IGNORED

Iwelumo

Southport Red

My pleasure interview before the Palarse home game, actually if you read it he say's this style got us out of trouble earlier in the season and will again, so it looks as though he say's we have played that way a lot this season and I suppose he must know he is the manager after all.

"We got ourselves out of trouble earlier in the season by being hard to beat," said Millen. "We organised ourselves, defended well as a team, played the ball long and turned the opposition when we had to and won ugly.

"Those are all things we need to start doing again if we are to put right what has gone wrong in the last two games.

No wonder you end up arguing with so many people on here, it's clear you can't read anything in context.

The difference between what you've quoted (and probably you've only posted part of the interview you haven't linked) and your suggestion Millen wants us to punt long balls for the remainder of the season is vast.

Don't let any sense of rationality get in the way of your agenda though.

No wonder you end up arguing with so many people on here, it's clear you can't read anything in context.

The difference between what you've quoted (and probably you've only posted part of the interview you haven't linked) and your suggestion Millen wants us to punt long balls for the remainder of the season is vast.

where did he suggest that? he said Millen said it several weeks ago, which he did.

Look I know you are smart,but FFS please be honest in your attempted character assassination.

Firstly where did I suggest Millen wanted to punt long balls for the remainder of the season?.

Secondly you were the one suggesting that we don't play that way, I was merely pointing out that our leader says different.

I did'nt link the whole interview because it was about how we were going to beat Palarse at home and not pertinent to the question.

Firstly where did I suggest Millen wanted to punt long balls for the remainder of the season?.

Perhaps you should read my post that you replied to on this thread and then your reply.

Secondly you were the one suggesting that we don't play that way, I was merely pointing out that our leader says different.

Er, no, I said I don't want to watch us punt long balls for the rest of the season.

In your quote, Millen mentions "going long and turning the opposition when we had to" as one of three things we were doing differently in a particular context.

Not as our preferred play style for the rest of the season or as the mainstay of our successful play. You've misinterpreted that all on your own.

And let's be clear - we haven't signed Iwelumo under Millen have we? Instead we've signed two bigger strikers in Stead and Keogh who can actually play the ball on the floor, run with it and have some vision. So perhaps he doesn't want to lump the ball quite as much as you think?

I did'nt link the whole interview because it was about how we were going to beat Palarse at home and not pertinent to the question.

Don't worry, I don't let rationality get in the way of my support of BCFC.

You'd have a better case against Millen if you didn't copy Robbored's anti-GJ tactics of turning every thread into a debate about Millen where you twist things to suit.

People would be less inclined to consider you in the same crackpot basket as him if you avoided this I think.

Perhaps the reason it has failed this time is because without Stead or a fully fit Stead, we haven't had a proper outlet for that particular tactic.

Even with a fit Stead we still don't lump balls up field, but we do play long balls into the channels at times. Stead works the channels,Stead has probably put in more crosses than our wingers have this season.

He's NOT a target man and I don't remember us playing any of the long negative punt football that GJ played at all this season.

Perhaps you should read my post that you replied to on this thread and then your reply.

Er, no, I said I don't want to watch us punt long balls for the rest of the season.

In your quote, Millen mentions "going long and turning the opposition when we had to" as one of three things we were doing differently in a particular context.

Not as our preferred play style for the rest of the season or as the mainstay of our successful play. You've misinterpreted that all on your own.

And let's be clear - we haven't signed Iwelumo under Millen have we? Instead we've signed two bigger strikers in Stead and Keogh who can actually play the ball on the floor, run with it and have some vision. So perhaps he doesn't want to lump the ball quite as much as you think?

Don't worry, I don't let rationality get in the way of my support of BCFC.

You'd have a better case against Millen if you didn't copy Robbored's anti-GJ tactics of turning every thread into a debate about Millen where you twist things to suit.

People would be less inclined to consider you in the same crackpot basket as him if you avoided this I think.

I have explained my stance reference Millen on a previous thread (where you asked me too) and what is crackpot about that?, I also said on that thread that unlike many others on here I can and will put my hands up and say I was wrong if that day actually comes because the fate of BCFC is what matters to me, also unlike the ultra pro Millen militia on here I have no agenda whatsoever. Still you've proved what I also said, when your views don't match theirs abuse and attack the poster is the best option.

Here is your project for tonight, please show me any post where I have called for Millen to be sacked or where I have called him a conference manager, but i'll give a little help you won't find one post because I have never said that once, so your comparison to RR is rather silly.

I have explained my stance reference Millen on a previous thread (where you asked me too) and what is crackpot about that?, I also said on that thread that unlike many others on here I can and will put my hands up and say I was wrong if that day actually comes because the fate of BCFC is what matters to me, also unlike the ultra pro Millen militia on here I have no agenda whatsoever. Still you've proved what I also said, when your views don't match theirs abuse and attack the poster is the best option.

If you're feeling abused I'd suggest you're a more sensitive little flower than your posting style would suggest. But then you're probably reading things out of context again.

Here is your project for tonight, please show me any post where I have called for Millen to be sacked or where I have called him a conference manager, but i'll give a little help you won't find one post because I have never said that once, so your comparison to RR is rather silly.

I can't separate those posts from the thousands of others you've made about Millen unfortunately Robbo.

Anyhow, this thread is called Iwelumo, and it's been derailed far enough already.

Even with a fit Stead we still don't lump balls up field, but we do play long balls into the channels at times. Stead works the channels,Stead has probably put in more crosses than our wingers have this season.

He's NOT a target man and I don't remember us playing any of the long negative punt football that GJ played at all this season.

You werent at QPR then?

Sometimes you have to and to suggest we never do now is nonsense.

Sorry to interrupt the hate fest but since I started this thread, I'd like to try and put it back on track. FWIW I really liked Iwelumo when he was here awkward bugger who scared the hell out of defenders. I would love it if we WERE one of the two mystery Championship clubs in for him although, as another poster said, I fear it will probs be Ipswich and someone (Swansea?).

Would be good if it WAS us though IMHO

If you're feeling abused I'd suggest you're a more sensitive little flower than your posting style would suggest. But then you're probably reading things out of context again.

I can't separate those posts from the thousands of others you've made about Millen unfortunately Robbo.

Anyhow, this thread is called Iwelumo, and it's been derailed far enough already.

Nah your ok, i've been abused by people with guns in places you've only read about, i'll live.

Archived