IGNORED

I Have An Idea, Lets Buy A Striker

screech

We haven't bought one of those for a good day or so, we must be overdue. After another blinding performance from our mobile midfield tonight I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong about making a creative midfielder the priority in the window, what we actually need is another striker who enjoys long balls punted in their general direction with no hope of ever getting a chance created for them. Is that 8 foot tall chinese bloke any good at football?

We haven't bought one of those for a good day or so, we must be overdue. After another blinding performance from our mobile midfield tonight I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong about making a creative midfielder the priority in the window, what we actually need is another striker who enjoys long balls punted in their general direction with no hope of ever getting a chance created for them. Is that 8 foot tall chinese bloke any good at football?

haha- his name is Yao Ming and he plays basketball for the Houston Rockets

:w00t: We were both wrong about needing to buy a creative midfielder in the transfer window. The high command at this club want more strikers - at any cost - not capable and creative midfielders.

Although this is a piss-take it actually gave me a serious thought. Whoever we have up-front we seem to have to resign ourselves that we are going to hoof it from the back whilst we have KM in charge. There is a certain Mr Dele Adebola playing for Forest, not very often getting a start, but why not see if he fancies a loan spell back at AG? If we are to carry on with the hoof-ball we might as well get someone in who can win the ball in the air, hold the ball up, rough the oppositon defenders up and get 4 or 5 goals in the remainder of the season.

Keogh, Clarkson and Pitman are all too similar, not big target men, nor pacy, and don't really work together. Scary thought of the night was that I could see the benefit of having Akinde on the bench, once fit, just to add variety, and give the defence a different challege.

Yeah cos um, we didn't need cover for Stead and signing Keogh was the whole reason we didn't find the magic creative midfielder right?

Thought not.

Yeah cos um, we didn't need cover for Stead and signing Keogh was the whole reason we didn't find the magic creative midfielder right?

Thought not.

Er, um, yeah, Millen said he was switching focus to sign a striker. So that pretty much says he is switching focus, or another way, he is not pursuing anymore, or perhaps a slightly different way, he's not looking too hard at the problem of no supply.

Clarkson, Akinde, Pittman and Maynard (fit soon so we are told) would do if there was a better supply. Sorry if you have missed it but, we haven't scored a goal in 5 games, and we don't look likely too.

Defend him all you want, everytime I watch City I see a midfield incapable of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, incapable of driving forward beyond the strikers, frightened to death on the ball, disorganised and lacking of leadership, sitting just off the centre halfs, and no sign of a killer ball in sight. Maybe you get off on City pissing away money on signing striker after striker, but there is a gaping hole in the side that has been there for an age, and no matter how many more strikers we will sign the weakness will be a lack of supply for them to feed off. Maybe Keith and GJ have this dinosaur theory in their heads that hoof and hope football is the future to success.

Archived