IGNORED

New Ground Meeting

Br1stolCityBoy

Am I right in saying, that there is a meeting going on tonight with the village green residents, about a comprimise over the new ground. If so, do any one know how it's going on???

Reported on local (ITV) news that it was held today and is on-going. SL was there and said talks would continue tomorrow.

The gist of the TV report ( and to be fair the reporter didn't have much to go on) was that it would be better and probably cheaper in the long run if both sides could reach an acceptable compromise.

Rather than taking it down the full legal route where the outcome would be determined by a judge/court, be binding, and not be fine tuned to get the best out of the situation for those affected, i.e. club and residents. :fingerscrossed:

Some sort of compromise?? The plans already provide 8 acres of wetlands, thats plenty of space for the dogs to dump their lumps!

I'll let everyone into a bit of a secret here.

.... the secret that is going to be the solution to this argument of disused rubbish tip / state of the art regional stadium to put Bristol on the map / - which is best.

'Badgers'. In a word.

Whichever side can get the badgers 'onside' will come out ontop here, IMHO.

SL needs to get some of his financial boffins onto this PDQ, and make the resident badgers onside straight away. I can't understand how he has overlooked the real 'power-brokers' of the issue for so long.

Anyway - everyone os going to know about the badgers now - so we must move FAST!

Steve! Target the badgers!

:yes:

P.S. The little voices in my head have reminded me we need a slogan to get the badgers onside. My mind has gone completely blank though ........

.... the secret that is going to be the solution to this argument of disused rubbish tip / state of the art regional stadium to put Bristol on the map / - which is best.

'Badgers'. In a word.

SL needs to get some of his financial boffins onto this PDQ, and make the resident badgers onside straight away. I can't understand how he has overlooked the real 'power-brokers' of the issue for so long.

Anyway - everyone os going to know about the badgers now - so we must move FAST!

P.S. The little voices in my head have reminded me we need a slogan to get the badgers onside. My mind has gone completely blank though ........

Brilliant.

'Badgers'. In a word.

I can't help with the slogan but i got a pack of badgers down here in my London garden; I can ask em now, as they are munching through my food waste pile, if they would be prepared, for a fee of course, to come down to Brizzle and act the part that they live on the village green. In fact they are a pretty aggressive London bunch and would probably have no problem biting the arses off all those dogs that shite on ashton vale. You'd soon have no objections then surely? In fact the residents would be so concerned for the welfare of their dogs that they would be driving the JCB's over their 'dens' themselves.

'Badgers'. In a word.

Badges for Badgers !

Actually Steve Lansdowne has the number 1 badger in his pocket.

Forward planning, he sought her out and married her ! His wife Maggie, aka Badger on this forum.

Mmmm.

:angry:

We don't ALL appear to be taking this as seriously as perhaps we should.

I say again: the badgers are the key - they are to the staduim project what the Wombles were to wimbledon common.

Some group of carrot crunchers from the Chew Valley managed to blag thier wat into Hargeaves and Lansdown HQ the other day, asking about funding for thier cabbage patch. Fair enough, Steves Head of Investment made them feel as welcome as a new goalkeeper for the :gasmask: , but at least they EXPLORED THE ISSUE.

We must do the same before that lot from Long Ashton do the same - and god forbid the bagers 'turn tail' and opt for protection.

So, on a show of hands, can we get the Chairman of the Supportets Trust down to HL HQ tomorrow with a carrier bag for some cash for the badgers?

P.S. Just one tinsy-winsey issue with this. If there are indeed badgers on the site of Wembley South West, we will need planning permission from North Somerset Council for a 'badger underpass' to allow access under the A370 on match days.

Better apply sooner rather than later, me thinks ......

:yawn:

Taxi re: badgers -

I'm sure there are lots of grey areas to be considered too, the 'compromise meeting' talks were reported as going on for over seven hours today so its obviously not just a black & white issue.

