IGNORED

Bristol City Costs Steve Lansdown

cityfan

That could be one interpretation. The Daily Mail reports today that Peter Hargreaves remaining stake is worth £1 billion in Hargreaves Lansdown

Steve lansdown who has cashed up shares on a few occasions over the last few years has remaining shares worth £573.

Add to this the sum of money that the club owes him, somewhere short of £20 million and that is one substantial commitment to Bristol City and a new stadium

I think he is entitled to put his nose into the dressing room from time to time and express his disappointment of the players and what he expects of them.

They say a fool and his money are soon parted. How many of us would have cashed up shares to fund City as he has. It is one hell of a commitment!!!!!!!!!!

Fool or just very passionate, generous and loyal?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1357697/MARKET-REPORT.html

And with the news on Sainsburys today in the EP I'm sure he will have his head in his hands and think, "is it all worth it". Bristol needs to get it's finger out it's ass and start to give people what they want. The council needs to back Lansdown in a time when everyone is on a downer in the economy.

But it won't happen!

MM

What happened with the Sainsbury's application then?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/END-STADIUM-DREAM/article-3234868-detail/article.html

Bad News.

I honestly believe that he could now walk away within the next 2 years, the question is......will the club still own Ashton Gate or are we going to get a Ron Noades/Crystal Palace situation?

I trust what Steve Lansdown does, he makes mistakes like everyone does, but he does things with the right intentions, I just hope if/when City are sold on it's too the right people. (not that I would complain if an Saudi Oil Baron buys the club)

http://www.thisisbri...il/article.html

Bad News.

I honestly believe that he could now walk away within the next 2 years, the question is......will the club still own Ashton Gate or are we going to get a Ron Noades/Crystal Palace situation?

I trust what Steve Lansdown does, he makes mistakes like everyone does, but he does things with the right intentions, I just hope if/when City are sold on it's too the right people. (not that I would complain if an Saudi Oil Baron buys the club)

The club doesn't own Ashton Gate now, does it? The football club are merely tenants, is my interpretation of the accounts etc.

Also, if Sainsbury's application is refused, it doesn't necessarily mean the end of the new stadium. Presumably, SL can persaude a housebuilder to build some swanky new flats there instead? Granted, that may not make as much money as selling to Sainsburys, but presumably there's still money to be made from selling AG to somebody?

4. SL announced a little ago that he would probably pass the reins to someone else if the stadium project failed, as now looks likely.

That's where your wrong taffy, he said he will continue to invest in the club even if he takes a step back. Not to mention the Sainsbury news doesn't mean anything, it's a recommendation, and plenty of those have been ignored already in this saga.

Stop trying to wind people up, and don't worry it's only a matter of time before your joke of a club falls flat on it's face again.

The and stadium are part of the same group. It's wrong to say the club are tenants, as the only reason club and ground are treated differently is o prevent it being lozenge the football club goes bust.

The club doesn't own Ashton Gate now, does it? The football club are merely tenants, is my interpretation of the accounts etc.

Also, if Sainsbury's application is refused, it doesn't necessarily mean the end of the new stadium. Presumably, SL can persaude a housebuilder to build some swanky new flats there instead? Granted, that may not make as much money as selling to Sainsburys, but presumably there's still money to be made from selling AG to somebody?

Here you go Mr Wurzel.

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2207111,00.html

Q I've read and heard fans saying a number of times that if the stadium doesn't go ahead, that's it, Mr Lansdown will be off...are you saying that's not the case then?

A I won't leave this football club in the lurch. I'd be very disappointed if we don't get the stadium; I've set my heart on it. I think it's right for this football club. I don't see a great future in mulling along at Ashton Gate.

If [the new stadium] doesn't go ahead I will look at getting things set up properly to hand on to somebody going forward to do what I haven't been able to achieve. But I haven't failed yet so I think that's a bit premature.

I didn't say he wouldn't continue to invest did I Einstein? You people are so touchy. I think the lack of success off and on the field is getting to you a bit.

Here you go Mr Sheep botherer

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10327~53190,00.html

I just don't understand why people would want to spend so much of their time on someone elses forum.

