IGNORED

Formations

grifty

Right no moaning allowed here.

With the players we have available, what formations would like to see played?

.................................James

.............Carey.......Caulker............Fontaine

.......................Elliot .............Cisse

Adomah................. Me .................Woolfood

................Pittman ............Keogh

OK, the 'me' bit is a bit optimistic..., but with this formation you've basically got 5 defending and 5 attacking at least when you need to. Cisse and Elliot can concentrate on shielding the back 3 and not have to bomb forward all the time. They have enough energy to cover the wings if a threat comes from there. Carey can lead the back two, and along with Fontaine can deal with any ariel threats while Caulker can do everything else (pick it up from James, etc)

We keep the natural wide men, and their ability to cross helps Pittman, while also Keogh can drop off the defence and help me out with some intricate passing before I smack one in from 35 yards. If we get under the cosh, Adomah and Woolford can always drop back and help out. Obviously for the time being I could be swapped with Johnson or Woolford and put Rose on the left. The rest of the squad maybe bar McAllister and Hunt fir into this formation. Sproule, Ribs, Skuse, Stead, Maynard, Stewart, JCR, Nyatanga so we have depth in all the positions!

With the players we have at present, it has to be a 5 man midfield as our central midfield players are not technically good enough to play in a 442.

BCAGFC

Given we don't have wingbacks though,

a 3-5-2 would be possible if; when defending, the two Defensive CM's dropped deep with, using the suggested 3 at the back, fonts and carey going wide

or with the limited options up front we've got due to injuries, a 4-5-1 not a 4-4-1-1 3 CM's covering each other and swamping the midfield german style with Albert and Wooley working their socks off on the wings.

Keogh came for games though and I can't see him doing the job up top on his own, he layed the ball off well and knew how to hold it up just didn't get adequate support until the final 5 minutes, could pitman do it?

With the players we have at present, it has to be a 5 man midfield as our central midfield players are not technically good enough to play in a 442.

BCAGFC

Nail, head. Have thought this for ages but couldn't quite identify the exact issue.

Anyway, maybe something like:

James

Riberio Caulker Carey Mcallister

Skuse

Adomah Johnson Rose

Woolford

Keogh/Pitman/Maynard

4-1-3-1-1. Skuse; to hold and tackle in front of the back 4. Adomah on the wing, Johnson to pass a bit and Rose on the other side. Defensively speaking, Rose and Adomah need to track back and cut inside where necessary. Woolford in a free role and support the lone striker- but also to do his defensive duty, be it pressing the ball or dropping into midfield to assist them.

4 - 4 - 2

when all are fit

James

Ribiero

Caulker

Fontaine

McCallister

Adomah

Cisse

Elliot

Woolford

Stead

Maynard

Look at that team. it look good to me, two people in the middle who can tackle, break up play and make passes out wide, then frm there lots of creativity on BOTH flanks instead of only one being effective resulting in the player being isolated. Get the balls into two vry good strikers who have the quality to finish things off and then o course nicky who has a few wondergoals up his sleeve the past woul suggest. Anyway, a balanced team where ever player is played to their strengths, everyone knows their jobs and the tactics ae positive. PLAY WIDE

For the moment

James

Carey

Caulker

Fontaine

McCallister

Adomah

Cisse

Elliot

Woolford

Pitman

Keogh

4 - 4 - 2

when all are fit

James

Ribiero

Caulker

Fontaine

McCallister

Adomah

Cisse

Elliot

Woolford

Stead

Maynard

Look at that team. it look good to me, two people in the middle who can tackle, break up play and make passes out wide, then frm there lots of creativity on BOTH flanks instead of only one being effective resulting in the player being isolated. Get the balls into two vry good strikers who have the quality to finish things off and then o course nicky who has a few wondergoals up his sleeve the past woul suggest. Anyway, a balanced team where ever player is played to their strengths, everyone knows their jobs and the tactics ae positive. PLAY WIDE

For the moment

James

Carey

Caulker

Fontaine

McCallister

Adomah

Cisse

Elliot

Woolford

Pitman

Keogh

Agree 100%.

Problem with the first team is it said when Ribeiro is fit........

I'd like to see your second side play on Saturday and injuries permitting remain until hopefully NM returns..

Agree 100%.

Problem with the first team is it said when Ribeiro is fit........

I'd like to see your second side play on Saturday and injuries permitting remain until hopefully NM returns..

Agreed as well. As Millen says we're in s scrap and we 100% cannot lose on sat. As a result of that i think cisse and elliott in the middle to win the ball and hopefully boss the midfield. I agree with the first team line-up and provisional for now.

Hoping Maynard will be back in a couple of weeks. Don't expect him to make preston or leeds but maybe the game after that, whoever its against???

4-4-2 is no good against a team like Swansea, the first half proved that on Tuesday night (and so did Cardiff last season). It leaves the two central midfielders completely exposed. We looked far better when we went to 4-3-3- in the second half.

No, i agree with you. I was more quoting Mike bassett Englasnd manager for my own chuckles.

I think 4-4-2 was the wrong move against swansea as they pack the midfield. We looked a lot better second half when we matched them with 3 central midfielders and 1 up top with support frpom the wings. I wonder whether we should try the 3-5-2 again at some point as well?

Having said that, against preston i think we should go 4-4-2 with cisse and elliot scrapping in the middle and loooking to use albert and woolford to support the front men.

Archived