours???

At present the club is veering from one crisis to another crisis both ON and OFF the field?

Lansdown get your behind off of your nice snug recliner on Alderney and put down that expensive glass of cognac and start recognising the current level of brown stuff that we are in and if it means that you have to break in to just a small part of your (alleged) £400 million wealth to either help Keith by paying off rubbish like Nicky Hunt or giving Millie the sort of money that clubs are asking then so be it? Even 1 million is only 0.25% of your total wealth if figures on your wealth are to be believed so IF YOU REALLY LOVE THE FOOTBALL PART OF THE CLUB THEN NOW IS THE TIME TO PROVE IT.

This mornings HEADLINE was a couple of minutes ago "Bon Jovi tickets still on sale" closely followed by "Mark Watson tickets on sale" and the "Megastore is open all day today"

At present in our current plight I dont give a flying about what fund raising concerts are being held or if the store staff are earning a little bit of overtime today flogging off shirts half price (Presumably this means we are getting ANOTHER set of expensive shirts next season - rip off merchants), no what I want to know what is the position regarding finances available or if there are any for Keith to strengthen in the next 24 hours???

At present the club is veering from one crisis to another crisis both ON and OFF the field?

Lansdown get your behind off of your nice snug recliner on Alderney and put down that expensive glass of cognac and start recognising the current level of brown stuff that we are in and if it means that you have to break in to just a small part of your (alleged) £400 million wealth to either help Keith by paying off rubbish like Nicky Hunt or giving Millie the sort of money that clubs are asking then so be it? Even 1 million is only 0.25% of your total wealth if figures on your wealth are to be believed so IF YOU REALLY LOVE THE FOOTBALL PART OF THE CLUB THEN NOW IS THE TIME TO PROVE IT.

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. He bailed us 12 million worth of losses last year, because in the main we got crap in who never improved the squad. I stand by what I say, I hope we don't get anyone in this transfer window so Keith can show he is or isn't going to make it as a manager, throwing more money at this problem is not how we should be running the club. It should be all about coaching, being a tactician and good scouting.

His work needs to be done in the summer, quick fixes now wont solve the fact we have a team full of marathon runners and very little skill, it's about time Lansdown kept his hands out of his pocket and watch the manager he put in place and believes will be a "great manager" get enough points on the board to ensure our survival. If he fails then perhaps that is the time to say goodbye and we start again. The summer break is the best time to spend money.

Concerts bring in revenue and when were 12 million in debt we need all the revenue we can get, and in my world you sell tickets by advertising.

Concerts bring in revenue and when were 12 million in debt we need all the revenue we can get, and in my world you sell tickets by advertising. There are some first class idiots on here, but you take the biscuit with these comments about Landsdown. (Sorry i got a stutter)

I think you're a bit OTT on Lansdown. He's had a bad year but I don't know that he's complacent...perhaps just a bit out of his depth...like his manager.

To our main point. Agreed. The PR at City is pitiful.

What's priceless is the thought that the sort of fan who looks at the City website on a daily basis is the target audience for tickets to see ageing US rockstars or stand ups...doesn't match the profile of the people who sit around me! And who wants a momento of one of the worst seasons in memory...even if its cheap?

I have never felt so disheartened about what seems to be happening at AG these days,so many conflicting stories,and total bullsxxx,but the most worrying aspect seems to be the complete silence from mr lansdown,probably enjoying his retirement in guernsey too much.He stated that when he left he would not leave us on the mire,well,he better not leave now because we are well and truly in the bloody mire

Ive never known a concert win a football match or save a team from relegation?????

The Byrds played in Barnsley in 1967 during 3 games which Barnsley won all 3 keeping them up from relegation by a point.

It's since been known as the "concert saved a teamed from relegation" year. So I'm afraid you're wrong.

I have never felt so disheartened about what seems to be happening at AG these days,so many conflicting stories,and total bullsxxx,but the most worrying aspect seems to be the complete silence from mr lansdown,probably enjoying his retirement in guernsey too

much.He stated that when he left he would not leave us on the mire,well,he better not leave now because we are well and truly in the bloody mire

Were just below mid table in the Championship, that's NO mire.

Being bottom of the league or even bottom of the 4th Division is in the mire. Were not, get a grip of reality please.

What I thought was out of order was the article on the 26th advertising away shirts at £25. Now I must admit I was tempted as the 'vat offer was due to finish soon'. Then low and behold it had finished two days later, but it had actually gone down to £20 in the 'mega sale'. Five storys apart on the same page on the website!

Maybe Im angry because of are current plight. Actually I know Im angry about this balls up of a season but I think its very unfair to rip supporters off like this. Its just typical. Its badly thought out poorly planned.

Of course if we were in play offs positions I couldnt care less, shirts get cheaper towards end of season thats life. Just really winds me up that in my eyes we cant even do the little things professionaly. Should of deleted the article from front page its that simple.

Rant over.

You sir are an idiot.

Regards

Why don't you get off yours, and go buy a discounted football shirt or a concert ticket to help bring in revenue for the club, instead of relying on just one man?

IMHO it's you who needs to get a grip on reality,although I admire your blind faith and optimism,let's see what happens at the end of this so far dismal season,I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong

Well that's what my point is,we see where we are at the end of the season.

I haven't got blind faith, I'm just not in total panic mode because we all know what this division is like.

We are just as likely to end up mid table as we are the bottom 3. Time will tell.

Archived