IGNORED

Gavin Williams

citylad05

I must admit little up set that we let Williams go for nothing and a bit more upset that he has signed for the GAS! Whats he doing sadly we didnt give him a chance but i personally think he better than a struggling team in league 1 same for that Gary Sawyer i was really impressed with him and to be honest i think he'd be our left back now if he waited just a little longer! what goes through there heads to join that awful Bristol Rovers i sooner sign for Brislington or Clevedon! Rant Over :laugh:

I must admit little up set that we let Williams go for nothing and a bit more upset that he has signed for the GAS! Whats he doing sadly we didnt give him a chance but i personally think he better than a struggling team in league 1 same for that Gary Sawyer i was really impressed with him and to be honest i think he'd be our left back now if he waited just a little longer! what goes through there heads to join that awful Bristol Rovers i sooner sign for Brislington or Clevedon! Rant Over :laugh:

Did Gary Sawyer actually play for us ? Anyway, sounds like he's having a great season with Rovers.

If you read any of the articles its obvious why he joined Rovers.

He is around the 30 mark so unlikely to be playing for many more years and is currently settled in Bristol with his family in south wales. Even going to the likes of Yeovil is another hour added on to any travelling either to train if he doesn't move or back the other way if he does.

You get the feeling we tried to move him on and either nobody would pay a fee or whoever was in for him the deal fell through so the fact he was willing to rip up his contract and walk away also shows some character. He could have stayed on our wage bill and done and Akinde and gone on loan but he was willing to probably take a large wage cut now for the sake of finding a permanent move so you can't knock the bloke.

The way things are going he's only contracted until the summer and if they go down will probably go free agent and then move to another L1 club so you can't blame him for wanting to see out this season without all the drama of moving.

oh for goodness sake get over it. Williams hasn't been in with a shout of the forst team for years. Yes his type of play is creative but he's clearly not good enough at this level. get over the fact that he's gone. He's been 'available' for the last year and a half at least a no other clubs in the championship have come in for him.

Millen and Johnson never liked Williams because he could create chances bit like Noble

I think you should look at the stats, Noble had 3 assists in 2 seasons, he is a waster.

To the guy who mentioned Sawyer I think you read what gas fans think about him it's very uncomplimentary.

Williams is injury prone and never fit enough.

I think you should look at the stats, Noble had 3 assists in 2 seasons, he is a waster.

To the guy who mentioned Sawyer I think you read what gas fans think about him it's very uncomplimentary.

It's not all about assists. It is creating the play for either the wingers or strikers..

When Noble played in the team behind the frontman we played better, FACT

Archived