IGNORED

Boom Boom About To Face The Gunners

reddogkev

Just about to watch former city man Jamie McCombe take on Nasri, Arshavin et al; should be interesting to see how he copes against their brand of total football.

How do you reckon he will do? Is he going to be torn to shreds or might he be able to pose his old goal threat from set pieces?

Would any of you have him back in our team at the moment?

Just about to watch former city man Jamie McCombe take on Nasri, Arshavin et al; should be interesting to see how he copes against their brand of total football.

How do you reckon he will do? Is he going to be torn to shreds or might he be able to pose his old goal threat from set pieces?

Love to see him play well.

Always liked McCombe.

One inconsistent half season where it turned out he'd been playing through injury which ended up needing an operation, the crowd got at him, and his confidence went down.

Certainly more reliable than Cisse or Stewart so there would have been a place for him this season, and on previous form he wouldn't have let us down.

Fans talk about us missing Orr and Hartley from last season but the departures of the versatile Brian Wilson, and McCombe, two real triers who always gave their all, have also left notable gaps in the squad.

What a way to cock up an otherwise impressive performance from Jamie!

You have just, perhaps inadvertently, explained why we shipped him out when we did; in his latter time with us he may have had some good games but you really cannot play well for 80 minutes only to make a massive blunder in a 5 second display of clumsiness.

Arsenal goal: Harsh on Huddersfield. Very harsh. Nicklas Bendtner goes down very cheaply in the area following the faintest of touches from Jamie McCombe.

Cesc Fabregas is asking for McCombe to be sent off, which is never good to see, but it's just a booking. Anyway, once the penalty is taken, Fabregas steps up to slot home from the spot.

Cesc Fabregas - (a word from the film Meet the Fockers can only discribe him) Aaaaaass hole!!!

Sadly, I believe I put the kiss of death on him...

I was thinking to myself around the 83, 84 minutes mark 'hmm, McCombe has been solid today'- next minute he gives away a penalty! :grr:

As for the game itself, with a little more composure in front of goal Huddersfield could very possibly have got a replay. Enjoyable Cup tie all round.

Have to disagree Judge... Cesc is correct in that he is asking for ref consistency; it's not about it being a soft decision. The rule book is quite clear; last man so if ref deems it a foul he must go.

Hardly sportsmanship is it. Leave it for the match official to decide.

Ho hang on this is a Premier League football player we are talking about sportsmanship does not exist in his world does it.

Have to disagree Judge... Cesc is correct in that he is asking for ref consistency; it's not about it being a soft decision. The rule book is quite clear; last man so if ref deems it a foul he must go.

Can you point me to the rule that mentions the last man please. I've read them all and cant find it.

Ironically enough, 1 and a half years ago (or 2 years this summer)!

When you think of all the money we have wasted on loan strikers etc over the last 2 years( especially last season) it's crazy.

We only had to give him an extra years contract, GJ was worried his legs were going,it's being proved there still life in them.

Archived