IGNORED

Jumping Ahead.

Redcliffe 78

Twelve months ahead now where will we be, me i would be happy no big signings progressive get the club on a even keel mid table, and then go for the promise land the two years after, am i being negative?, but i think reality needs to get back to this club to go forward.

bottom half imo. hope i'm wron.

I dont have much confidence in Millen - but he can spot a good player - that might keep us in the division

The problem I have with this is that we have been building for the "promised land" for the last 30 years. Every season it's about consolidation before the big push. The reality is, apart from a couple of years back, the push never comes. We are always halfway up a ladder before sliding back to the bottom and starting the slow, tedious process over and over again. Now whether that's our natural position in footballs structure could be argued successfully, but somewhere along the line someone in charge needs to have the balls to either come out and say it, or actually attempt to put together this much maligned push rather than just hypothesising it season after season.

Looks to me as if we're starting to build for a serious push now.

Look at our current squad, we now have several players that would fit in a top-end Championship club, not including loan players. IMHO, these players are:

David James, Nicky Maynard, Brett Pitman, Jon Stead, Albert Adomah and Martyn Woolford.

That's six players, all except James are of a decent age and could be with us for quite some time. I also think it's likely that Keogh will become a permanent signing, and I believe Billy Jones will be added to that list soon as well. I could also include Ribeiro, but I feel that injuries hold him back massively and unfortunately can't see him reaching his potential.

Millen's signings so far have been exceptional, and I genuinely believe that we could be looking at around 10 players of this calibre in our squad by August 2011.

I think that in 12 months time, we'll be a solid mid-table side, with an excellent first-team squad that looks a little weak when injuries hit. The year after, however, I feel will be our real push and can see us challenging for the top two.

The problem I have with this is that we have been building for the "promised land" for the last 30 years. Every season it's about consolidation before the big push. The reality is, apart from a couple of years back, the push never comes. We are always halfway up a ladder before sliding back to the bottom and starting the slow, tedious process over and over again. Now whether that's our natural position in footballs structure could be argued successfully, but somewhere along the line someone in charge needs to have the balls to either come out and say it, or actually attempt to put together this much maligned push rather than just hypothesising it season after season.

couldn't put it better.

Looks to me as if we're starting to build for a serious push now.

Look at our current squad, we now have several players that would fit in a top-end Championship club, not including loan players. IMHO, these players are:

David James, Nicky Maynard, Brett Pitman, Jon Stead, Albert Adomah and Martyn Woolford.

That's six players, all except James are of a decent age and could be with us for quite some time. I also think it's likely that Keogh will become a permanent signing, and I believe Billy Jones will be added to that list soon as well. I could also include Ribeiro, but I feel that injuries hold him back massively and unfortunately can't see him reaching his potential.

Millen's signings so far have been exceptional, and I genuinely believe that we could be looking at around 10 players of this calibre in our squad by August 2011.

I think that in 12 months time, we'll be a solid mid-table side, with an excellent first-team squad that looks a little weak when injuries hit. The year after, however, I feel will be our real push and can see us challenging for the top two.

Good post, progressive, players at the right age, Millen will have the summer to eye up a few gems, Caulker is going to be a big hole to replace, he's on loan at Prem club next season imo, Riberio i really hope hope this lad gets some luck, undoubted quality, players you mention above, like i said a season of even keel then lets really go for it.

Archived