Formation Against Leeds

CITYRED

------------------------JAMES--------------

CAREY-CAULKER-FONTAINE-MCCALISTER

---ELLIOT--------------------------CISSE---

---------------CLARKSON--------------------

---WOOLFORD-----------------------PITMAN----

----------------------KEOGH-------------------

Yes, would be happy with that. Might as well try it out for a couple more games.

I would try to include albert, somewhere - has been one of best players this season - does not deserve to be dropped.

But there is no way we should have a 2 man midfield of Cisse/Skuse/Marvin - hopefully Millen has learned his lesson

if its a mistake im not trying to pick up on it, but in the 2nd half did pitman play left and woolford right so they were cutting in rather than wingers? was away the weekend so didnt listen to commentary

I would try to include albert, somewhere - has been one of best players this season - does not deserve to be dropped.

But there is no way we should have a 2 man midfield of Cisse/Skuse/Marvin - hopefully Millen has learned his lesson

Adomah looks knackered and short on ideas. I'd drop him for now but explain to him why as he was excellent early on.

As much as I love Adomah, he hasn't been on form lately. Ok, much of the time he has been picked up by 2 men, but he does seem to be very tired ATM. Also, who would you drop from this line-up to accomodate him?

I thinks Albert can be a impact player in this game, player of the season, teams have doubled up on him because they know he was are main threat, young player and the future with a few others, needs must at the moment, Albert not good at tracking back and leaves us very open.

Clarkson's got to go in the hole, we've got to got for it

--------------James-------------------

Carey-Caulker-Fontaine-Mcalister

-----------------Elliot----------------------

Adomah---------------------Woolford

--------------Clarkson------------------

---------Pitman-Keogh-----------------

Attack, Attack, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

----------Elliot-Cisse------------------

if leeds only play 11 i reckon wed win with those 12

O dear :crying:

deliberate error?

Right?

:tumbleweed:

Adomah looks knackered and short on ideas. I'd drop him for now but explain to him why as he was excellent early on.

As much as I love Adomah, he hasn't been on form lately. Ok, much of the time he has been picked up by 2 men, but he does seem to be very tired ATM. Also, who would you drop from this line-up to accomodate him?

I thinks Albert can be a impact player in this game, player of the season, teams have doubled up on him because they know he was are main threat, young player and the future with a few others, needs must at the moment, Albert not good at tracking back and leaves us very open.

Point taken - a break would be very good for albert.

But I think in a more balanced side/formation he would thrive - by this I mean, that until now he has been our only outlet. Whereas now there will be a threat from the left and finally down the middle - so we will no longer rely on him - if he's double marked now - we are now in a position to take advantage.

But I think in a more balanced side/formation he would thrive - by this I mean, that until now he has been our only outlet. Whereas now there will be a threat from the left and finally down the middle - so we will no longer rely on him - if he's double marked now - we are now in a position to take advantage.

I think thats right after he's had a rest. I'm sure even Millen would admit he's played him far more than he intended to when he signed for us.

We had more balance at Preston but he still looked out of sorts compared with how he was. Its hard to say as he was up against Jones who bombed up and down and made life hard for him and after halftime Preston had to change the back 4 because the right back got badly injured which disrupted them too.

I'd be surprised if Millen didnt stick with the 2nd half eleven from Preston against Leeds to see if it works against a better team. If it doesnt he'll probably get slated but I think that would be very harsh.

I also think that he'd fit quite well into this system in place of Woolford or Pitman. Could bring him on against a tiring Leeds defence to do more damage. Could also rotate players, so it wouldn't mean that he is forever on the bench. I just think he needs a rest at the moment and needs to rediscover his earlier form.

my apologies, thought that looked too good to be true! haha

Dropped CIsse, Marv on his own in the middle, happy now?

Subs-

Gerken

Stewart

Edwards

Johnson

Cisse

Maynard

Sproule

Subs-

Gerken

Stewart

Edwards

Johnson

Cisse

Maynard

Sproule

Personally think that team would get battered, but there we go, game of opinions and all that

Subs-

Gerken

Stewart

Edwards

Johnson

Cisse

Maynard

Sproule

would get completely overrun in midfield - even more so than against swansea if thats possible

Personally think that team would get battered, but there we go, game of opinions and all that

would get completely overrun in midfield - even more so than against swansea if thats possible

Please! Give seebokseduction some credit. He has at least picked 11 players this time. :)

Seriously though, I could see that formation working if we were chasing the game, maybe a goal down with 15 minutes left. That won't happen though. We'll obviously be 3 up by then. :winner_third_h4h:

Subs-

Gerken

Stewart

Edwards

Johnson

Cisse

Maynard

Sproule

We'd drop Cisse? I thought he was one of our better players in terms of keeping possession on Saturday- would leave us too open I expect.

Riaz he will thrive, but the ways things are at the moment, impact player imo is the way forward, 1-0 up, 1-0 down, a team does not want him running at them in the last 15 mins of a game.

We need an iron fist in a velvet glove approach to Leeds. We can't afford to throw away any more points at home.

I also think that he'd fit quite well into this system in place of Woolford or Pitman. Could bring him on against a tiring Leeds defence to do more damage. Could also rotate players, so it wouldn't mean that he is forever on the bench. I just think he needs a rest at the moment and needs to rediscover his earlier form.

I agree with this , I'm a big fan of Adomah and has been a stand out performer but I think it'd do him some good to give him a rest and would be brilliant to actually have a decent impact sub for once also handy if things do go wrong we know what he can do. I do think the future is Adomah and Woolford on the wings but I think seeing as worked so well against Preston. I think there will be a lot of pressure on Clarkson and Cisse for consistency to play as well as they did against preston 2nd half . Won't be the easiest either against a very good Leeds who if they score the first goal that'll probably be game over. Hopefully should see Clarkson and Cisse busting a gut to save their places in the team you would of thought but then neither have been consistent since joining.

Archived