As i understand it nothing has changed with our stadium plans, so go back to worrying about your own Lego set new stadium . Got that now Einstein? :innocent06: x

Two things worth bearing in mind:

1. SL sold a lot of shares a little while back (£50m)? According to an interveiew in the Sunday Times it was primarily to free up cash for other investments.

2. The HL share price has got up steeply over the year. PH will obviously benefit more from this than SL since his holding is now much greater.

3. SL has shown a huge commitment to BCFC, monetarily and otherwise, but he hasn't put anything like £400m into it.

4. SL announced a little ago that he would probably pass the reins to someone else if the stadium project failed, as now looks likely.

I know he hasn't put anything like £400 million into the club, I never said he did! I was saying that as a result of funds he took out to use for the new stadium, the shares have since gone on alot and so therefore, drawing out £50 million has cost him an awful lot more than £50 million for his beloved Bristol City.

He is to be admired, but because of the share price performance, it has cost him alot of upside reward

Seem to have wandered off your point a bit haven't you? I'll take that as an acceptance of defeat. You're used to that.

I agree nothing has changed regarding your stadium recently. You still haven't got one and you still don't look like getting one. :innocent06:

By the way does this ring any bells?

http://news.bbc.co.u...v_1/8470722.stm

You can even enjoy watching those goals go in all over again. I seem to remember SL holding a special press conference after that one to apologise to you fans. :dancing6:

By the way, how's your neck? Must be quite sore from peering up to 2nd from 19th. :dancing6:

The council own your stadium, your just tenants.....

As for results between us, who has the overall command this season?.

Baaaaardiff City 3-2 Bristol City

Bristol City 3-0 Baaaaaaaaardiff City

The 6-0 result is history...........................just like your promotion hopes.

BCAGFC

Havent strayed from my point in slightest. My point was correctting you when u said Stadium dream was over and that SL would walk away. Neither of which is true.

How did i know you pull up that game? So predictable! Very poor.

Better off staying on your own forum cos you look a flustered suddenly, or maybe we could change the subject to rugby?

Re Sainsburys......

NOTHING HAS BEEN REFUSED, NOTHING HAS BEEN CONSIDERED BY COUNCIL YET!

OK so we know a small (£2.5k worth) of independant accessment (by no means can it be descibed as in depth or conprehensive) of the impact a new Sainsburys may have has concluded the impact may be negative for areas affected. The conclusions will obviously have to be considered (when the time comes) but they are not binding in any shape or form (unlike the Village green report for instance) & will form part of many pros & cons the council planning authority will have to consider before making a final decision either way.

It's obviously not good news for us but it aint the be all & end all of anything - there will be much more to consider than just (what at £2,500 must be a relatively superficial study) the findings of this one study/consultancy indicates.

In fact, on the face of it the proposals Sainsburys have for what seems to be or could be called a 'mini regeneration package' for Bedminster & its local employment creation appears equally (I'd say more) compelling in a positive sense than the negativity of the study reported by this consultancy...

IT AINT OVER BY ANYMEANS YET - SAINSBURYS CAN STILL GET THE GREEN LIGHT ON THIS!! :fingerscrossed:

(public representations in support of (or against) the application must be (& will be)considered by the planners - so if you've a valid point (in planning terms) on the subject, make sure you have your say, put it in writing & submit it !! )

I have NEVER seen a more backward looking city in so many ways. Various councils have done their level best to **** up City, the sadsags AND Bristol rugby from improving their grounds/getting new stadia. What the **** is it about Bristol.

If Stadium MK can be built in 7 years in a City with NO repeat NO football tradition, what the **** is it about down there???? 6th ? biggest city with two of the worst grounds in their respective divisions, its ****** embarrassing....

Seem to have wandered off your point a bit haven't you? I'll take that as an acceptance of defeat. You're used to that.

I agree nothing has changed regarding your stadium recently. You still haven't got one

and you still don't look like getting one. :innocent06:

By the way does this ring any bells?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8470722.stm

You can even enjoy watching those goals go in all over again. I seem to remember SL holding a special press conference after that one to apologise to you fans. :dancing6:

By the way, how's your neck? Must be quite sore from peering up to 2nd from 19th. :dancing6:

It doesn't make any difference if your 2nd at the mo, we all know you will fxxx it up again.;)

Archived