IGNORED

Preston Turn Down Improved Bid For Jones

Lordofthebling

I was sniffing around the pne forum last night and found a lot of anger towards their chairman with many claiming that he was preparing for lge 1 by letting their top players leave.

This story smacks of a publicity stunt by their chairman to try and convince the Preston faithful they tried their best to hang on these players.

I'm now fairly confident we'll get Jones as long as no one else is alerted to his avalibillity

I was sniffing around the pne forum last night and found a lot of anger towards their chairman with many claiming that he was preparing for lge 1 by letting their top players leave.

This story smacks of a publicity stunt by their chairman to try and convince the Preston faithful they tried their best to hang on these players.

I'm now fairly confident we'll get Jones as long as no one else is alerted to his avalibillity

At least this story proves that SL is prepared to splash his cash.....AGAIN!!!

BCAGFC

BCAGFC

It certainly does - fair shout to the guy. If the rumours are true with the bids we have out there, we could be looking at splashing out best part of £2m today (minus what we could get back from transfers out)

Got to love the bloke

SL realises that we need to replace some of the absolute crap that GJ signed (he did sign a couple of decent players but not many) to stay in this division and I think he REALLY trusts KM's opinion on players.

BCAGFC

Well if I was SL, the signings of Stead and Pitman would give me a high degree of confidence in KM's ability to find a player.

SL realises that we need to replace some of the absolute crap that GJ signed (he did sign a couple of decent players but not many) to stay in this division and I think he REALLY trusts KM's opinion on players.

BCAGFC

Lest we forget that because of GJ, Millen has the privilege of managing a CHAMPIONSHIP club instead of having to learn his trade at Clevedon or WSM.

I think your looking into it abit too much here! there chairman has rejected two bids from us so how the hell are we going to sign him? its just not going to heppen! end of.

• Admin

Lest we forget that because of GJ, Millen has the privilege of managing a CHAMPIONSHIP club instead of having to learn his trade at Clevedon or WSM.

I think there are plenty of us that are grateful to GJ, in his turning the club round from a bunch of piss head wasters into a fit and committed squad that got to the play-off final. That remains a great legacy, but there's no doubt, for whatever reason, the last 18 months of his tenure saw a decline in quality of play, players signed and I am fairly convinced that there was more to th Basso departure than has been revealed.

BCAGFC

HOPEFULLY.

With players we are getting linked with George Boyd, Billy Jones & Andy Keogh all 3 are decent players who are at a good age and are still likely to have a re-sell value at a later date

I think there are plenty of us that are grateful to GJ, in his turning the club round from a bunch of piss head wasters into a fit and committed squad that got to the play-off final. That remains a great legacy, but there's no doubt, for whatever reason, the last 18 months of his tenure saw a decline in quality of play, players signed and I am fairly convinced that there was more to th Basso departure than has been revealed.

Spot on. You can appreciate the success he brought and acknowledge that mistakes were made and it was correct to change things. All this can be done without bitterness too.

Like having a say in the crap signings?

So you give GJ all the credit but KM gets a share of the blame? Seems like a well balanced reasonable view to me. Glad to see you're not employing any kind of bias in your views.

Spot on. You can appreciate the success he brought and acknowledge that mistakes were made and it was correct to change things. All this can be done without bitterness too.

So you give GJ all the credit but KM gets a share of the blame? Seems like a well balanced reasonable view to me. Glad to see you're not employing any kind of bias in your views.

I think you are deliberately missing the point. GJ had run his course and had to go his decision making had become desperate and what worked before was no longer working and things needed freshening up. What I am saying is please do not forget who was the assistant manager/head coach when things started to go wrong and crap signings were made, you can't get more balanced than that.

Well if he did'nt have any say, my god what does that say him?.

Having a say and having an influence are 2 different things. Gary trusted his brother judgement and that probably overrided anything KM had to say. I will say it again the 2 signings we are sure that KM is responsible for are Pitman and Stead, so far I have to say I have been happy with both of them. Steads injury is unfortunate but he passed a medical to get here so it must have been unforeseen..

Well if he did'nt have any say, my god what does that say him?.

It probably says that he was assistant manager under a gaffer who was very self confident in his decision making and who had complete trust in his own blood who was head scout.

Millen's main role under GJ was taking training and various other bits and bobs. Identifying transfer targets it was not. It is now, let's see what he comes up with shall we?

Like having a say in the crap signings?

I think we all need to be more consistent.

If GJ is to blame for squad imbalance then Millen must take a share ofthe responsibility, but similarly, if GJ is to take justified credit for our massively successful period under his stewardship, then Millen must take just as much credit for his role in that period!

Therefore, Millen should be on a clean sheet of paper coming out of his patnership with GJ. He needs to be given credit for being his own man, we need to consign GJ to his rightful place in our history books!

The facts are, our squad is unbalanced, that is the fault of GJ, Millen, SL, Scouts, and any other people you can think of. Millen is clearly aware of those imbalances, and facing much difficulty is trying to fix them!

The problem on here is over exaggeration, of which most posters are guilty of. When one poster subjectively ignores one side of a situation to fit their argument it seems that the response is usually in exactly the same vein in order to counteract the previous post. It feels like a bitter cycle sometimes, because generally the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I think we all need to be more consistent.

If GJ is to blame for squad imbalance then Millen must take a share ofthe responsibility, but similarly, if GJ is to take justified credit for our massively successful period under his stewardship, then Millen must take just as much credit for his role in that period!

Therefore, Millen should be on a clean sheet of paper coming out of his patnership with GJ. He needs to be given credit for being his own man, we need to consign GJ to his rightful place in our history books!

The facts are, our squad is unbalanced, that is the fault of GJ, Millen, SL, Scouts, and any other people you can think of. Millen is clearly aware of those imbalances, and facing much difficulty is trying to fix them!

The problem on here is over exaggeration, of which most posters are guilty of. When one poster subjectively ignores one side of a situation to fit their argument it seems that the response is usually in exactly the same vein in order to counteract the previous post. It feels like a bitter cycle sometimes, because generally the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Thank you my point exactly (better put) it just makes me laugh the way some posters do Millen the total disservice of pretty much describing him as this shrinking violet who allowed himself to be totally manipulated and marginalised by the big bad GJ as if that is some kind of quality.

Thank you my point exactly (better put) it just makes me laugh the way some posters do Millen the total disservice of pretty much describing him as this shrinking violet who allowed himself to be totally manipulated and marginalised by the big bad GJ as if that is some kind of quality.

I think simply put the buck always stops with the manager, particularly one like GJ who didn't really allow much dissent. So I give GJ 100% of the credit for our promotion, and 100% of the blame for the last 18 months or so of shite and panic signings.

Millen had a completely clean sheet for me at the start of the season and I think he's done well in extremely difficult circumstances. Did you really give Keith Millen a clean slate? Your posts indicate otherwise.

I agree with you, but as I said I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, Johnson undoubtedly put a lot of trust in his brother, and was more than likely the person who he sounded out an opinion from most often, but to suggest Millen had no input at all is laughable.

Unfortunately in the same breath, other posters seem unable to get past Millens links to the previous tenure. I do feel that most opinions from the most vocal posters were made up before the appointment, some seem unwilling to back him whilst others seem unwilling to question him.

I just feel that there is more of a concentration on being more contrversial than the last poster or on rubbishing other peoples points than there is on honest reflection and that is a deep routed problem.

I am guilty of it too, When you see a subjective post full of speculation and insults sometimes you lose it slighty and go so defensive of the things they blindly insult that your posts lose credence.

Things are not as bad as people are making out, there are also some pretty big problems that some people arent giving enough value to.

Archived