IGNORED

Stead

red colin

now for some positive thinking.....not sure when jon stead is due back but we have sorely missed his work rate and his goals, now im thinking we will have maynard fully ready and stead both available for at least the last poss 9 or 1o games, that is a big plus coming our way and i think that will be enough to get us over the line, get this disaster of a season behind us and roll on next season.

:fingerscrossed:

now for some positive thinking.....not sure when jon stead is due back but we have sorely missed his work rate and his goals, now im thinking we will have maynard fully ready and stead both available for at least the last poss 9 or 1o games, that is a big plus coming our way and i think that will be enough to get us over the line, get this disaster of a season behind us and roll on next season.

That would be nice!:fingerscrossed:

love all the positivity on this site-no wonder we are where we are

Sorry mate Im one of few with their heads on properly if you look at my past posts.

My reason for saying so is simple. Where ever JS has gone over his career his first couples of months at his new club goes very well for him and is a big impact player.

But, after so he wears off and simply vanishes. And this comes from Sunderland fans, Sheff Utd fans and Ipswich fans I know.

Before he got injured he was starting to lose that form and I feel Stead will not play the same as he once did for us. Thus why I did not want him signed in the summer. Can't see him starting many games with Maynard, Pitman, and Keogh being in contention.

Sorry mate Im one of few with their heads on properly if you look at my past posts.

My reason for saying so is simple. Where ever JS has gone over his career his first couples of months at his new club goes very well for him and is a big impact player.

But, after so he wears off and simply vanishes. And this comes from Sunderland fans, Sheff Utd fans and Ipswich fans I know.

Before he got injured he was starting to lose that form and I feel Stead will not play the same as he once did for us. Thus why I did not want him signed in the summer. Can't see him starting many games with Maynard, Pitman, and Keogh being in contention.

I can sort of see where you're coming from. I don't think that Stead will score ridiculous amounts of goals for us, but he's not an out and out goalscorer. However, if he puts in half the effort and half as good performances when he's back as he has done before this injury, we'll still have one hell of a player. Certain players also suit certain clubs and he'll hopefully find his best form here. We will need balance at top and that would mean either JS or Keogh playing along side NM or BP. IMO, JS and Nicky would be the most obvious choice, but the other 2 would be pretty awesome cover for this level.

I can sort of see where you're coming from. I don't think that Stead will score ridiculous amounts of goals for us, but he's not an out and out goalscorer. However, if he puts in half the effort and half as good performances when he's back as he has done before this injury, we'll still have one hell of a player. Certain players also suit certain clubs and he'll hopefully find his best form here. We will need balance at top and that would mean either JS or Keogh playing along side NM or BP. IMO, JS and Nicky would be the most obvious choice, but the other 2 would be pretty awesome cover for this level.

NM and JS does potentially sound nice. Were just have to hope JS does keep that form going from the start of the season.

NM and JS does potentially sound nice. Were just have to hope JS does keep that form going from the start of the season.

And that Nicky Maynard signs a contract extention with us for next season as he'll be in his last year and we dont want to lose him on a free! so if he doesnt sign we will need to sale.

I think this was due to the fact he was playing with an injury and then hence the reason for the operation.

Archived