IGNORED

Marvin Elliott & Lee Johnson

stephen

These two should not be in the team.

should of cashed in on marv when we had the chance and johnson should of followed his dad

How the hell have you come to that conclusion, it was blatantly obvious for all to see that Swansea were playing a 5 man midfield and we should have adapted our formation sooner, unfortunately KM didn't seem to feel it was needed until half time. When we did adapt it LJ saw more of the ball and we were pushing them back for 20 minutes or so. But sloppy defending at the back cost us from a basic corner routine.

How the hell have you come to that conclusion, it was blatantly obvious for all to see that Swansea were playing a 5 man midfield and we should have adapted our formation sooner, unfortunately KM didn't seem to feel it was needed until half time. When we did adapt it LJ saw more of the ball and we were pushing them back for 20 minutes or so. But sloppy defending at the back cost us from a basic corner routine.

he came to that coclusu=ion easily because marvin is not even half the player he was when wolves made a id for him and he was shocking last night his touch was poor and he seemed quite content to jog about 5 ft behind the swansea players and it was he same for LJ last night aswell he was chasing shadows most of the game and his passing as usual was either backwards or giving it straight back to them yes he made a few decent tackles(bout time he tackled sum1) but at this level LJ is certainly not good enough and never has been

"Their midfield three controlled the game and you could see our lads getting more and more frustrated as the game went on. It was no surprise when they took the lead, because it had been coming and we were fortunate to be only 1-0 down at half time." Said Keith after the match....

So what does that tell you Keith? Erm maybe our central midfield are a pile of shite and have been for far too long! So what should we do Keith? Invest in new players in this position or buy a left sided winger and another bloody striker. Muppet

And Pete1975 what with the constant defense of Lee 'out of my depth' Johnson even after he has a stinker? beyond suspicious! related? you've met him for 5 mins so now think he's your best mate?

What is it?

These two should not be in the team.

should of cashed in on marv when we had the chance and johnson should of followed his dad

Both were showned up for what they are Div 1 players at best no excuses Swansea played as my mate said they would and passed City off the pitch,,,,, a total lesson in how we were able to play at one time enjoyed watching a team actually play football and fashion goals through skill and alround team play................BCFC are possibly playing the worse standard of football given the resources and money available since i have followed them,no guts,Skill,Leadership,tactics, passion they are a bloody disgrace ....

Elliot wasn't great last night and his passing was at his worst, which really is bad! Put good passing is not why he's in the team and he has been our best midfielder by a country mile this season and some of the abuse he was getting was harsh. Considering Johnson is supposed to be the ball player he was worse, what exactly did he create? He's f ** king pointless, just like JCR is on the left and the sooner those two go the better. We need to rebuild using a good ball playing central midfielder and the correct footed winger on bth sides. Hopefully Woolford can become that.

You say pushing them back but that is flattering on us. We put some slight pressure on them for 10 minuted before they stopped messing about and got the second. That killed the game and they could go back to second gear again to see the game out. It was embarrassingly easy for them. Had we equalised they'd probably have just stepped it up again and gone back in front. You see LJ saw more of the ball but that didn't help us at all. Out of interest do you just think he should start for us in this abject squad or do you genuinely believe he's a good ball playing Championship midfiedler? I can understand the first, but if it's the latter I really am speechless.

he came to that coclusu=ion easily because marvin is not even half the player he was when wolves made a id for him and he was shocking last night his touch was poor and he seemed quite content to jog about 5 ft behind the swansea players and it was he same for LJ last night aswell he was chasing shadows most of the game and his passing as usual was either backwards or giving it straight back to them yes he made a few decent tackles(bout time he tackled sum1) but at this level LJ is certainly not good enough and never has been

Agree with most of that but Elliott with a decent player besides him who is willing to put a decent shift in is a different player.

Elliott was/is awful. I really don't understand the love in some of our fans have with him.

He can't pass, his positional sense is dreadful, he very rarely hits the target when he shoots but the worse has to be his control. He can't trap a ball, he needs 3 touches to bring it under control. This is basic stuff.

