IGNORED

David Clarkson

bangers

Considering the CM position is new to him, I think he did ok. With a few more games there, and a bit more experience I think he could do a job as a central midfielder who can tackle, is enthusiastic,can pass forward, and can score the occasional goal (2 last week).

Don't think of any of our current 'dedicated ' midfielders can do all of this.

Give him a run, can't do any worse.

Considering the CM position is new to him, I think he did ok. With a few more games there, and a bit more experience I think he could do a job as a central midfielder who can tackle, is enthusiastic,can pass forward, and can score the occasional goal (2 last week).

Don't think of any of our current 'dedicated ' midfielders can do all of this.

Give him a run, can't do any worse.

He was ineffective first half, but so was most of the team. In the second half he had a shot cleared off the line, nicely set up Pitman for the shot that almost crept in, got back and made blocks in the penalty area when defending and generally worked hard. We all see it differently, but 'crap' seems harsh.

Square pegs in round holes again. Not cutting the mustard up front so lets see if he can slot into midfield !! There are currently too many problems all over the pitch to think that trying to solve one or two would be the end all. It`s been a long season to date and i can`t see it changing but as was noted in another thread, hopefully the teams below us will continue to be worse than us.

PDG

A very ordinary player who has consistently shown that he is not good enough at this level. If out of contract in the summer, he should be released, and hopefully he can resurrect his career back in Scotland. We need to start looking forward, not hoping that our many recent bad buys suddenly turn good.

Ditto. He looked lightweight and fell over if anyone breathed on him, bossed out of the game.

Woolford was worse though.

Agreed, Both seemed to be particularly poor at passing yesterday, and Woolford's first touch was somewhat suspect.

Thing is, 18 months of Clarky and he's done nothing to show he can complete 90 minutes and be a threat for any part of it... Woolford at least looked good with the ball at his feet and will be a worry going down the left flank.

Clarkson just doesn't have the physicallity or the skill to play at this level. unfortunately.

Do you guys think that he has a future at BC or will he be shipped out?

he's split the fans down the middle tbh,

he's a bit hit a miss imo scored some good goals (Liecester) but has been cack at times also typical striker really,

I wouldn't mind if he left or stayed as he can be useful from the bench but he's 4th choice behind maynard pitman and stead, rumours were that he was being used as a makeweight for Goodwillie but I find that hard to belive

He's not the worst I don't think. Seems to have some creativity judging nby assists, a few goals too. Just because a 'striker' isn't massively prolific doesn't mean thney can't have their uses. Have often said this, in terms of goals/assists split being similar there is a certain correlation between Clarkson and for example, Cassano. Nothing like the same quality though but proof- as if it were necesssary- that strikers can contribute in various ways.

He's not the worst I don't think. Seems to have some creativity judging nby assists, a few goals too. Just because a 'striker' isn't massively prolific doesn't mean thney can't have their uses. Have often said this, in terms of goals/assists split being similar there is a certain correlation between Clarkson and for example, Cassano. Nothing like the same quality though but proof- as if it were necesssary- that strikers can contribute in various ways.

I agree, some of the comments that have been made on here in the past have been ridiculous, he is far from being the worst player or striker we have had. When he was used in the right way for a spell around Jan Feb, he looked very good sitting in "the hole". Some people like to concentrate on what our players can't do, rather than what they can, he has got the eye for a pass, has good movement off the ball, but his decision making is not always quick enough at this level.

couldn't agree more mate. I think his best quality is hassling defenders, setting up passes and making space for his strike partner, not as a main threat. Still the boy can put away the odd good goal :)

After watching todays game, and the highlights, it seems that DC is starting to fulfill his potential in this AM role?

What are peoples thoughts? Does he now have a long term future at the club?

I think he is in Millens squad next season. Maybe his no big star but he scored 8 last season and had many assists. Last season he didnt play from start so many games. We will see what happens.

Or maybe your inability to see what's in front of you...........................

no it was a game back in feb when he was extremely poor and the general consesus was that he was poor that day,

Read what I said in responce to Well's question instead of highlighting a 3 month old post,

Where I said he splits fans down the middle and I wouldn't mind if he went or stayed

Archived