IGNORED

£1.2m Was Bid For Bednar

SnozRobin

According to Sky Sports!

If we were looking to spend that kind of money, surely we could have found a creative midfielder/leader in the window?!

Jesus Christ!

If you read the article we had bid accepted. HE turned us down. They wanted to sell HE didnt want to come. Its as simple as that. We like to keep are dealings private, whose to say we didnt bid that much or more for half a dozen players and the same thing happened. If it gets out into the public it unsettles players at seller and buyers club. Look at Holloway and Adam at Blackpool.

This is the real world not football manager.

People moaning left right and centre that SL is not spending money, not looking for players, not making offers yet as Monday showed we have been looking, willing to spend and these are just a few of the ones we have heard about... but there again City fans are the most fickle whiniest fans you could possibly find. I would happily see a few thousand shaved of our attendance to get rid of the yoyo negative, iv'e played Championship manager and could do better - types.

Bullard may have come here on loan? Kranjcar doesn't play at Tottenham much, but would do a great job for us, perhaps Gera given his relative lack of game time at Fulham may have fancied half a season here?

Ha ha ha, Kranjcar! Please tell me you're kidding right?

If he was going on loan anywhere it would probably be to a Champs League or Europe League club over on the continent. Please don't try to influence people on here that this is a realistic target. Absolutely laughable.

Gera has been involved in all but 2 of Fulhams 24 league games this season. So please don't pull the wool over anyone's eyes on that one either.

Bullard has gone to Ipswich who for some reason must be willing to pay his extortionate wage. I wouldn't have been happy paying upwards of £25k per week for this injury ravaged buffoon. You know he's only managed 8 games this season, yeah? You know our track record with injuries to expensive loan signings, yeah?

Come back with some realistic targets and then perhaps we can have a sensible conversation.

Ha ha ha, Kranjcar! Please tell me you're kidding right?

If he was going on loan anywhere it would probably be to a Champs League or Europe League club over on the continent. Please don't try to influence people on here that this is a realistic target. Absolutely laughable.

Gera has been involved in all but 2 of Fulhams 24 league games this season. So please don't pull the wool over anyone's eyes on that one either.

Bullard has gone to Ipswich who for some reason must be willing to pay his extortionate wage. I wouldn't have been happy paying upwards of £25k per week for this injury ravaged buffoon. You know he's only managed 8 games this season, yeah? You know our track record with injuries to expensive loan signings, yeah?

Come back with some realistic targets and then perhaps we can have a sensible conversation.

I read that Gera is unhappy at his lack of game time. Cardiff got Bellamy after all. Maybe not so realistic with the two PL options, but Bullard I dunno he has gone to Ipswich and scored on debut- worth it if fit for sure. As for Kranjcar, perhaps the least realistic of the 3 but he has not played much and we do have a good relationship with Tottenham (Rose and Caulker). Perhaps pie in the sky in all 3 cases but you never know unless 100% ruled out.

People moaning left right and centre that SL is not spending money, not looking for players, not making offers yet as Monday showed we have been looking, willing to spend and these are just a few of the ones

we have heard about... but there again City fans are the most fickle whiniest fans you could possibly find. I would happily see a few thousand shaved of our attendance to get rid of the yoyo negative, iv'e played

Championship manager and could do better - types.

Spot on fella.

Bullard may have come here on loan? Kranjcar doesn't play at Tottenham much, but would do a great job for us, perhaps Gera given his relative lack of game time at Fulham may have fancied half a season here?

Kranjcar.....SERIOUSLY

Are some people on here totally deluded

Linked with Liverpool, Werder Bremen, Fulham and Chelsea for fees from £6-£8m!

Jesus Christ ive seen it all now

Kranjcar.....SERIOUSLY

Are some people on here totally deluded

Linked with Liverpool, Werder Bremen, Fulham and Chelsea for fees from £6-£8m!

Jesus Christ ive seen it all now

Oh I see, you're very quick to mock the ideas of others and yet look at your suggestion.

Jesus Christ - Firstly he is dead and secondly he was more of a centre-forward battering ram type.

Gordon Bennett I give up.

Oh I see, you're very quick to mock the ideas of others and yet look at your suggestion.

Jesus Christ - Firstly he is dead and secondly he was more of a centre-forward battering ram type.

Well, actually, in my opinion, Jesus Christ is very much alive!

'Always Believe'

I think you'll find Jesus Christ was not a striker, played all his career in goal.

Jesus Saves.......

And Maynard nets the rebound.

:dancing6:

I read that Gera is unhappy at his lack of game time. Cardiff got Bellamy after all. Maybe not so realistic with the two PL options, but Bullard I dunno he has gone to Ipswich and scored on debut- worth it if fit for sure. As for Kranjcar, perhaps the least realistic of the 3 but he has not played much and we do have a good relationship with Tottenham (Rose and Caulker). Perhaps pie in the sky in all 3 cases but you never know unless 100% ruled out.

Sorry matey, but Bellamy went to Cardiff for 3 reasons. 1) It's his boyhood club. 2) he wasn't in Man City's 25 man squad and they didn't want him loaned out to another Prem team. 3) Cardiff were willing to pay some substantial portion of his wages.

Bullard has gone to Ipswich who will also be paying a substantial portion of his wages.

Gera is unlikely to want to come to Bristol City when he's played 22 of 24 Premier League games for his club. If he's gonna be loaned out anywhere, it'll either be to another Prem Club, a top end Championship club or abroad.

Kranjcar - mate, absolutely no chance. We may very well have a decent relationship with Spurs, but seriously, please, no chance. There was probably more chance of Redknapp making a last minute transfer window scoop for Nicky Hunt!!!

I would quite confidently say that all 3 can be ruled out.

Here's an example of some of the names I'd have thought were more realistic targets :

Left Backs

Joe Mills - Been on loan at Doncaster from Southampton and had his loan extended til the end of the season - Could have been worth trying to get in on that one.

Joe Mattock - Frozen out at West Brom and made a loan switch to Sheff Utd in Jan. Could have been a realistic target.

Tommy Spurr - Would love to get this guy off of Sheff Weds. Def worth a cheeky bid.

Van Aanholt or Bertrand from Chelsea - Rumours were that we did go for one of these guys but the loan fee was too high.

Dean Lewington - Still mucking around at MK Dons, he's playing below his level.

Midfielders

Giles Barnes - Not getting much action at West Brom and lots of faces in front of him. Loan switch could have suited both parties.

Keith Andrews - Might have worth a loan shout since he's not featured for Blackburn all season - test the water, does their new boss fancy him, particularly after bringing in 2 other midfielders?

Test the water at Villa - Do they want Fabian Delph or Jon Hogg for the rest of the season? Short term loan deals perhaps? Houllier has also signed more midfielders so will these guys be frozen out for the rest of the year?

Ryan Harley should certainly have been one we could have tried to tempt back, unfortunately Swansea got there, which is a shame, cuz he will make it at this level.

I'd suggest these are much more realistic players to suggest we could have gone for, certainly not the types you've mentioned.

Archived