IGNORED

Ashton Gate This Morning

WestburyRed

Left my house at 7:30 this morning and I'm home already. Considering it takes me an hour to drive each way I'm pretty happy. Joined the end of the queue (half way down the back of the Dolman) at 8:35, just as they were opening up. 10 minutes later a steward comes along with a seat map and loads of advice, he basically talked to us all individually and advised us what to do depending on what seats we fancied.

So, got to the front and I tell the guy I will have some £32 behind the goal tickets and he sends me off to the Atyeo Ticket Office, only one person in each queue, two minutes later I'm done. (total queue time for me approx 30 minutes)

To my suprise the choice of seating was pretty impressive, you could choose exactly what block you wanted from the ones available (345 tickets at £40 along the side still left this morning at 9am), I pretty much specified where I wanted to sit, and ended up just 6 rows above where I was sat at the LDV (which is where I wanted)

Good stuff, everyone was pretty happy, good bit of conversation between strangers in the queue. Stewards were helpful and had a sense of humour. It's all good.

agreed, got to AG at 8.50am and the que was just past the dolman bar, que moving quite fast and then the steward mentioned that there was another que for £32 tickets so i jumped in that que and the was about 2 people on buying tickets,home by 9.40, excellent news :D

Yep. Also got mine this morning. I had a funny feeling that yesterday would be a mare, so nipped down there about half seven, sorted out seating plan with the steward, just time for a bacon roll and hey presto - ticket booths open at 8:30.

Nice to see Richard Gould up and about early on as well, talking to fans reagrding ticketing issues.

Just nipped into the office now and booked train tickets as well.

Time to go home.....

Yeah, i joined the que at around 8.40 am it was backed up to around 1/3 - 1/2 of the Dolman stand and moved along quite swiftly, the stewards were very chatty and helpful, and the seating layouts they had were a life saver! I'm soo glad i went this morning and not yesterday, apparently the que was backed up all the way past the East End/Wedlock stand, quite believeable due to the high volume of litter backed up to that point!,.... KFC must of had a good un that day!! :D

Anyway got my tickets in a tidy 30mins! Well done City Staff

• Admin

My brother popped out at 11.05 today and was home by 11.30 (6-7 mins drive each way).

Whenever we have a big game though it's always the same. You can either queue and get better tickets on day 1 (followed by moans about the club's organisation) or wait till day 2 and get slightly worse tickets with next to no queueing time (followed by praise about the club's organisation).

Archived