IGNORED

Football Is Insane - Well In Excess Of £200m Spent Today

Maesknoll Red

Certainly QE has had its part to play, quite a big one at that. QE definitely a large part, I think that, demand from Asian rising economies and instability in the Middle East are the 3 key factors.

Agreed, the one we could control in the last 4 - 6 years was the QE in this country.

Whilst the rest of us tighten our belts, another 3/4 of a million join the higher rate taxpayers as the top rate tax threshold is dropped and unemployment rises.......

Premier League & Football league clubs spent an amount today, now exceeding £200M according to the BBC, last Jan it was £29M, whatever has sparked this madness today?

I can see football self imploding in the future, and the "have nots" will rise above the popular sides of today.

As for us, I guess we will be mid table..much where we are now, because....we are Bristol City!!

• Admin

I can see football self imploding in the future, and the "have nots" will rise above the popular sides of today.

As for us, I guess we will be mid table..much where we are now, because....we are Bristol City!!

Its got to happen hasn't it, Chelsea posted a loss of £71M last year and then spent as much again yesterday, if Roman buggers off back to Moscow taking his rubles with him, they'll definitely fold - unless of course anothe rich benefactor steps in!!

Its got to happen hasn't it, Chelsea posted a loss of £71M last year and then spent as much again yesterday, if Roman buggers off back to Moscow taking his rubles with him, they'll definitely fold - unless of course anothe rich benefactor steps in!!

In the past though, there's always somebody a little bit richer who can step in and cover the debts, but with the likes of Abramovich and the Man City owners, you're talking about the richest people in the World, and if they can't cover the costs, nobody can!!*

* Please, please, please let this happen :-)

I hate the money culture in football but I can't see what anyone can do about market economics.

No point in getting upset about it though.

One day, the earth will be consumed by the sun - or the sun will go out, and all life on earth will end.

Then these transfers will be shown in thier true context.

:tumbleweed:

But.

Neil Warnock will always be a b*******d.

(I hates him.)

Archived