IGNORED

Some Perspective.

Davros

Clearly the selectivism here is something to behold, on the grounds that, you are either deliberately spinning what I've said for some kind of weird point scoring thing as what has been said is clearly visible in the thread or, you are being completely obtuse for the sake of it.

To re iterate, i have used a number of things to question the OP's point about an upturn in form, and that is it.

You have firstly gone on about that my pointing out that our current form is negative somehow, but will not justify your assertion as to why this is the case. I'm assuming that there is some reason as to why, saying our last 5 games we have won 1 and lost four is considered being negative, but Ill be damned if I can find it. It's a factual statement.

Then in the post quoted above. You state why have I used a win percentage and ignored draws. You may want to reread this part of my prior post again

The 2nd point you mention with regards to playing top teams.. I refer you again to our previous 13 games ( mentioned in several posts now that are ignored for your own agenda) which is equivalent to approximately 1/3rd of the season. There are 24 teams in the Champs, This is equivalent of playing over half of them once. This is hardly as you said "take our recent form playing against the top teams and call it representative of the remainder of the season.. Again negative" is it?

Its saying if we play the next 13 as if we have done the previous 13 then we will end up on 42 points or thereabouts. I'm not sure what argument or disagreement you want to have about saying if we do this then we will end up on these points? but you seem to thing this is inherently negative again without any justification on your part.

The 3rd part you mention is regarding me ignoring that our run is 'easier' than other teams. Ill state it again in case you missed it. Its quite simple. I dont care what the other teams do as long as we start to buck up our ideas, and start to win and draw our own games rather than paying attention to how 'bad' someone else's run in is so we stay up. Us gambling on other teams results to stay up means that we will have survived through default, and not addressed any of the issues on or off the pitch that currently plague the team.

I would like to see you quantify how by any means that is negative.

Thus far you have put words in my mouth tried to read between some imaginary lines as to what I've said being some how negative. I would now like you show how this is negative rather than merely assuming it is so and putting it accross as being truth, purposely misrepresenting what I have said

Many Thanks

RMLF

Can I ask what the point was in calculating a win percentage and quoting it as opposed to calculating a points per game ratio.

Can I ask why you are taking the previous 13 games when there are 14 left to play? mistake or the fact that including the Sheffield win would not give you the answer you want.

Actually to be fair, you have said that 13 is half of the championship (excluding us) and whereas I cant argue with that as a fact, I struggle with the logic as we both know those 13 games have included the majority of the top teams and following on from that....

Can I ask why you refuse to accept that we are going to be playing weaker opposition (yes generally speaking) than those in the 13 games we have just played, which on paper gives us a better chance of picking up points

OK, maybe I got it wrong and have misread the intent on your original statement and you are in fact being positive.. if that's the case I apologise.

ashton vale you sound like Millen in disguise, regardless of who we have played lately and where they are in the league our current form is crap and shows no sign of improving under the current regime

No not Keef in disguise, merely someone who wants to offer an alternate view to the some of the crap that gets posted on this forum..

Yes our form in the last 13 games has been crap, anyone with a brain can see that..

However;.. I'm hoping our form will improve over the next eight weeks as we start to play weaker teams.

It may not happen we may not pick up the points needed.. and if we don't then we will go down..

But while it is in the balance I will do all I can to encourage the team and the management to get to safety.

Its all too easy too be negative.. I choose not to be...

Hi,

Regarding your points, Harry has already been through this with you here regarding results vs the top teams and indeed the lower ones and confirms part of the rest of the season points under Millen here It would be churlish going through them again. Win percentage is important as it shows the likely frequency of wins based on the entire number of matches held. Currently Millen has a worse record than Wilson, GJ, Tinnion, and Pulis :/ Afaik in terms of games won over games managed

I'm taking 13 games because it was a nice figure to use ( unlucky for some! :P ), Is there another figure you want to consider... taking our last 14 games we have scored 14 and conceded 23 ( take out our game where we scored four that's scored 10 and conceded 23 over 13 games) either way, we are struggling to score and have been since the beginning of December, 3 months on and nothing has changed, and we have been through a transfer window since. we are scoring on average 1 goal a game, ( around 0.76 if I got the maths right without the Preston game) and conceding nearly 2 a game on average.

I'm not taking any other teams into consideration, because it doesnt matter what they do. It should be and is all about us and what we do. As I said there's not much credence to be had that we end up staying in the league because other teams are worse than us, not because we have stayed up on merit. It ignores a multitude of sins and doesnt solve any issues either.

I think thats me done here as I dont want to repeat myself again

Cheers

You dont need to repeat yourself, I got all your points (I dont agree with them) .. read my post to awilco.. up to you what you do from here!!

No not Keef in disguise, merely someone who wants to offer an alternate view to the some of the crap that gets posted on this forum..

Yes our form in the last 13 games has been crap, anyone with a brain can see that..

However;.. I'm hoping our form will improve over the next eight weeks as we start to play weaker teams.

It may not happen we may not pick up the points needed.. and if we don't then we will go down..

But while it is in the balance I will do all I can to encourage the team and the management to get to safety.

Its all too easy too be negative.. I choose not to be...

Weaker than whom? Certainly not weaker than us unless you are among those who think we are some kind of big club and Keith is the new Guardiola. It is exactly this kind of complacency that threatens our survival. The players have shown as much in a number of games (Preston, Palace and Boro at home, Hull away and Sheff Wed in the cup for instance) when even timid Keith has criticised them for thinking they just had to turn up to win. If they are arrogant enough again to think Scunny will be easy we will lose. Then we will be in the mire. Is Keith enough of a motivator to prevent that? We shall see.:fingerscrossed:

Weaker than whom? Certainly not weaker than us unless you are among those who think we are some kind of big club and Keith is the new Guardiola. It is exactly this kind of complacency that threatens our survival. The players have shown as much in a number of games (Preston, Palace and Boro at home, Hull away and Sheff Wed in the cup for instance) when even timid Keith has criticised them for thinking they just had to turn up to win. If they are arrogant enough again to think Scunny will be easy we will lose. Then we will be in the mire. Is Keith enough of a motivator to prevent that? We shall see.:fingerscrossed:

Weaker that the teams we have played in the last 13 games..

And if we dont pick up points against those teams then its a one way track to L1

Archived