IGNORED

Cisse

yardy

I think its about time cisse got given a run in centre midfield,he always seems to do a good job when he comes on as sub and even when he had a run at centre back he looked decent.

I havent been impressed with any of our centre midfielders this season,marv looks slow and tired,skuse never commands the midfield and johnson seems to get over run most games.

im a big fan of marv but i think its about time he needs a rest,so give cisse a run and as a previous post maybe try clarkson in a 5 man midfield(not sure clarkson game would suit a 4-4-2 formation)

what are your thoughts about cisse?

I think its about time cisse got given a run in centre midfield,he always seems to do a good job when he comes on as sub and even when he had a run at centre back he looked decent.

I havent been impressed with any of our centre midfielders this season,marv looks slow and tired,skuse never commands the midfield and johnson seems to get over run most games.

im a big fan of marv but i think its about time he needs a rest,so give cisse a run and as a previous post maybe try clarkson in a 5 man midfield(not sure clarkson game would suit a 4-4-2 formation)

It's possibly worth a shout and I wanted to see this a month or two again but recently I have been really un-impressed with Cisse. I know he's been playing in defence but it's the basic things that he doesn't even seem to be able to grasp. His first touch is appalling and his passing is possibly worse than Elliot's, which is strange as he played for Reading under Coppell. He's looked like a very poor player lately, a very poor player.

It's possibly worth a shout and I wanted to see this a month or two again but recently I have been really un-impressed with Cisse. I know he's been playing in defence but it's the basic things that he doesn't even seem to be able to grasp. His first touch is appalling and his passing is possibly worse than Elliot's, which is strange as he played for Reading under Coppell. He's looked like a very poor player lately, a very poor player.

Can only agree, his performance against M'boro was was woeful, not for the OG but he continually gave the ball away in dangerous areas.

I've seen nothing that suggests he has any creativity or a pass in him, as a midfielder he's a very defensive type and nowhere near as good as Elliott (who has his own limitations). KM agrees because he never starts him unless he has to due to injuries

A waste of £600K IMO.

The situation now is that the first team is playing so poorly that players out of the side get focused on by fans in some vain hope they are better that the first 11. They're not.

We've had calls for Clarkson to start in MF, Cisse in MF, no doubt there will be calls for Akinde to be given (another) chance along with Sproule, and every now and then someone pops up and says Give Hunt a chance, he must be good he came from Bolton - well so did Peter Kay and I would put him and Hunt roughly equal to terms of football ability and comedy value (Hunt being the one having the laugh).

CR

undecided. Think it's worth a go as we all know LJ/Marv means you stand a strong chance of conceding alot of goals.

Cisse has been mixed. In defence - shocking, midfield - reasonably solid and not done much wrong, he was the pick of the central midfielders on tuesday, not that it was tough to be.

Cisse by his own admission at reading said on a number of occasions that he never felt comfortable at Centre half and it's shown, can he do a job in midfield, worth a go, can't be worse than LJ, but is Preston a game we risk it?........PASS

Cisse looks like he cant pass a ball - he has reminded me of jamie mccombe when he's been playing centre back.

I know he was signed as a midfielder, but I havent seen anything to suggest he is.

Totally agree with Donald about Cisse. When he came off the bench on Tuesday at least he made himself available and kept possession.

As for Hunt - it's baffling. Not only has he played numerous games for Bolton, he also had a 2 month loan spell in birminghams promotion season in which according to my mate, he was solid and looked a good player at that level. His confidence must be shot to bits - I don't believe he is as bad a player as we have seen, same goes for Stewart. It's astounding what happens to these "proven" players when they sign for us!!!

Scary - I have suggested having Akinde on the bench! Purely based on the fact that a big lump might actually offer something different. Things really are bad, potential 'saviours' are Williams, Johnson, Cisse, Akinde, Clarkson. When Nyatanga and Hunt get mentions, we're doomed.

Cisse looks like he cant pass a ball - he has reminded me of jamie mccombe when he's been playing centre back.

I know he was signed as a midfielder, but I havent seen anything to suggest he is.

He was a country mile ahead of johnson on tuesday and hardly put a foot wrong. He deserves a start at preston.

As long as Stewart isn't, I'm happy!!!

Re. your earlier baffled comment about Hunt, what's also baffling is how Stewart can play so well against Palace & Forest then turn in a display like Tuesday, similarly with Cisse, he had a couple of great games in the back four then was abject against Boro.

This whole season has been baffling.

Re. your earlier baffled comment about Hunt, what's also baffling is how Stewart can play so well against Palace & Forest then turn in a display like Tuesday, similarly with Cisse, he had a couple of great games in the back four then was abject against Boro.

This whole season has been baffling.

stewart wasnt good tuesday but i dont think either he or caulker were helped by the midfield who allowed swansea to run straight through them. i think if stewart maybe loses a few pounds and gets his fitness up i think he could be a good player for us. he was qpr player of the season 2 years ago and has been short of confidence since his skull injury

stewart wasnt good tuesday but i dont think either he or caulker were helped by the midfield who allowed swansea to run straight through them. i think if stewart maybe loses a few pounds and gets his fitness up i think he could be a good player for us. he was qpr player of the season 2 years ago and has been short of confidence since his skull injury

Agree, he's a proven championship player, that's what makes his inconsistency so frustrating ! I wasn't aware of a serious head injury, maybe there's something in that, didn't Torpey never really recover after his bad one at Grimsby ?

Agree, he's a proven championship player, that's what makes his inconsistency so frustrating ! I wasn't aware of a serious head injury, maybe there's something in that, didn't Torpey never really recover after his bad one at Grimsby ?

i swear he fractured his skull around the same time he won player of the year for qpr

Archived