IGNORED

Centre Midfield

hinsleburg

how did elliot and cisse play in the middle today, pleasantly suprised to see cisse playing in centre midfield.

also how did wooly play and where did he play throughout the game?

Just got back and I am absolutely delighted. The second half was some of the best football I've ever seen us play!

The first half was much the same as in previous weeks, other than we got the early goal. After Keogh scored we failed to control the half and didn't have too much possession. Preston had a few chances, one or two of which were decent and were probably just about the better side. 1-1 at half-time would have been fair and it looked, somewhat worryingly, as if we were trying to see out our one goal lead. However the second half was an entirely different story.

I don't know if Adomah was injured or if this was a superb tactical decision but my god what a change! When Pitman came on for Albert I was unsure of how the system would work but work it did! Cisse was magnificent and controlled the game brilliantly while Clarkson absolutely shone in the middle of the park. Woolford and Pitman found endless space out wide and Clarkson picked them out time and time again with some really superb passing. Woolford showed promise in the first-half without touching the ball too much but in the second half he looked a real class act. Great first touch, good awareness and played well on both sides. Makes a nice change from havign a headless chicken out wide and what a difference a genuine left-footer made! Clarkson's first goal was a superb flowing move and after we scored the third we were passing the ball incredibly well. Pitman, Keogh and Woolford made a string of good runs and Clarkson, somewhat revitalised in his new role, continued to pick them out. We scored three goals and could easily have had three more with Pitman missing a few chances and Keogh going close again.

It was genuinely thrilling to watch and I could not believe how well that system worked. Don't get me wrong Preston were terrible and Clarkson was gifted far more space than you'd imagine he'd normally have. It's always been obvious he has talent he's just so weak and slow that playing up front for us in this league you wonder how many chances he'll have to show off that talent! I'm hoping Millen has the courage to play the eleven that played the second half next Saturday against Leeds and if it doesn't come off again I sure as hell won't crticise him for doing it.

That's the best half of football I've seen in a long time and I'm f ** king ecstatic I was at Deepdale today!

Just got back and I am absolutely delighted. The second half was some of the best football I've ever seen us play!

The first half was much the same as in previous weeks, other than we got the early goal. After Keogh scored we failed to control the half and didn't have too much possession. Preston had a few chances, one or two of which were decent and were probably just about the better side. 1-1 at half-time would have been fair and it looked, somewhat worryingly, as if we were trying to see out our one goal lead. However the second half was an entirely different story.

I don't know if Adomah was injured or if this was a superb tactical decision but my god what a change! When Pitman came on for Albert I was unsure of how the system would work but work it did! Cisse was magnificent and controlled the game brilliantly while Clarkson absolutely shone in the middle of the park. Woolford and Pitman found endless space out wide and Clarkson picked them out time and time again with some really superb passing. Woolford showed promise in the first-half without touching the ball too much but in the second half he looked a real class act. Great first touch, good awareness and played well on both sides. Makes a nice change from havign a headless chicken out wide and what a difference a genuine left-footer made! Clarkson's first goal was a superb flowing move and after we scored the third we were passing the ball incredibly well. Pitman, Keogh and Woolford made a string of good runs and Clarkson, somewhat revitalised in his new role, continued to pick them out. We scored three goals and could easily have had three more with Pitman missing a few chances and Keogh going close again.

It was genuinely thrilling to watch and I could not believe how well that system worked. Don't get me wrong Preston were terrible and Clarkson was gifted far more space than you'd imagine he'd normally have. It's always been obvious he has talent he's just so weak and slow that playing up front for us in this league you wonder how many chances he'll have to show off that talent! I'm hoping Millen has the courage to play the eleven that played the second half next Saturday against Leeds and if it doesn't come off again I sure as hell won't crticise him for doing it.

That's the best half of football I've seen in a long time and I'm f ** king ecstatic I was at Deepdale today!

The most cheering post I have read for ages!

:sun:

Thanks for posting this, really good to hear. What position did Clarkson play in today and what was our formation in the second half?

Echo the above. Thanks for the analysis, it seems in the secound half at least we had a plan and pattern of play, it does still cause concern how long it appears to have taken to get to this point, with Clarkson playing deeper and Cisse in midfield, but that a bit cherlish. Let's hope lesson have been learn t and we see some much need consitency and bring that performance in the future games. Preston'splight meansd we musn't get carried away but not many of us saw that coming so well pleased.

We were a shambles for 45 minutes and should have been 2 or 3-1 down. 2nd half we cleared one off the line and after that we hammered them.

Just like us, they seemed to drain in confidence and we grew.

If we are to stay up we need to play like we did 2nd half for the rest of the season.

In the second half, after we got the 2nd some excellent stuff. Weathered a major storm at the end of the first, but we came out the other side. Second half very enjoyable- fact it was raining did not matter! Isn't this our biggest win in nearly 5 years!? Never mind our biggest away win, when did we last (in the League) win by 4 on the road!

Yep, very cheering post wellred, thanks... the sort of thing one needs to read. the elusive consistency is what we need though... not always is the same formation gonna work for every game but its interesting that Millen seems to be listening to us on here by putting Clarkson in a holding role!

We were a shambles for 45 minutes and should have been 2 or 3-1 down. 2nd half we cleared one off the line and after that we hammered them.

If we are to stay up we need to play like we did 2nd half for the rest of the season.

3-1 down? They had a few chances but they weren't exactly clear-cut. I accept they should've scored but to say we should've conceded 3 is very harsh. Agree we offered nothing going forward in that half though and the goal came from a huge defensive error.

What was strange was that for large parts of the first-half we struggled to even keep the ball, just like in recent weeks, but as soon as we got the second our passing was suddenly excellent. Shows how much confidence can have to do with it.

3-1 down? They had a few chances but they weren't exactly clear-cut. I accept they should've scored but to say we should've conceded 3 is very harsh. Agree we offered nothing going forward in that half though and the goal came from a huge defensive error.

What was strange was that for large parts of the first-half we struggled to even keep the ball, just like in recent weeks, but as soon as we got the second our passing was suddenly excellent. Shows how much confidence can have to do with it.

Watch the highlights. It could have been 3-1 or more.

really happy with the result. Seeing David James produce some great saves in the 1st half from Ellington, also his thank you's to Liam Fontaine and Macca off the line was great too and the celebrations from him at the end was nice to see. good to see our attacking strikers scoring gives us confidence going into leeds game

a point a game for the rest of the season will see us safe. We've managed 9 points from the last 10 games when you'd think our form has been as bad as its going to get, so I don't think we'll go down.

I'd like it to be more comfortable than that tho obviously. I think the S****horpe Coventry and Portsmouth games could be the ones where we put a little run together and pull ourselves away from any lingering worries.

I'd be happy with 4 points from the next 3 games. Maybe happy is the wrong word but I'd see it as a decent return in terms of securing our championship status.

Watch the highlights. It could have been 3-1 or more.

We could've won 7-0 but football, especially at this level, never works that way. They're bottom of the league and clearly do not score from every opening they create so if we were 3-1 or more down it would have been incredibly unusual. Bar the superb Fontaine block none of their first-half chances were easy and even James's low save to his right was comfortable. Obviousy after the break they had one cleared off the line and then offered nothing for the rest of the game. For us to have been 3-1/4-1 down James would have had to have made an error or they would've needed to finish all of their chances like Lionel Messi.

Archived