Ok he has lots of effort but running round like a headless chicken doesn't make him a good player, he's living on his first season performances. He either needs to sort his game out or leave in the summer.

Elliott was/is awful. I really don't understand the love in some of our fans have with him.

He can't pass, his positional sense is dreadful, he very rarely hits the target when he shoots but the worse has to be his control. He can't trap a ball, he needs 3 touches to bring it under control. This is basic stuff.

Ok he has lots of effort but running round like a headless chicken doesn't make him a good player, he's living on his first season performances. He either needs to sort his game out or leave in the summer.

All the things you've criticised him for aren't really why you'd have a pleyer like Marv in the team though! I thought he was readful last year and had grown very frustrated with him but this season he has been a lot better. His passing is woeful and obviously he's not a creative player but defensively he is very good and he gets about a lot, him alongside a good ball player would work well.

Both were showned up for what they are Div 1 players at best no excuses Swansea played as my mate said they would and passed City off the pitch,,,,, a total lesson in how we were able to play at one time enjoyed watching a team actually play football and fashion goals through skill and alround team play................BCFC are possibly playing the worse standard of football given the resources and money available since i have followed them,no guts,Skill,Leadership,tactics, passion they are a bloody disgrace ....

thats such a good point. never has so much been invested into the team with such a dire return, VFM is at an all time low. simply put we have no proper footballers at our club. people who are comfortable on teh ball and can actually get their head up and see whats going on around them and make the odd defence splitting pass. probably caulkjer is the closest thing we have, maybe we should play him in CM, but then we'd be even poorer at the back.

i feel for SL, but then he did appointment millen which IMO was knee jerk.

All the things you've criticised him for aren't really why you'd have a pleyer like Marv in the team though! I thought he was readful last year and had grown very frustrated with him but this season he has been a lot better. His passing is woeful and obviously he's not a creative player but defensively he is very good and he gets about a lot, him alongside a good ball player would work well.

I accept what your saying BUT I don't think his defensive qualities are that good, as I mentioned he's often out of position.

His role is surely to protect the defense and he doesn't do that, he doesn't break up play. To me he runs around a lot and gives away way to many freekicks usually for grabbing and climbing over the opposition.

When he came on, I actually thought Cisse was our best and most effective midfielder last night. First time I've seen him in that position. Picked a few passes out, won a few challenges but most importantly - kept making himself available. I'd play him and Elliott on Saturday.

Marv is good at what he does. Look at his workrate and effort during last nights game, nobody even came close. At least he puts in a shift and plays with some heart.

I am so sorry but marv has gotten worst and worst lee johnson should not be in the side play

I accept what your saying BUT I don't think his defensive qualities are that good, as I mentioned he's often out of position.

His role is surely to protect the defense and he doesn't do that, he doesn't break up play. To me he runs around a lot and gives away way to many freekicks usually for grabbing and climbing over the opposition.

Yeah I'm just going to have to disagree with you there as I actually think he puts in a lot of decent tackles and breaks up play well. This season has been a huge improvement on the previous 2 where Elliot's form is concerned and I'd be happy to have him in the team alongside a decent creative player. Unfortunately we don't have one of those!

Yeah I'm just going to have to disagree with you there as I actually think he puts in a lot of decent tackles and breaks up play well. This season has been a huge improvement on the previous 2 where Elliot's form is concerned and I'd be happy to have him in the team alongside a decent creative player. Unfortunately we don't have one of those!

He breaks up play superbly, the reason why he is labelled a headless chicken by some is the fact that he is trying to cover the gaps left by LJ lack of workrate and commitment.

He breaks up play superbly, the reason why he is labelled a headless chicken by some is the fact that he is trying to cover the gaps left by LJ lack of workrate and commitment.

Or possibly his own lack of positional awareness?

Marv stands 10 yards off of his player every time and countless times against swansea he was running back not picking any one of the 3 midfielders that were making forward runs, in all fairness nor was lee johnson. Marv's passing was terrible on Tuesday and to be fair he has been poor in 75% of the games that i have seen this season. He is still probably our best midfielder which shows how poor we are in that position.

