IGNORED

No Respect For Nigel Clough Anymore

prankerd

laugh... chip off the old block !!

btw... a professional in any profession earns damned good money for being professional in his or her field , if they mess up quite rightly they should be challenged over it. In most situations I guess its in private companies & bollockings will stay within the office.

In football the business is a very public one anyway by its nature, the viewing public pay the wages of the so-called professionals & the manager has every right to expect an acceptable level of competance from his pro's - & should also have the right to speak out in public on behalf of himself & the paying fans if an employed well paid pro isnt giving of whats reasonably expected of him.

Who gives a shite if a pro aint up to it & is somewhat embarassed if his boss comes out & says so?.. tough titty as far as I'm concerned, specially if efforts to correct mistakes are having little effect & the problem keeps recurring despite months of trying to sort it out (in private).

Bankers get away with it - that dont mean footballers should as well, they all have great lifestyles afforded them for being good at what they do, take the money, take the stick when you dont deliver!!

laugh... chip off the old block !!

btw... a professional in any profession earns damned good money for being professional in his or her field , if they mess up quite rightly they should be challenged over it. In most situations I guess its in private companies & bollockings will stay within the office.

In football the business is a very public one anyway by its nature, the viewing public pay the wages of the so-called professionals & the manager has every right to expect an acceptable level of competance from his pro's - & should also have the right to speak out in public on behalf of himself & the paying fans if an employed well paid pro isnt giving of whats reasonably expected of him.

Who gives a shite if a pro aint up to it & is somewhat embarassed if his boss comes out & says so?.. tough titty as far as I'm concerned, specially if efforts to correct mistakes are having little effect & the problem keeps recurring despite months of trying to sort it out (in private).

Bankers get away with it - that dont mean footballers should as well, they all have great lifestyles afforded them for being good at what they do, take the money, take the stick when you dont deliver!!

This worked very well for Phil Brown, I must say. :dancing6:

http://news.bbc.co.u...nty/9390909.stm

some of the fans on here would like to say the same about our players! but to say that to the public on live radio is so wrong, he scouted the player and bought him from wigan so surely its his fault for being a shite manager!

I have some sympathy for him. The pressure put on managers these days is enormous and if his players are letting him down, the manager should be free to say something.

I wonder what he would have had to say about Hunt's performance against Leeds if he'd have been here. :innocent06:

Good point was sat with my Leeds supporting mate so was closer to Hunt's powder puff performance in ordinary walks of life a proper rollicking with a warning would be dished out,,,,, Can't see what Nigel Clough has done wrong apart from upset another well-paid footballer...

I'm not sure that commenting about an individual employee to the press is appropriate, however football is an emotional game and Clough is an emotional man who like his old boy will probably talk as he sees it at the time of the question.

Either way the player needs to show that he is a pro pick himself up take his knock and get on with it for his 400k a year approx as lets face it Clough only articulated what the supporters who saw it were all saying

He was not even annoyed by the comments and said he "had no problem" with them, I am sure I have read of players having digs at managers before in the press and nothing really gets said about that.

While I agree it is not great cause of how young the lad is, as said above they earn good money (How many people in their early twenties drive a Audi R8 like Maynard?) and sometimes it is refreshing to see a manager come out and say how he feels about the performance, sadly Clough probably needs to look at how he manages before he chucks things like this around!

A PSG player I think he recently transferred to Sunderland refused to kick another ball for PSG after the coach shouted at him on the training ground, we are getting to a situation where if you are not allowed to even be honest about a player and tell him when he makes a mistake, it further proves that players are paid far too much and hold all of the power because they know they will get paid whatever crap they serve up, I do not believe in all this stroking their ego crap, footballers ego's are already highly inflated and if you fuel it they will believe it all the more, they are employees and should be treated as such, playing football and being paid a huge amount of money is a good life (however short) and they should be privileged and thankful that they don't actually have work for a living.

Archived