Unfortunately these talks were confidential & we wont know what they consisted of, - unless we had the services of a mole on the inside of course! :)

PS .. I dunno what relevance whispering grass has in all this but - well here it is anyway, brings back some memories if nothin' else .....

IMO, the AVHG are just participating in these talks so they don't get accused of not wanting to compromise later in the process.

They don't want the stadium and no amount of 'discussions' will change that view.

Sadly, they will have many backers for their legal fight in the courts.

BCAGFC

IMO, the AVHG are just participating in these talks so they don't get accused of not wanting to compromise later in the process.

They don't want the stadium and no amount of 'discussions' will change that view.

Sadly, they will have many backers for their legal fight in the courts.

BCAGFC

But any "legal" fight can and WILL only be about a "town green" application.. :mafia: ..............the plans for the stadium have already been discussed and voted on and are approved

City council have really backed themselves into a corner with both BCFC & our opponents shouting and pointing fingers at them ......hence the suggestion from them for mediation......

I reckon we should Offer to include in the development a town green the size of the average town green in the UK (which cant be very big now can it?) we will even stick a Maypole on it painted with red & white stripes so they can dance merrily away .........and I reckon they will be forced to accept or it will show them as the problem in the whole issue & the council can then turn the application down

Would be nice too ....we can all sit around in the summer with pre match Natch and a cheese & apple picnic.....:farmer:

Taxi re: badgers -

I'm sure there are lots of grey areas to be considered too, the 'compromise meeting' talks were reported as going on for over seven hours today so its obviously not just a

black & white issue.

Unfortunately these talks were confidential & we wont know what they consisted of, - unless we had the services of a mole on the inside of course! :)

PS .. I dunno what relevance whispering grass has in all this but - well here it is anyway, brings back some memories if nothin' else .....

I get a funny feeling you know a lot more about what's going on than the rest of us!!

Anymore you can day?

I must admit to being a little surprised by this talking shop.

I just can't see how we can reach a compromise when, imho, the locals are not entirely transparent about their motives. In a nutshell they don't want a stadium. Its as black and white as that.

You can't compromise on a point of principle like this can you? It would be like compromising on your religious beliefs or being only slightly pregnant.

I must admit to being a little surprised by this talking shop.

I just can't see how we can reach a compromise when, imho, the locals are not entirely transparent about their motives. In a nutshell they don't want a stadium. Its as black and white as that.

You can't compromise on a point of principle like this can you? It would be like compromising on your religious beliefs or being only slightly pregnant.

They might know that the evidence that City has is overwhelming, likewise they may not be able to afford legal proceedings, but the discussions would give the residents every opportunity to squeeze as much as they can out of the club - that's their compromise*

* assuming the residents don't believe they can win the Village Green argument.

I don't Matty. I think it's gonna take years of court wrangling.

Unlikely in my opinion. The council have backed us every step of the way, so are not going to allow this to derail things. They have to be seen to be listening and pandering to the nimbys. For once the council want this as much as us. A compelling case as to why this should never have been declared a VG has been compiled and it will be a case of "we sympathise with your points, but, this, this, this and this means we will be overturning the decision." In the meantime a save face compromise of sorts will be reached in these meetings and both sides will claim victory.

All this is in my opinion, of course.

Mmmmmm.

Curious - why, indeed would SL be on Points West?

Could be one of two things:-

1) He's doing the forecast (lets face it - could he be any worse than Richardo Anguinus?). BUT! The forecast is at the end - not at 1840.

OR

2) Steve has done a deal with the loosers from LA, AND has got the badgers onside, as I, Taxi for Rennie, advised him to only yesterday.

I'm glad to see Steve is still humble, and can take advice from experts in badgering like myself.

Excellent:-

1840 SL announces the go-ahead for Wembley SL (the 'Badger Bowl')

1945 We kick-off against the Jacks

2130 3 points in the bag - courtesy of the late penalty.

:dancing2:

Archived