IGNORED

New Stadium

Rob k

Does anyone know the timeline of things to come regarding the new stadium, or when should we hear more news etc and when were likely to get a definitive answer on weather we can build or not?

The more I read the more I don't think it will happen but I must confess I don't understand all these reports etc and what they mean??

Thanks

Most things seem lined up against it being built the latest Sainsbury report by a independent group to the council have stuck another nail in with warnings of serious loss of trade in the North and East street areas if the new Store goes ahead,then the traffic pollution and traffic flow mob have given dire warnings of percentage increase caused by more customers cars as this is Britains Cycle City flagship that will go against it................................... The behind closed doors meeting with the Ashton Vale protesters is still a no go area for information which comes back to the Village Green issue which most people think can be dragged through the various appeal courts with any loop hole being flagged up and that could put years on any building starting.......................... The costs to both sides in any legal battle would be huge to say nothing of the already plain clear arguement that apart from a few games City can't sell out the old Ashton Gate venue,,,, business and council support seems to of dropped off since the World cup bid balls-up it looks alround like a big no,no,no to Ashton Vale ......

Most things seem lined up against it being built the latest Sainsbury report by a independent group to the council have stuck another nail in with warnings of serious loss of trade in the North and East street areas if the new Store goes ahead,then the traffic pollution and traffic flow mob have given dire warnings of percentage increase caused by more customers cars as this is Britains Cycle City flagship that will go against it................................... The behind closed doors meeting with the Ashton Vale protesters is still a no go area for information which comes back to the Village Green issue which most people think can be dragged through the various appeal courts with any loop hole being flagged up and that could put years on any building starting.......................... The costs to both sides in any legal battle would be huge to say nothing of the already plain clear arguement that apart from a few games City can't sell out the old Ashton Gate venue,,,, business and council support seems to of dropped off since the World cup bid balls-up it looks alround like a big no,no,no to Ashton Vale ......

The report came from a GREEN PIECE councilor!

You would not expect any other answer!

Like Iv'e said before ALDI is in North Street, and ASDA is in East Street. Sainsburys is in the same area!

They say about traffic congestion, but then give permission for the Gash to build the ground there. ((From 10,000 to 18,000 seater Stadium) The Area at Bishopston can not cope now!

ONE RULE FOR ONE AND ONE RULE FOR ANOTHER!!!!

The whole scheme seems to be dogged by tree hugging,liberal save the planet busy bodies as you point out its no surprise as to the reports findings ,the airport when under the councils control did nothing always plans to increase the runway build more terminals result bugger all normal nimby reaction the noise, the pollution, the traffic,anything to keep the status quo .......................................... I just can't see this being built i'm sure the Rovers only got permission because they knew that it was all a pile of bullshit and like all of their grand ideas f##k all will happen ....

The report came from a GREEN PIECE councilor!

You would not expect any other answer!

Like Iv'e said before ALDI is in North Street, and ASDA is in East Street. Sainsburys is in the same area!

They say about traffic congestion, but then give permission for the Gash to build the ground there. ((From 10,000 to 18,000 seater Stadium) The Area at Bishopston can not cope now!

ONE RULE FOR ONE AND ONE RULE FOR ANOTHER!!!!

This is true,I live off of Filton Avenue and when the sags are at home the traffic is quite bad and thats with crowds of 5000,the thought of 18000[not that its likely to ever happen]dose not bear thinking about,it would be gridlocked.

Archived