IGNORED

Im A Happy City Fan

bangers

Despite this season being a disaster, I have to say with the new signings, and Millens tactics I am a very happy City fan.

For the first time in years we are playing decent, attacking football with classy, talented footballers like Woolford, Adomah etc providing a real excitement.

I think the new formation will show the best of Clarkson, and yesterday the 2nd half we were all over Leeds and should of got something from the game.

Keith deserves credit for his tactics, and definately his signings......I think people FORGET the situation we were in, and that he was put in, at the start of this season.............

Exciting times ahead?

Have to agree myself , we defeinetley deserved something from yesterdays game and 2nd half were far rthe better team , despite what those muppets said on FLS last night.

If we can carry on creating and attacking and now we have got Maynard back i am sure we will start to pick up points and stay up.

Just yesterday lady luck wasnt shining on us.

COYR........

Are you on drugs??

For 65 minutes yesterday we sat off Leeds and played a 4-1-4-1 type formation. It was negative, and totally ineffective.

It was only when we changed to shaped after about 65 minutes that we really threatened them, and from that point we looked the better team.

For me our 2 new signing were our worst 2 players on the bitch.

If you are happy with that we are all in trouble.

Millen seems to be weak, tactically naive and lacking the experience needed to succed at this level.

Have to agree myself , we defeinetley deserved something from yesterdays game and 2nd half were far rthe better team , despite what those muppets said on FLS last night.

If we can carry on creating and attacking and now we have got Maynard back i am sure we will start to pick up points and stay up.

Just yesterday lady luck wasnt shining on us.

COYR........

Leeds were very lucky yesterday - their goal was pummelled in the second half and I couldn't believe how they managed to keep a clean sheet.

Are you on drugs??

For 65 minutes yesterday we sat off Leeds and played a 4-1-4-1 type formation. It was negative, and totally ineffective.

It was only when we changed to shaped after about 65 minutes that we really threatened them, and from that point we looked the better team.

Millen seems to be weak, tactically naive and lacking the experience needed to succed at this level.

+1

Playing Woolford wide right and Pitman out on the left was a complete shambles! Both players kept trying to maneouvre the ball into a position using their stronger foot and were constantly caught off balance and losing posession as a result. Pitman did liven up in the second half but you can't waste a player with his finishig ability in and around the goal area out on the wing!

Are you on drugs??

Preston 0 Bristol City 4, a result achieved by astute tactical changes at half time. Millen, as all managers, sometimes gets it wrong tactically, but "tactically naive" is a bit of a mis-nomer. Yourself, of course, along with all the other tactical genius's on here know how to play every game and what changes to be made in every game.

For the record, I was disappointed with the starting formation yesterday and hope that Millen learns to take each game on its own merits.

Preston 0 Bristol City 4, a result achieved by astute tactical changes at half time. Millen, as all managers, sometimes gets it wrong tactically, but "tactically naive" is a bit of a mis-nomer. Yourself, of course, along with all the other tactical genius's on here know how to play every game and what changes to be made in every game.

For the record, I was disappointed with the starting formation yesterday and hope that Millen learns to take each game on its own merits.

After 10 minutes yeaterday you could see how easily Leeds were able to play the ball out from the back, leaving 1 up front allowed them to know the ball around and build play easily. We sat off them and let them take control of the game. How many games does he need to learn? I would guess he now has had around 50 games in charge, so he should not be making those sort of mistakes.

Instead of looking at the Preston game, that was 1 win in 6 against a team who have not won in 2 months, and he did not appear able to defend anything.

How about looking at 1 win in 6 agmes and 5 (i think that is now) home defeats on the trot.

The signings might be good but the 2 positions we need to strengthen are left back (McAllister got done badly again yesterday) and central midfield. We have know that for 30 games now and we just buy more strikers.

You might be happy but I am fed up with seeing the same things going wrong game after game

Are you on drugs??

We are so lucky on this forum to have such gifted posters,

who obviously have such so much experience of the professional game.

It's a wonder they can spare the time to comment on our club

because they must be so busy making millions of pounds from advising

the best managers in the world.

Thanks for you understanding of our championship side and

thanks for your input too....

For the most part, even on our winning run, we have had negative tactics. This isn't exciting times to watch- we played well for spells in the 2nd half against Leeds after the game was basically over and they were sitting on 2-0 lead. When was the last time we looked good when it was 0-0?

Millen hasn't done terrible but at the same time I don't think he is the man for the future. He has a good eye for a player but for me that is about it.

Completely agree with the OP.

I think the championship this year is a lot more challenging and tight since we've been in it, apart from QPR who let's be fair are running away with it, theres a real tussle between 10 teams below them. Forest Leicester and even Hull a few months back were at the wrong end of the table and now they have found some consistency, something we've lacked this season.

Under coppell people came to an even ground with agreeing this season would be more of a transition period and the real push would come next season, what's changed?

We've made new signings which needed to gel, find the right formation and adjust to life in the championship

We have a new manager albeit it's not coppell but even if it was would those same people still have lost faith in the team under him?