Funny that, because for the last three seasons they've been playing in the Champioship. I also seem to recall Bradley Orr being labelled as a League 1 player???!

I do agree that our midfield aren't great, but they're more than capable of holding their own in this division, but we do need to invest in some better quality as it's apparent that LJ can't get stuck in and Elliott is forever trying to dig the ball out from beneath his feet.

Personally I thought Marvin was woeful on Tuesday, he just seemed to be jogging around not doing an awful lot, not getting any challenge in when he had the chance to get close and get a foot in, poor touch and poor passing. I don't know myself that all of that can be down to the fact that he was playing with LJ.

Marv stands 10 yards off of his player every time and countless times against swansea he was running back not picking any one of the 3 midfielders that were making forward runs, in all fairness nor was lee johnson. Marv's passing was terrible on Tuesday and to be fair he has been poor in 75% of the games that i have seen this season. He is still probably our best midfielder which shows how poor we are in that position.

I'd have agreed with this comment if it was based on last season and I would have been fine with him leaving in the summer after a terrible campaign. However this season he has started doing the things he does well again and I'd say he's played well in around 75% of the games this season! He was poor Tuesday night and his passing is poor but he has worked tirelessly all season with reward for the team. Skuse has been disappointing this season on the back of an excellent season and Johnson and Cisse have been poor. Therefore when Elliot doesn't play well our midfield is practically non-existant! He's far from perfect but I'd say he's been one of the best players this season along with Stead, Adomah and Caulker and he has played far better than any other central midfielder we possess.

I'd have agreed with this comment if it was based on last season and I would have been fine with him leaving in the summer after a terrible campaign. However this season he has started doing the things he does well again and I'd say he's played well in around 75% of the games this season! He was poor Tuesday night and his passing is poor but he has worked tirelessly all season with reward for the team. Skuse has been disappointing this season on the back of an excellent season and Johnson and Cisse have been poor. Therefore when Elliot doesn't play well our midfield is practically non-existant! He's far from perfect but I'd say he's been one of the best players this season along with Stead, Adomah and Caulker and he has played far better than any other central midfielder we possess.

Agree with you about Marv this season.

What was disappointing on Tuesday was how Pratley got the better of him compared to the away game at Swansea where Marv barely let him have a kick.

Agree with you about Marv this season.

What was disappointing on Tuesday was how Pratley got the better of him compared to the away game at Swansea where Marv barely let him have a kick.

What was Johnsons role in this or was it just Elliott that didnt get near Pratley.

What was Johnsons role in this or was it just Elliott that didnt get near Pratley.

You may have noticed that Johnson was shadowing their no. 27, Gower, all first half. Playing to instructions one assumes.

At Swansea it appeared that Marv was instructed to get on Pratley, which he did superbly as he wasn't a factor. For some reason it didn't happen tuesday.

You may have noticed that Johnson was shadowing their no. 27, Gower, all first half. Playing to instructions one assumes.

Good humour I think you missed ":laugh:" off the end of your post.

You what? Not joking?

So let me get this straight, you're saying that Millen's pre-match instructions to Elliott and Johnson were to man-mark the Swansea midfield?

And your'e also saying that Johnson snuffed Gower out of the game?

Send me your address I will buy you the DVD tell me how near Johnson gets to anyone in the first half.

Or we could just wait and see if anyone shares your view about Johnson "shadowing" anyone. Effing long shadow it was.

He shadows every effing game, it's what he does, it's ineffectual and pointless, it makes him look busy, it's nearly as annoying as his almost ritual mouthing off at the ref or even more embarrising his hard man routine against an opposing player who's usually about a foot taller and 4 stone heavier, it's pointless and makes him look a complete berk. If only he could channel this into making the odd tackle then at least he'd have that in his game, at the moment I'd prefer to play with a boring negative yet commited Cisse and Marv partnership.

Archived