IGNORED

Rooney Gets Away With It Again

Tunneller

How does Rooney get away with violent conduct with his elbow to the head of a Wigan player. Should have been sent off!!!

Good role model or what? I wonder what would have happended if it was a City player!!

Seems to me these so called top players have their own rules

Notwithstanding the fact that he should not have elbowed the player, the fault this time lies with the ref: if he awarded a free kick (which I believe he did), he must then have seen the incident or had it alerted to him by the linesman, so how on earth could he conclude it was not a red or at least worthy of a booking?

And, if you are bemoaning top players for not being good role models, sorry to break it to you, but they are, in the main, far from it.

How does Rooney get away with violent conduct with his elbow to the head of a Wigan player. Should have been sent off!!!

Good role model or what? I wonder what would have happended if it was a City player!!

Seems to me these so called top players have their own rules

the same way as barry Ferguson is goin to get away with twating the arsenal defender when he had sunk to his knees after his cock up which lead to there winner

the same way as barry Ferguson is goin to get away with twating the arsenal defender when he had sunk to his knees after his cock up which lead to there winner

Do you remember Van Nistelroy penalty vs arsenal a few years ago. He missed and about 6 arsenal players pushed him and belittled him. They were also not punished

Do you remember Van Nistelroy penalty vs arsenal a few years ago. He missed and about 6 arsenal players pushed him and belittled him. They were also not punished

remember it well the fa are a law unto themselves i personally think rooney should be punished ,but for those making it out to be a man u get away with every thing is ridiculous

I think he should have been sent off because that is the rule. However I don't think it should be the rule. He didn't exactly go up and punch him in the face. I have watched it and (I should mention at this point I hate Man U and despise Rooney even more) I genuinely believe he was unfairly trying to push his way past the player NOT intentionally elbowig him in the head. I think that this should only be free kick in the rulebook. However that is NOT the rule so the idiot should have been sent off.

remember it well the fa are a law unto themselves i personally think rooney should be punished ,but for those making it out to be a man u get away with every thing is ridiculous

Apart from the fact that Gary Neville also should have been sent off twice this season (Stoke and West Brom) and a penalty should have been awarded on the second occasion as well and of course he wasn't and it wasn't.

Then there was the blatant penalty that Blackpool were denied when they were two up, the Nani "handball" goal against Spurs, etc,etc,etc.

You keep believing Man U aren't obviously favoured by referees if you like, my eyes are telling me something else.......

Apart from the fact that Gary Neville also should have been sent off twice this season (Stoke and West Brom) and a penalty should have been awarded on the second occasion as well and of course he wasn't and it wasn't.

Then there was the blatant penalty that Blackpool were denied when they were two up, the Nani "handball" goal against Spurs, etc,etc,etc.

You keep believing Man U aren't obviously favoured by referees if you like, my eyes are telling me something else.......

For balance, also consider the two games v Chelsea last season when United were on the receiving end of very poor decisions from the officials, the result of which arguably cost them the league: whilst it is easy to point to cases where decisions have gone in their favour, some digging will also present those that go against them.

no not ur eyes its your brain i not gona start reeling off the list but lets just say when things seem to go man u,s way thats all people ever seem to remember its the same as you dont ever get a peno at ot u do if its a pen simple as that realy

For balance, also consider the two games v Chelsea last season when United were on the receiving end of very poor decisions from the officials, the result of which arguably cost them the league: whilst it is easy to point to cases where decisions have gone in their favour, some digging will also present those that go against them.

First game yes granted that was a foul and should have been a draw. Second although the decisive goal was offside, it is worth remembering that Man Utd's goal in that game involved a handball so may still have finished 1-0 as both sides scored an illegitimate goal. Graham C raises some good points though IMO- WBA and Blackpool away spring to mind, though on the other hand in a similar vein to this Gerrard also got away with two elbows...

There was a 21 man brawl at macclesfield and i have no idea how many other violent incidents across professional matches all across this land and wayne rooney is the person chosen on here and in the press to be strung up. Anyone would think he'd shot someone or something...

Well, on the general Man Utd referee thing, they seemed to be a tad screwed over at Chelsea. Perhaps it does even out, though that will be of little consolation to Blackpool, Stoke or West Brom- regarding the Rooney thing probably wouldn't have made much difference in the context of the game in any case.

i may be alone in thinking that rooney is the most over rated player in the whole prem. he seems to play for man u and england on reputation rather than quality on the pitch. not fit to lace shearers boots imo.

You would certainly be alone if in a room only with me and you. He may be presently lumbering around the pitch with a face like a slapped arse, and body language to match, but the most over-rated player? Hell, no.

Archived