Give Keith a break, he's still learning. You can argue that he knows the team better than anyone else out there but I can name 3 first teamers from last season this season.

I'm fully behind Keith and the team I think he's the man who can steer us to safety and to make a push next season we already know he has an eye for a good player, who knows a couple of players in in the summer, mainly a creative CM, and who knows.

Completely agree with the OP.

I think the championship this year is a lot more challenging and tight since we've been in it, apart from QPR who let's be fair are running away with it, theres a real tussle between 10 teams below them. Forest Leicester and even Hull a few months back were at the wrong end of the table and now they have found some consistency, something we've lacked this season.

Under coppell people came to an even ground with agreeing this season would be more of a transition period and the real push would come next season, what's changed?

We've made new signings which needed to gel, find the right formation and adjust to life in the championship

We have a new manager albeit it's not coppell but even if it was would those same people still have lost faith in the team under him?

Give Keith a break, he's still learning. You can argue that he knows the team better than anyone else out there but I can name 3 first teamers from last season this season.

I'm fully behind Keith and the team I think he's the man who can steer us to safety and to make a push next season we already know he has an eye for a good player, who knows a couple of players in in the summer, mainly a creative CM, and who knows.

I just think yesterday for the first half especially he just misjudged the tactics slightly! Leeds have had there success this season with 2 quick and skilful wingers that support the front man and cause problems from the opposing team. I just think Millen thought we beat Preston 4 - 0 so lets stick with the same tactics regardless of the oppositions strengths, it just seemed to be the attitude of that worked last week so lets do it again now.

McAllistar got raped all game, he had no cover from a left midfielder as there wasn't one until Adomah came on and the shape changed. Leaving him exposed to Snodgrass was risky to say the least. Keogh was isolated for large periods of the first half and why Pitman was on the left wing still baffles me even now!

But to City's credit when the shape changed and where most players were playing n more comfortable positions we looked good, got the ball out wide and got some crosses in! It just took far too long for him to change anything. We could quite easily been 3 - 0 down by the time Adomah came on!

The most frustrating thing is we have a good side, the inconsistency of the team is very worrying and conceding a boat load of goals at home is a problem! If we lose to Leicester and Watford in the next 2 games we will be right in the mire! Hopefully we can pick up a unexpected win! The team just need to believe in themselves and go out and try and win the match instead of waiting for things to happen! There were signs of the for the last 30 mins yesterday!

I just think yesterday for the first half especially he just misjudged the tactics slightly! Leeds have had there success this season with 2 quick and skilful wingers that support the front man and cause problems from the opposing team. I just think Millen thought we beat Preston 4 - 0 so lets stick with the same tactics regardless of the oppositions strengths, it just seemed to be the attitude of that worked last week so lets do it again now.

McAllistar got raped all game, he had no cover from a left midfielder as there wasn't one until Adomah came on and the shape changed. Leaving him exposed to Snodgrass was risky to say the least. Keogh was isolated for large periods of the first half and why Pitman was on the left wing still baffles me even now!

But to City's credit when the shape changed and where most players were playing n more comfortable positions we looked good, got the ball out wide and got some crosses in! It just took far too long for him to change anything. We could quite easily been 3 - 0 down by the time Adomah came on!

The most frustrating thing is we have a good side, the inconsistency of the team is very worrying and conceding a boat load of goals at home is a problem! If we lose to Leicester and Watford in the next 2 games we will be right in the mire! Hopefully we can pick up a unexpected win! The team just need to believe in themselves and go out and try and win the match instead of waiting for things to happen! There were signs of the for the last 30 mins yesterday!

I've noticed a few people using the term "rape" on here recently, could I just say I find it offensive.

I still believe the future is positive under Millen. We all know he has a good eye for signings and we also know already there will be a lot of ins and outs again this summer. He does want to play the entertaining type of football and if the team had a bit more self belief we would of got something yesterday. A class goal from Snodgrass and then poor defending by Macca allowed them to get a win they didn't necessarily deserve, and it's still a mystery how we didn't score.

I've noticed a few people using the term "rape" on here recently, could I just say I find it offensive.

For god sake, if you find that offensive how do you survive on a saturday afternoon?? Ok then he was absolute dogshit and player from the downs league probably could have done a better job? Better??

Despite this season being a disaster, I have to say with the new signings, and Millens tactics I am a very happy City fan.

Your obviously easily pleased then.

For the first time in years we are playing decent, attacking football with classy, talented footballers like Woolford, Adomah etc providing a real excitement.

Really?

I think the new formation will show the best of Clarkson, and yesterday the 2nd half we were all over Leeds and should of got something from the game.

Don't think we would have scored if we had played until midnight. Its not the formation, the players are just not very good.

Keith deserves credit for his tactics, and definately his signings......I think people FORGET the situation we were in, and that he was put in, at the start of this season.............

His signings mean we are in a relegation scrap.

Exciting times ahead?

NO. Yesterday we looked like relegation fodder.

Archived