IGNORED

Points To Stay Up

MC Risk

Although im not as despondent as i felt after swansea i didnt get millens tactics at all today, 4-3-3 with woolford on right, long ball played right into leeds hands.....although i like the bloke and think he has given us great service, i really do hope we appoint a new manager in the summer and allow keith to stay on in some way, and have a proper rebuild.

Anyway given the form of the bottom 3 i think 46 points could be enough this season, anyone else have any thoughts?

Although im not as despondent as i felt after swansea i didnt get millens tactics at all today, 4-3-3 with woolford on right, long ball played right into leeds hands.....although i like the bloke and think he has given us great service, i really do hope we appoint a new manager in the summer and allow keith to stay on in some way, and have a proper rebuild.

Anyway given the form of the bottom 3 i think 46 points could be enough this season, anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm not in to statistics but 52 are the golden amount of points I guess. Kind of like the Blades but who to go down with Preston & Scunny?

Woulden't mind Palarse :fingerscrossed:

History teaches us it will not but with Preston and Scunny being cast adrift and the Blades rapidly joining them it may very well be enough.

Sheff Utd made a 1 point gain today and with them still to play away they might be able to catch us. I would say 50 points would be enough which makes the S****horpe home game a must win in my view.

biggest game of season once we get to it by a mile......want us to cross the 40 point threshold by mid may then will sleep more easily

We're still seven points clear of the relegation zone.

I really don't see one of those teams behind us earning those and overtaking City in the standings...

Yeh - looking at the teams below us, can you see them overtaking us ............ ?

Preston: sorry - they are going down

Scunny: games in hand - but not picking up enough points - prob going down.

Beyond those its still open.

Points needed:-

2004/5: 50 to stay up

2005/6: 43 to stay up (4th bottom got 50)

2006/7: 43 to stay up (4th bottom got 49)

2007/8: 53 to stay up (4th bottom got 53)

2008/9: 47 to stay up (4th bottom got 51)

2009/10: 48 to stay up (4th bottom got 49).

So, on average of the last 6 seasons, 47/48 to stay up, the lucky team averaging 50/51.

The unscientific yardstick seems to be 50 points.

:unsure:

...... is this an issue??

It could well be, have had a look at many sides in the bottom half who I would classify as potential for being dragged in based on their respective runs runs of form and here goes:

Coventry 14th

P11W1D3L7F7A14PTS6GD-7

Doncaster 16th

P7W1D1L5F5A13PTS4GD-8

Derby 17th

P12W1D2L9F9A23PTS5GD-14

Portsmouth 18th:

P8W1D2L5F9A15PTS5GD-6

And of course all those below us, of whom Preston are gone, S****horpe quite possibly likewise so I make it one from Coventry, Doncaster, Derby, Portsmouth, us, Middlesborough, Palace and Sheff Utd for the last relegation place!

Archived