IGNORED

Idiots

Sydneybcfc

So i like to have a read of the forum now and again especially this season with all the hype over signings both preseason with Coppell then again in the January window.

Whilst i fully agree with people have the right to gripe especially if they are paying to go and watch it the attitudes of some of the fans however disappointed is quite honestly idiotic.

Its the same old story on here with one minute the same people praising whats going with transfers and results on who the following week after a loss against one of the arguably best sides in the league are then spouting the same old manager out and chairmans an idiot rubbish. If people want to bring something to the forum at least have a reasoned argument and a solution thats realistic!

Some fans have this over passionate belief that we are some huge fashionable club with unlimited money and can attract any player/manager we want! Reality is we aren't and will not be that anytime soon. We have flattered to deceive in the past 3 seasons but are finally being found out and it turns out that going up a league is more difficult than it looks long term!

So back to the current situation.....

I haven't watched them this season due to being on the other side of the world but effectively we have the same problems we have had since we came up. We still go AWOL in defence and get beaten heavily at times. It happened all the way through the playoff final season and its still happening now. I have no solution for this but the next game the back line of Macallister, Fontaine, Caulkner and Carey if all fit is at least something like the settled defence that was playing during our good run before Christmas. We all know the squad as a whole isn't good enough and this has been shown as there is nobody ready to fill positions of injured players without causing major problems at the back.

With the midfield people are again cursing the lack of creativity and i agree its missing from any of our central midfielders however the other glaringly obvious problem of no left sided player was back as an issue. People are saying Albert has become ineffective and well its no real surprise. Without an natural outlet on the left we have no doubt gone back to the kind of play i used to watch in the Scott Murry days when we also had no real left sided attacking clout! While playing long ball down the right channel for the super fast murray may have worked in L1 against slow players having only 1 outlet is never going to work in the championship. I'm too lazy to look but i would again expect that our good patch coincided with Rose starting most of those games and despite him maybe not being the most attacking giving us at least some natural width. Woolford, Elliot, Johnson (as it appears skuse is out for a couple) and adomah is not the worst looking midfield in the league and with the attacking ability of woodford should at least give us 2 outlets and keep the opposition defence guessing.

Attack wise i think we are all in agreement the 5 we have when all fit can do a job so its more a case of getting players back in the side providing competition for places and cover.

I hope i'm wrong but other than low confidence and poor backup players the team that will hopefully go out against preston can do a good job. We can stay up but people need to get behind the team and not spend the entire time moaning about what could/should have been.

Well said Sydney, someone talking sense on this forum!

Once we get Rose back he can play in the central role with Skuse or Elliot. Adomah and Woolford giving width.

Stead and Maynard are massive losses, imagine them playing up front at the moment.

If KM was able to play his strongest and best side we would have no worries.

Unfortunately due to injuries he hasn't once been able to pick his best side.

theres a lack of fight and work rate which is unforgivable. the fans who moan have every right to. we have been destroyed on own patch and gone down with a wimper so many times in the last 12 months its simply pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is spot on. We have been humiliated at home under all 3 managers. All those performances have shown a basic lack of backbone and leadership on the pitch.

In midfield, rather than wanting a 'creative' type we need a player like Shaun Derry or Lee Carsley. Someone who sits slap bang in front of the centre halves and keeps it simple, bosses our front 6 and ensures the back four has some adequate protection. In theory Cisse is this kind of player but has a weak personality. Johnson has the personality but not the physique. Mix those 2 up and you'd get one international player and a bloke who'd struggle to play in the 4th division on the Downs! Elliott and Skuse are 'bits and pieces' players. If we are going down the route of 2 proper wingers and 4-4-2, then this kind of player is mandatory, with a more attack minded creative player next to him. If we'd had Carsley centre mid last night, he would have sorted out their number 37 within 10 minutes. Johnson and Elliott were inert. Anyone who has ever played the game at any level knows the manager just sets the team up and once the players are on the pitch it is up to them to deal with problems and find a solutions. Successful teams have strong leadership in central midfield and centre half. Our only leaders are right back and goalkeeper.

theres a lack of fight and work rate which is unforgivable. the fans who moan have every right to. we have been destroyed on own patch and gone down with a wimper so many times in the last 12 months its simply pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, 12 months ago we were destroyed 0-6 by Cardiff and we've been destroyed many times since. The common denominator is not the managers - we've had 3 in that time - but certain players.

