IGNORED

Illogical Wedlock St Sales

Andrew_V1

Ok, so here's the scenario

I go into club shop today and as a member purchase entry to the east end for saturday's crunch showdown against scunny - This was after I had to point out to the staff members ARE allowed into the stand.

Anyway then I also request to purchase a season ticket in the eastend for the next campaign to be told "Renewals Only as we need to ensure the set allocation isn't maxed out"

No, just how on earth can the max allocation be currently filled if I can friggin buy tickets to one off games in the very same stand?

A £245 season ticket in the east end is the ONLY way I can afford it next season and it seems slightly unreasonable that I cannot purchase one.

Hopefully there is a logical answer for this but I fear not.

The way the club treat fans who are both in the Eastend and fans that want to go in the Eastend is unacceptable. Why should it be any different to other parts of the ground? Yes I know it's close to away fans, but there's not exactly trouble every week is there! If there's a max number in there then fine, but at the moment what do the club give the Eastend 3 blocks worth? (albeit sometimes squashed into 2 or spaces out over 4). But there's loads of empty seats in there, and not everyone is going to renew, so why not put a couple of hundred or so on sale? Just to feel these empty seats, then even if all the current ST holders do renew, it won't have gone over the max number.

You won't be allowed to but a ST in there for next season unless you're renewing, it's the way they've always done it, renewals first and "first-time" after, this season I bought one in the EE for the "first-time" and paid £315, now I gets the chance to buy one for £245, just a way of rewarding loyalty??

You won't be allowed to but a ST in there for next season unless you're renewing, it's the way they've always done it, renewals first and "first-time" after, this season I bought one in the EE for the "first-time" and paid £315, now I gets the chance to buy one for £245, just a way of rewarding loyalty??

Irony being that I had an Eastend ST for 2 seasons conescutive up till this when I literally couldn't afford it, and now the price has gone down to a level I can afford again it's a case of tough s**t it seems. Ho hum I can not renew at the new buyer price after the early bird offer and I cannot afford the Ateyo. Looks like my money will be being used elsewhere apart from 1 or 2 POTDs a month tops

In answer to the original question, is it to do with the number of away fans? They have to allow for a maximum of 2000 - as per Leeds - cos that's league rules. That leaves ?000 seats in the home section - all sold as season tickets. So, possibly, if you'd tried to get a ticket as a member for that game then you'd be told no cos its all season tickets.

I assume Scunny won't bring 2000, so the capacity in the home section will increase, therefore non season ticket holders can buy for that match..

Not sure about that - but just a thought. I don't suppose that the club deliberatley set out to irritate of turn away fans.

What annoys me though, is that the club have said seat transfers going into the Eastend cannot take place until May. This means I can't by early, and have to fork out even more money!

i had to do this a couple of seasons back,pay full price for me

and my son for season tickets in dolman,

then when time was right swap for ee,

did get the difference paid back mind,

well worth it in the end,

you can even sing in the ee mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had to do this a couple of seasons back,pay full price for me

and my son for season tickets in dolman,

then when time was right swap for ee,

did get the difference paid back mind,

well worth it in the end,

you can even sing in the ee mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very frustrating, but I should still be in the Eastend next year :D so do I just have to wait until May and then ring the ticket office saying I'd like to transfer?

Irony being that I had an Eastend ST for 2 seasons conescutive up till this when I literally couldn't afford it, and now the price has gone down to a level I can afford again it's a case of tough s**t it seems. Ho hum I can not renew at the new buyer price after the early bird offer and I cannot afford the Ateyo. Looks like my money will be being used elsewhere apart from 1 or 2 POTDs a month tops

Grossly unfair, I agree.

I still dont get why the noisest stand cos of the low roof is the one thats split. Stick away fans in the dolman by the EE, front tier, very few sit there anyway. A few barriers and its on.

Interesting, that would allow for 5,500 cider heads but how many who would go in there would be there to stand and sing??

I still dont get why the noisest stand cos of the low roof is the one thats split. Stick away fans in the dolman by the EE, front tier, very few sit there anyway. A few barriers and its on.

Aaaahhh those halcyon days in the Eastend singing "Russell Osman's purple army" (why I don't know, seeing we were at home), when inflatable hammers and middle partings were all the rage.

Like that would work, Atyeo or Williams i can understand, but the dolman lower tier.If it had a row of boxes like wolves had, then it could work but not as it is now.

The suggestion for away fans . Lower Dolman may well do it, but isn't that the Family Stand? Where would that be relocated to, the Williams or the Atyeo?

Would be great to have only the home fans in the part of the ground with the best acoustics though! Not just that but then they could sell tickets on the day for it too!

The suggestion for away fans . Lower Dolman may well do it, but isn't that the Family Stand? Where would that be relocated to, the Williams or the Atyeo?

Would be great to have only the home fans in the part of the ground with the best acoustics though! Not just that but then they could sell tickets on the day for it too!

But it wouldn't, that would leave no kiosks for home fans, what about turnstiles? Toilets?

The police like having the east end was the away fans, its easy to chuck away fans out into the car park, which is easier to control than putting away fans in a bottleneck somewhere.

Good shout black netting in-between two sections of the Dolmain up and lower problem solved. But big games Dolmain upper always sells out first best view of the game health and safety missiles coming down on away fans.

Good shout black netting in-between two sections of the Dolmain up and lower problem solved. But big games Dolmain upper always sells out first best view of the game health and safety missiles coming down on away fans.

Access to the Dolman would also be a hurdle. You'd have to have the entire home fans enter from the Atyeo end, not happening.

Lower Williams should be the family area, then again how crazy the managers/Coaches/players go on the touchline better of putting them in the East End hear less language, family area's in football is a hard one for me, you imo take your child to a situation they are prepared for any area of the ground a first time child is going to hear or see something they have never seen before, whilst i don't condone it unfortuntly its football in ageing grounds, maybe with a state of the art new stadium with clear family area's this will encourage more family's but then again i wanted to take my kids to a state of the art music arena at Temple Meads.

Archived