IGNORED

The Wanton Destruction Of Wedlocks Pub...

Mr Mosquito

I can't help but think that since the wanton destruction of Billy Wedlock's pub on Ashton Road that this football club has had very little luck since. Poor performances at home even under 3 different managers, problems getting a new ground and selling the old one, and spiralling club debt.

I can now officially confirm that this club achieved very little during the entire duration of the Wedlocks existence. Panic over

We were in the top flight of English football for a total of 9 seasons during the existence of the Wedlock's Pub and we reached an FA Cup final - that's far more than any other West Country football club has ever achieved.

How many years was the Wedlocks standing?

Didn't they extend Asda at Cribbs around the same time? Maybe that was the reason. Come to think of it, this was also around the time the Millenium Dome became the O2 Arena. I'm not sure what we can do to reverse all these variables. Answers on a postcard :P

Let's hope the destruction of the Pub will not prove to be in the same class as the "Gypsy Curse" which, supposedly, has afflicted Birmingham City ever since they forceably evicted a Romany family when establishing their ground at St Andrews.

Or KM will have to do a Barry Fry & pee in each corner of the ground to lift the curse..... make a change from peeing into the wind though I guess! :)

Or KM will have to do a Barry Fry & pee in each corner of the ground to lift the curse..... make a change from peeing into the wind though I guess! :)

Yes, but if KM was was piddling in the corner and a strong wind carried the piss onto your seat you wouldn't be very happy would you?

Especially if you were sitting in it at the time.

I wouldn't stand for it.......... well, actually I would, and very quickly.gaah.gif

As for the destruction of The Wedlocks - just a bloody disgrace, must have been Rovers fans in the bulldozers, surely no fan of Bristol City could have involved in that barbaric act..no.gif

Archived