That is spot on. We have been humiliated at home under all 3 managers. All those performances have shown a basic lack of backbone and leadership on the pitch.

1st period of 2nd half is the least we need to expect if we don't have any other option/quality/tactic. But I do agree with the OP. If we make it through this year we need to have a big clear out and get some quality in key areas. Danny Rose in the Centre? No.

Oh well, nice to dream. Can't blame people on here for blowing hot and cold tho can you? :-)

We still go AWOL in defence and get beaten heavily at times. It happened all the way through the playoff final season

No it didn't, we got stuffed once all that season (Ipswich I think), one of the best defences in the league that year.

Rest is all true unfortunately :crying:

No as above i wasn't there last night and haven't watched city since Birmingham away 2 years ago the last time i was in the UK and i'm sure all the reports of a gutless performance is correct. You can call it gutless you can call it a lack of confidence or whatever but simply we haven't had a stable team mostly due to injury all season and that in itself brings a lack of confidence especially with players out of position covering unfamiliar roles. Being too lazy to research but during our good patch i don't remember the team changing very much.

I did say people who go to the game above all have a right to complain but my point was some of the rubbish that gets posted is so blinkered and without logical thought it absolutely bewilders me. In fact it reminds me of my friend over here thats a Cardiff fan, he is so overly biased towards his view of how amazing Cardiff are/should be he fails to grasp the bigger picture of the reality thats going on.

There is no magic fix but thankfully Millen seems to be signing players that have all seemed to be part of a greater plan and that hes been after for a while and fill holes in our team, People who whine about no new central mid are dreaming if they think people weren't working hard behind the scenes to make that happen. Reality is we are a small club with a reputation only a bit bigger than s****horpe who mostly signs players from lower leagues as we struggle to attract bigger names and we can't afford them. The club is a business and until we get one of these asian billionaires it will carry on being run as a business with limits and internal policy which in my mind is how the whole league including the Premier League should be run.

Realistically as people keep saying we have a lot of dead wood to shift and a lot of new blood to bring in but thats not going to happen over night, its no coincidence all our back up players are going on loan/transfers to L1 and below and then they get into the team people wonder why they don't cut it at championship level.

p.s. according to the official site we lost 3-0 to barnsley 6-0 to ipswich and 4-1 to WBA in the playoff season but agreed its been getting worse.

You haven't watched city this season so you have no idea how bad it is,

When you go 45 minutes touching the ball about 3 times while letting players walk past you without even making an attempt at a tackle then your going to vent your anger,

City have not been good enough now for a long time this is a squad of players that Millen has brought in or had a hand in bringing them in so saying he needs a chance to rebuild the squad is rubbish he helped sign the flipping players,

We needed a left back now for 2 seasons a strong centre midfielder for 3 a commanding centre back for 3 a captian for 5.

If millen couldn't identify this when he was assistant then he isn't going to sort it as manager, I'm sorry we have a squad which should be midtable we have no leadership on or off the pitch we have no direction and whats worse no idea,

I can be critical of Lansdown as well but I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me,

I think if we don't get a win against preston then he will have to leave the football is worse then Johnson the players are not playing for him there is no heart or leadership

not good enough for this club

You haven't watched city this season so you have no idea how bad it is,

When you go 45 minutes touching the ball about 3 times while letting players walk past you without even making an attempt at a tackle then your going to vent your anger,

City have not been good enough now for a long time this is a squad of players that Millen has brought in or had a hand in bringing them in so saying he needs a chance to rebuild the squad is rubbish he helped sign the flipping players,

We needed a left back now for 2 seasons a strong centre midfielder for 3 a commanding centre back for 3 a captian for 5.

If millen couldn't identify this when he was assistant then he isn't going to sort it as manager, I'm sorry we have a squad which should be midtable we have no leadership on or off the pitch we have no direction and whats worse no idea,

I can be critical of Lansdown as well but I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me,

I think if we don't get a win against preston then he will have to leave the football is worse then Johnson the players are not playing for him there is no heart or leadership

not good enough for this club

exactly right. It still makes me laugh how people say he needs time to build his own squad. Hes been involved with this club for how long now?? as coach and assistant etc. Do people not realise that an assistant manager has plenty of input, all be it that its the manager who has the final say. Millen was part of the GJ era, an era where we ran out of ideas, and were heading backwards.

