IGNORED

Player Power

Redcliffe 78

Trouble is fans love the club and expect players too aswell. 99.9% of them dont care whose paying them as long as its as much as they can earn at the time and they get to play.

Dont expect players to think of a club as anything more than a current employer and a stepping stone to a bigger payday and you wont be disappointed.

I'm not saying players are wrong just that we cant expect loyalty because we give none back when we think they're not good enough. It works both ways.

Football has gone crazy 35mil for someone who has played about 20 top flight games in his career! Good player and a potential great player! 35m should be for someone tried and tested! As for the transfer request he's obviously been told to do that! Madness!

And people wonder why we have so many foreigners in the Premier League. The prices for young English players are ridiculous.

• Admin

Trouble is fans love the club and expect players too aswell. 99.9% of them dont care whose paying them as long as its as much as they can earn at the time and they get to play.

Dont expect players to think of a club as anything more than a current employer and a stepping stone to a bigger payday and you wont be disappointed.

I'm not saying players are wrong just that we cant expect loyalty because we give none back when we think they're not good enough. It works both ways.

I must admit, it does amuse me to see the great wailings and gnashing of teeth when one of the 'heroes' leaves. As far as I'm concerned, let them go, 40+ years of going down the Gate and the only constant is the ground and the fans.Players come and go all the time, some better than others.

I think Carroll is doing Newcastle a massive favour and Liverpool fans will be more disappointed.

Power has always been with the players and always will be, they are after all the ones people pay money to watch.

I think you will find before Jimmy Hill came along players did not have 'the power' . His crusade for a minimum wage changed the whole status quo for good and I don't mean for the better.

Very true you can pick up a half decent experienced player from the continent at a fraction of the price of a up and coming English player.

Correct- to think David Villa cost £7m less than Carroll appears to. Which one is proven at the highest level though? Crazy.

Suppose though, one thing that may count for him is his massive potential, or if worst comes to worst a resale value given age etc.

• Admin

Correct- to think David Villa cost £7m less than Carroll appears to. Which one is proven at the highest level though? Crazy.

Suppose though, one thing that may count for him is his massive potential, or if worst comes to worst a resale value given age etc.

Thats if he learns to behave, or he might end up playing for HMP Liverpool

Archived