IGNORED

Out Of Contract.

newarkred

I've created a bcfc player database (sad i know...). cant seem to copy it over nicely but here what ive worked out, might not be 100% correct, please correct me if you know more than me!

GKDavid James2011

DFNicky Hunt2012

DFJamie McAllister2011

DFLiam Fontaine2011

DFDamion Stewart2013

DFLouis Carey (captain)2011

MFMarvin Elliott2012

MFLee Johnson2012

FWDavid Clarkson2012

FWNicky Maynard2012

GKDean Gerken2012

MFCole Skuse2013

MFIvan Sproule2011

DFJames Wilson2011

DFChristian Ribeiro

MFJamal Campbell-Ryce2012

DFKalifa Cissé2012

DFLewin Nyatanga2013

DFJoe Edwards

FWMarlon Jackson2011

DFDanny Ball2011

DFJoe Lennox2011

MFAlbert Adomah2013

FWJon Stead2013

FWBrett Pitman2013

MFDanny Rose (on loan from Tottenham)2011

DFSteven Caulker (on loan from Tottenham)2011

GKStephen Henderson (at Yeovil Town)2011

MFPatrick Hoban (at Clevedon Town)2011

MFJimmy Keohane (at Clevedon Town)2011

MFMartyn Woolford2014

FWAndy Keogh (on loan from Wolves)2011

Yeah I would agree that the Maynard contract needs to be wrapped up before the summer. This will stop clubs trying to get a bargain, preying on our fear that he will leave on a free. The other one that worries me is Fontaine. He will also be very difficult to replace easily and with Carey on his way down a little do we really want to be replacing two CB's in one go?

Yeah I would agree that the Maynard contract needs to be wrapped up before the summer. This will stop clubs trying to get a bargain, preying on our fear that he will leave on a free. The other one that worries me is Fontaine. He will also be very difficult to replace easily and with Carey on his way down a little do we really want to be replacing two CB's in one go?

Agree with Fontaine but not Maynard.

I know its going against the grain but i wouldn't look to offer Maynard an extension until i was sure of his fitness. He's been out for a long time with a serious injury he needs to get a run of games and prove fitness, strength (mental and physical) and a return to form first. Any extension will be on improved terms and we need to be sure he is going to fully recover before a big offer is made.

Agree with Fontaine but not Maynard.

I know its going against the grain but i wouldn't look to offer Maynard an extension until I was sure of his fitness. He's been out for a long time with a serious injury he needs to get a run of games and prove fitness, strength (mental and physical) and a return to form first. Any extension will be on improved terms and we need to be sure he is going to fully recover before a big offer is made.

I can see where your coming from, and in an ideal world I would say this is the best way to handle the situation. However I believe that the cost of replacing Maynard will be far greater in terms of the fee and wages of a player from another club than just the wages of Nicky.

If he's slightly crocked he will still be better than most in the lower Championship (our competition) and if not we can demand a higher fee again (or have him banging in the goals).

Even Pitman cost us 750k plus wages... for me its simply whats cheeper, Fee of at least 750k (like Pitman) plus wages or just wages?

Don't know about Fontaine but I'm pretty sure that McAllister isn't out of contract this summer as I'm sure he extended his last deal a while ago under GJ.

The following 11 are definitely out of contract:

James, Gerken, Henderson, Carey, Sproule, Akinde, Hoban, Keohane, Ball, Lennox and Jackson.

Gavin Williams would have been, too and I'm sure I also read somewhere that we had 12 out of contract, so maybe that's all?

Don't know about Fontaine but I'm pretty sure that McAllister isn't out of contract this summer as I'm sure he extended his last deal a while ago under GJ.

The following 11 are definitely out of contract:

James, Gerken, Henderson, Carey, Sproule, Akinde, Hoban, Keohane, Ball, Lennox and Jackson.

Gavin Williams would have been, too and I'm sure I also read somewhere that we had 12 out of contract, so maybe that's all?

I dont think James is out of contract strictly speaking. He said the other day he's played enough games to trigger the 2nd year of his contract so he'll be staying next season.

I got these from the little research I did a few weeks ago:

Johnson Signings

• Liam Fontaine out of contract
  • Lee Johnson out of contract
  • Dean Gerken out of contract
  • Gavin Williams out of contract
  • John Akinde out of contract
  • Ivan Sproule out of contract
  • Stephen Henderson out of contract
  • Jamie McAllister 1 year
  • Marvin Elliott 1 year
  • David Clarkson 1 year
  • Nicky Maynard 1 year
  • Jamal Campbell-Ryce 1 year
  • Lewin Nyatanga 2 years

Coppell's Signings

• Patrick Hoban out of contract
  • Jimmy Keohane out of contract
  • David James his choice for another season
  • Nicky Hunt 1 year
  • Kalifa Cissé 1 year
  • Damion Stewart 2 years
  • Albert Adomah 2 years

Millen's signings

• Danny Rose not ours
  • Steven Caulker not ours
  • Jon Stead 2 years
  • Brett Pitman 2 years

Home grown

• Louis Carey out of contract
  • Cole Skuse 2/3 years

Christian Ribeiro 3 years

note: these the length of years left this summer.

Very interesting, Geoff and when you add in all of the first year pros and Jackson I'd suggest that Fontaine and Henderson are the only two of those out of contract who would definitely be offered terms for beyond the summer......

Mcallister contract was extended by Johnson in 2008 with a two year extention on his exsisting deal taking it to 2011 I think, like alot of the players,

Just before johnson left macca got a 3 yr deal. but it wasnt announced, only mentioned by macca in a interview in a matchday programme - shocking decision by GJ

Archived