If Millen really has the answers, then why the hell didnt he do more when GJ was here? why didnt they work as a team and get the best out of certain individuals.

Millen is a poor coach, and a poor manager. How can people say we have improved this season? we've got ten times worse. Johnson had to go when he did, but dont forget just before the Cardiff 6-0 trouncing....we had gone nearly 12 months at home without a loss, then we lost to Sheff Utd. Why? because we were difficult to beat. Under Millen, we are gutless, have no fight in us, and completely unorganised. Ive not seen a City team roll over as much as this one since the 1998 season!

So i like to have a read of the forum now and again especially this season with all the hype over signings both preseason with Coppell then again in the January window.

Whilst i fully agree with people have the right to gripe especially if they are paying to go and watch it the attitudes of some of the fans however disappointed is quite honestly idiotic.

Its the same old story on here with one minute the same people praising whats going with transfers and results on who the following week after a loss against one of the arguably best sides in the league are then spouting the same old manager out and chairmans an idiot rubbish. If people want to bring something to the forum at least have a reasoned argument and a solution thats realistic!

Some fans have this over passionate belief that we are some huge fashionable club with unlimited money and can attract any player/manager we want! Reality is we aren't and will not be that anytime soon. We have flattered to deceive in the past 3 seasons but are finally being found out and it turns out that going up a league is more difficult than it looks long term!

So back to the current situation.....

I haven't watched them this season due to being on the other side of the world but effectively we have the same problems we have had since we came up. We still go AWOL in defence and get beaten heavily at times. It happened all the way through the playoff final season and its still happening now. I have no solution for this but the next game the back line of Macallister, Fontaine, Caulkner and Carey if all fit is at least something like the settled defence that was playing during our good run before Christmas. We all know the squad as a whole isn't good enough and this has been shown as there is nobody ready to fill positions of injured players without causing major problems at the back.

With the midfield people are again cursing the lack of creativity and i agree its missing from any of our central midfielders however the other glaringly obvious problem of no left sided player was back as an issue. People are saying Albert has become ineffective and well its no real surprise. Without an natural outlet on the left we have no doubt gone back to the kind of play i used to watch in the Scott Murry days when we also had no real left sided attacking clout! While playing long ball down the right channel for the super fast murray may have worked in L1 against slow players having only 1 outlet is never going to work in the championship. I'm too lazy to look but i would again expect that our good patch coincided with Rose starting most of those games and despite him maybe not being the most attacking giving us at least some natural width. Woolford, Elliot, Johnson (as it appears skuse is out for a couple) and adomah is not the worst looking midfield in the league and with the attacking ability of woodford should at least give us 2 outlets and keep the opposition defence guessing.

Attack wise i think we are all in agreement the 5 we have when all fit can do a job so its more a case of getting players back in the side providing competition for places and cover.

I hope i'm wrong but other than low confidence and poor backup players the team that will hopefully go out against preston can do a good job. We can stay up but people need to get behind the team and not spend the entire time moaning about what could/should have been.

Good to hear your views Sydney...to be honest if the last game you last saw was Brum away a couple of years ago (and I was there) you'll have no idea how bad things have become. On occasions we simply don't compete.

I'm a critical poster at the moment...critical of the current regime. As are a number of people on here. The fact that we're critical doesn't mean we're knee jerk or lacking in constructive observations. The club needs to learn from a very poor year. Lansdown needs better support, better advice...and so on and so on...it's all been written on here.

There's no evidence that anyone in the club is listening.

Many people on here are optimistic and have believed for months that things will turn around. Can't see it myself.

Good that you share that optimism, but don't believe that people with a critique of the way the club is run are idiots.

• Admin

It amazes me, after so many passionless, clueless, heartless perfomances this season.. how people can still carry on about positives in the side.

Game after game we have been crying out for a leader on the pitch !, there's no spine to the side and very unbalanced width at the moment.

Yes we had good results against Cardiff and QPR recently, but counter act that with the Sheff Wed and M'Boro matches suddenly things are not all that rosy !

Archived