IGNORED

Lansdown Says

gordie

His latest post on the OS is a desperate cry for fans to get behind us and states we need 6 wins to stay up. I'm struggling to see 3 or 4 myself. Say's we have to stay up to achieve our goals and get to the Premier League.

I personally feel it's all these new stadium and Premier League nonsense which has got us in the position we are in now. Next year we need to build a team of work horses who will do a job. No fancy players with Premier League aspirations but a group of lads more than capable of mid table and then build up gradually.

His latest post on the OS is a desperate cry for fans to get behind us and states we need 6 wins to stay up. I'm struggling to see 3 or 4 myself. Say's we have to stay up to achieve our goals and get to the Premier League.

I personally feel it's all these new stadium and Premier League nonsense which has got us in the position we are in now. Next year we need to build a team of work horses who will do a job. No fancy players with Premier League aspirations but a group of lads more than capable of mid table and then build up gradually.

We have/have had a team of workhorses it only works to a certain extent and is so mind numbling boring to watch.....

We need ot take a leaf out of the Swansea or Norwich/Leeds book, attack, attack, attack, score more than your opponents.

BCAGFC

I disagree with the vast majorty of this post. I dont think SL's post was desperate. He is a passionate fan of the club he says the team needs the support more than anything, which I completely agree with. I dont think we can say (as fans) that we have always fully supported the team this season as AG has been flat for the majority of the season.

I dont think the stadium or 'PL nonsense' has anything to do with the position we are in. The stadium and the team are separate entities and if anything, the idea of playing in a sparkly new stadium should spur on the team. Dont see how it would have a negative affect on how they play.

And no fancy players with PL aspirations? We need players are aspire to play in the prem, it shows determination and that they share the goals of the fans, the chairman and the club.

I do agree that we need a squad capable of mid table (although I do feel we have this) and we should build gradually. Although the vast majority of posters here will not be happy with building gradually as they expect instant success.

I think we have some really good players, but Millen is not doing the basics and playing the players in their right positions

With an experienced manager I dont think we would have a problem

As for SL saying get behind the team we have been!

But i'm afraid a lot of the fans have given up. (Just look at how many went to the Foxes.)

STEVE if we lose or draw with Scunny then KM has to step down!

Then we will have one more chance with another EXPERIENCED manager who will hopefully put the confidence back in them.

3 or 4 wins are you mental I see 2 before sunday!

I think we have some really good players, but Millen is not doing the basics and playing the players in their right positions

With an experienced manager I dont think we would have a problem

As for SL saying get behind the team we have been!

But i'm afraid a lot of the fans have given up. (Just look at how many went to the Foxes.)

STEVE if we lose or draw with Scunny then KM has to step down!

Then we will have one more chance with another EXPERIENCED manager who will hopefully put the confidence back in them.

An experienced manager, like Micky Adams? He may yet be our saviour :pray: At this stage of the season, changing manager would be a huge gamble.

I disagree with the vast majorty of this post. I dont think SL's post was desperate. He is a passionate fan of the club he says the team needs the support more than anything, which I completely agree with. I dont think we can say (as fans) that we have always fully supported the team this season as AG has been flat for the majority of the season.

I dont think the stadium or 'PL nonsense' has anything to do with the position we are in. The stadium and the team are separate entities and if anything, the idea of playing in a sparkly new stadium should spur on the team. Dont see how it would have a negative affect on how they play.

And no fancy players with PL aspirations? We need players are aspire to play in the prem, it shows determination and that they share the goals of the fans, the chairman and the club.

I do agree that we need a squad capable of mid table (although I do feel we have this) and we should build gradually. Although the vast majority of posters here will not be happy with building gradually as they expect instant success.

I agree..........but now is not the time ........to me Lansdown basically says ....."we are where we are so lets forget everything else for rest of this season and concentrate on staying in the CCC cos thats whats important - if we aren't there then we can't go anywhere"

And what are some of the first posts ?..........................same old we should do this...we should be doing that - type comments that he is asking us to stop in order to get behind team and ensure we stay up :doh:

Not knocking the posters....:surrender: all entitled to opinions....I have moaned about the team myself this season....but please listen to what he is actually saying and stop the knocking...OUR CLUB needs us...regardless of if you think the team or manager or stewards or tea lady or whatever currently deserve us or not

Its time my brothers & sisters to dig deep & support ....regardless :dancing6:

An experienced manager, like Micky Adams? He may yet be our saviour :pray: At this stage of the season, changing manager would be a huge gamble.

Who said Adams

CURBISHLEY is still out there

Advertise and see who wants it.

I hope KM proves me wrong

But I know he wont

If we stay up theres nothing to look forward to next season for ME.

Who said Adams

But I know he wont

Teams who change their manager at this stage of the season more or less get religated it does not help get over it.

Who said Adams

But I know he wont

Sorry - I said Adams, but didn't think I'd need to spell it out.

I used him as an example of a so called "experienced" manager - he was brought in to save Sheff Utd and hasn't yet notched up a win.

I said he could be our saviour - but this would happen by him staying at Bramall Lane and taking Sheff Utd down. However bad we are, we won't go down if there are three teams even worse than us :fingerscrossed:

I also said that changing manager now would be a huge gamble.

So - for the avoidance of doubt - I am not arguing that we should bring in Adams (or anyone else, including Curbishley, Sven, O'Driscoll, Tisdale, McLaren). The only manager I'd welcome at this stage of the season would be Moyes. He wouldn't come, and the upheaval might still us relegated, but .....

I don't know, it seems that Steve can't win. He gets accused of being 'desperate' if he comes out and issues a rally cry, but if he says nothing people say he has 'lost interest and wants out'. :dunno:

Your right Em, but its sqeaky bum time, and we have been dragged back into the dogfight again. Dont think some fans will see it Steves way anymore no matter what hes done. He has still got 90% of things spot on,but I dont have much faith in Millen, and I really dont like the thought of those highlights of League 1 Rochdale, ' Tranny R etc etc.....tis gonna have an impact all ways up

Archived