IGNORED

Half Time Speech.

Rednready

Around 50 years ago, I walked into the dressing round with our Rep team down 0-2.

We had an old style coach who was a WW2 Army veteran. He looked around put a small casette player on the bench and it played clips of Winston Churchills famous inspirational speeches from WW2.

He hit the stop button, looked around the locker room and said, " There are men up there in the stands who went through that war, who survived and are now existing on 10 pounds a week. You dont deserve their sacrifice, their support, honour or bravery. Curchill would have you shot, Hitler would send you to the Russian front. Put your chins to the wind, think of who you represent, think of your country, go out there and pull the trigger ! "

The players walked onto the pitch misty eyed and ready to go through a brick wall........no prisoners ! We won 7-3. The annual Army v Navy match, with many ex pro's and future pro's on both sides. The Army even had a former Hungarian International playing, It was no mugs game.

I dont blame KM for saying the team could not play worse ! Suck eggs ! They are living in luxury, a good dose of reality, being a kick up the ass. Embarrass them by all means, dont cozy up to them one bit. They need major shock therapy, a product of Englands soft underbelly, thats what they have become !

I am 68, old school and I see a team of names, they need to apply some guts and true grit, the fans up in the stands deserve that and more.

RNR.

Around 50 years ago, I walked into the dressing round with our Rep team down 0-2.

We had an old style coach who was a WW2 Army veteran. He looked around put a small casette player on the bench and it played clips of Winston Churchills famous inspirational speeches from WW2.

He hit the stop button, looked around the locker room and said, " There are men up there in the stands who went through that war, who survived and are now existing on 10 pounds a week. You dont deserve their sacrifice, their support, honour or bravery. Curchill would have you shot, Hitler would send you to the Russian front. Put your chins to the wind, think of who you represent, think of your country, go out there and pull the trigger ! "

The players walked onto the pitch misty eyed and ready to go through a brick wall........no prisoners ! We won 7-3. The annual Army v Navy match, with many ex pro's and future pro's on both sides. The Army even had a former Hungarian International playing, It was no mugs game.

I dont blame KM for saying the team could not play worse ! Suck eggs ! They are living in luxury, a good dose of reality, being a kick up the ass. Embarrass them by all means, dont cozy up to them one bit. They need major shock therapy, a product of Englands soft underbelly, thats what they have become !

I am 68, old school and I see a team of names, they need to apply some guts and true grit, the fans up in the stands deserve that and more.

RNR.

Brilliant post. They all look like they are in "comfy corner" with no or little inspiration / guidance coming from those above them.

With the money they are on, most of us do not earn in a year what this mob earns in a month (or less)

They should be absolutely disgusted with themselves for continuing to serve up little effort, little skill and no end product.

Archived