IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse

hinsleburg

i was pleasantly suprised with his performance today. i thought he broke up play well and when asked to play right back did okay. he also seems confident on the ball however sometimes maybe too casual.

i hope we get to see more of him in center midfield as i feels he offers more than elliot who, although works hard, is a headless chicken

i was pleasantly suprised with his performance today. i thought he broke up play well and when asked to play right back did okay. he also seems confident on the ball however sometimes maybe too casual.

i hope we get to see more of him in center midfield as i feels he offers more than elliot who, although works hard, is a headless chicken

Cisse was great today, thought he really well at right back aswell! Seems as though he's the only player in this team that can keep the ball on the ground!

are you all joking....guess it highlights how different people see games.....thought marv was our best player today.....and cannot see what cisse brings, lost all hope albeit when he was playing out of position at right back when a cross field ball was played to gradel and he didnt even know gradel was ther.....ah well

I'd venture to say that Cisse is our number 1 midfielder right now. When I saw him play for Reading he played in midfield (very well in my opinion). It really shouldn't have taken us until February to play him there.

Cisse was excellent last week and had a decent game today but to say he's our number one midfielder is very harsh on Elliot! He's been excellent this season for me and and to label him a headless chicken (not you but others in this thread) is ridiculous.

Cisse was excellent last week and had a decent game today but to say he's our number one midfielder is very harsh on Elliot! He's been excellent this season for me and and to label him a headless chicken (not you but others in this thread) is ridiculous.

For me Elliott has been poor lately and can not pass the ball to save his life.

Come the revolution when we get a manager who can take this club forward Elliott will be one of the first to go.

are you all joking....guess it highlights how different people see games.....thought marv was our best player today.....and cannot see what cisse brings, lost all hope albeit when he was playing out of position at right back when a cross field ball was played to gradel and he didnt even know gradel was ther.....ah well

I guess you saw the game from the back of the EastEnd, wearing dark glasses, and you are blind?

"Marv was our best player"??? What planet are you from?

Did Marv at any stage ever, play an incisive ball to our forward line?

Did Marv at any stage ever, manage to control the ball with his first touch?

Did Marv at any stage, manage to use his left foot?

Three years ago I was Marv's biggest fan. But, like McAllister, he is far past his sell-by date. We must get rid in the summer and replace with someone who can trap a ball and, as a bonus, pass to one of our forwards.

i thought Cisse was poor, didn't pick up alot of players runs on the pitch just letting them jog by so not beaten for pace by any means, when moved to right back no idea when Gradel was at any time, same as McAllister with Snodgrass. Gradel could turn him all too easily with practically no effort. Hopefully a one off as i think he could be useful to us as a defensive midfielder.

Come the revolution when we get a manager who can take this club forward Elliott will be one of the first to go.

I wouldn't go that far. On current form he's not Premier league standard like he was first year in the champ, but there's no-one better at what he does in the championship. And for someone who grew up a right back he's not that bad in the opposition half.

Quite impressed with Cisse today by far his best performance, although for some reason a lot of the time Elliot was playing further up the field attacking especially the 2nd half? for the 2nd goal he was almost in attack when Leeds go the ball and countered us.Cisse didn't do as bad as I thought he would at RB and has shown he can control the ball well with his feet and when not rushing find a decent pass .

Quite impressed with Cisse today by far his best performance, although for some reason a lot of the time Elliot was playing further up the field attacking especially the 2nd half? for the 2nd goal he was almost in attack when Leeds go the ball and countered us.Cisse didn't do as bad as I thought he would at RB and has shown he can control the ball well with his feet and when not rushing find a decent pass .

If his best performance has come at home in a very poor 0-2 defeat then that just says it all . . .

If his best performance has come at home in a very poor 0-2 defeat then that just says it all . . .

poor 0-2 defeat? generally we had the ball more than Leeds both halves more than we have all season at home. Don't get me wrong the formation only worked for the first ten minutes where were playing very silky football but then conceded on the break and lost our confidence and passing. Yes Millen should of changed to 4-4-2 earlier, yes we had a full ground but did anyone really expect us to beat a on form top 6 Leeds team who have scored in every away game ( I think?) just because we beat bottom of the league preston 4-0.

For me Elliott has been poor lately and can not pass the ball to save his life.

His passing is poor, I don't think anyone would distupte that, and that is frustrating but that is not really the aim of his game. In the summer I was fed up with Marv and would've been fine with him leaving as I thought he was thoroughly disappointing last season and for large parts of the eason before. However this season he has been one of our best performers and has gone back to doing what he does best, getting stuck in, breaking up play and putting himself about. He's never going to be a creative plasyer and it's not his fault that he's often played alongside people just as poor at passing as he is! I think it's harsh to criticise his perfoemances this season and after Caulker, Adomah, Stead and possibly Pitman he's been our best player.

I had to read it twice but you did write Elliot's been excellent this season. Sorry but totally disagree. Poor first touch, very poor passer of the ball, no vision,doesn't even get on the score sheet anymore.

I had to read it twice but you did write Elliot's been excellent this season. Sorry but totally disagree. Poor first touch, very poor passer of the ball, no vision,doesn't even get on the score sheet anymore.

Unbelievable. Well done for listing all the things he's not good at. Maynard's not good at tackling, running the channels or flying so he must be shit as well. Elliot's passing is poor and his first touch is not the best, but he is not a creative player and he is not in the team to create and score goals. (Although he's our top scoring midfielder this season and our third top scorer overall.) He's there to break up play, help out the defence and offer support when the team attacks. He wasn't great in the 08/09 campaign and was very poor last term but his performances have improved by a great deal this season. Which midfielder has been better than him?

I would like to hear what D.James and Caulker thought of Cisse yesterday. I think if they were to give you an honest awnser they would say he was dreadfull, non stop shouting towards him.

Mainly Due to not picking up men (big argument after second goal) and cisse leaving caulker to chase his man back.

I think David James should be looking slightly closer to home if he wants to portion the blame to one single player for the second goal!

Cisse was awful yesterday.

One dimensional, unable to turn with the ball, no vision, lots of "hospital" passes abdicating all responsibility - a friggin liability in other words.

I thought he was unadulterated crap.

When he went to full back I thought Gradel would have a field day, but to be fair he was a bit better in that position - he does seem better with the play in front of him. He's no midfielder from what I've seen of him. Stick him sitting in front of the back four and he may shine, but in the middle he's no use at all.

Elliott was as bad, panicked every time the ball was at his feet - he isn't good enough and should be off loaded this summer.

What seems crystal clear to my eyes is the lack of personality and assertiveness in our midfield. No one can take control of a game. Debates about defensive or creative midfielders aren't really the point. We need someone who wants to affect a game whether in the style of Shaun Derry or Andy King. More cojones basically. We've been playing the donot formation this season.

Archived