IGNORED

Realistic Summer Targets?

CITYRED

Providing we stay in the Championship, we will need to strengthen our squad to push for the play-offs next season.

To push for the play-offs, we will need a LB, CM and CB. All of good championship quality.

Which realistic targets could we go for?

nudie red, you post a lot about claiming to be ITK but i can't remember you getting one right. please correct me if i'm wrong.

I've never actually said for sure I know who's coming and who's going out. Just said what I was told, which was ofcourse wrong. So instead I see no reason to post transfer rumours anymore as there pratically wrong.

The only reason I say this because City were on the verge of signing Jones. He's a free transfer in the summer and I would not be surprised if a contract offer was already agreed with Billy Jones.

I am more in the know of what goes on in the dressing room, and Donald can back me up on that.

I've never actually said for sure I know who's coming and who's going out. Just said what I was told, which was ofcourse wrong. So instead I see no reason to post transfer rumours anymore as there pratically wrong.

The only reason I say this because City were on the verge of signing Jones. He's a free transfer in the summer and I would not be surprised if a contract offer was already agreed with Billy Jones.

I am more in the know of what goes on in the dressing room, and Donald can back me up on that.

sorry if my post sounded rude i was just curious, i can also see jones signing given our pursuit of him in january however surely we can't sign him until theres less than one month left on his contract. if we're in talks could that not be seen as an illegal tap up?

sorry if my post sounded rude i was just curious, i can also see jones signing given our pursuit of him in january however surely we can't sign him until theres less than one month left on his contract. if we're in talks could that not be seen as an illegal tap up?

No problem Hinsleburg!, Not sure really because his contract does actually expire at the end of the season and I don't think he really wanted an extension to it anyway, I believe KM did say something about looking at him again come summer I believe?

In my eyes it's not tapping but more or less Preston helping him find a new club.

Jones-Preston

Harley- Exeter

Caulker-loan to buy if promoted

Spence-Loan to buy (if he's any good)

Perhaps you should change your user name to BCFCnot in the knowman?? :rolleyes:

Harley has already signed for the Swans and both Caulker and Spence are not for sale at any price - their clubs have made that very clear? As for Jones, let's hope so but I guess we can only dream that we improve the quality within our squad!!?

Providing we stay in the Championship, we will need to strengthen our squad to push for the play-offs next season.

To push for the play-offs, we will need a LB, CM and CB. All of good championship quality.

Which realistic targets could we go for?

NONE; Millie has already come out and said he wants to do all his business before the summer.

Whoever we bring in i hope one of them is Billy Jones. Would give us options at RB, LB and CM. He would be a great coup, 6 goals this season as well. Strong versitile experienced and only 23/24.

Caulker on loan again, Wigleys influence will be key here. Dont think Caulks is ready for the Prem yet so another successful season with us will do him the world of good. Cement a regular place in the Eng U21's then back too Spurs pushing at 20/21.

Tonge or Howard to sit next to Marv/Cisse and would also like see a special player like Busaky/Jordi Gomez added to the ranks.

Milly said in his recent Player interview that he knows who he wants, in and out and are making enquiries as we speak. Hopefully whoever we get will all be here for pre seaon.

I have no idea who we may sign, but I would imagine the usual pattern of watching everyone else sign the players we felt we might be in with a chance with, culminating in us actually getting a few in the two weeks before the season starts. This will give free ammunition to the "The team hasn't had a pre-season to gel" types

Whoever we bring in i hope one of them is Billy Jones. Would give us options at RB, LB and CM. He would be a great coup, 6 goals this season as well. Strong versitile experienced and only 23/24.

Caulker on loan again, Wigleys influence will be key here. Dont think Caulks is ready for the Prem yet so another successful season with us will do him the world of good. Cement a regular place in the Eng U21's then back too Spurs pushing at 20/21.

Tonge or Howard to sit next to Marv/Cisse and would also like see a special player like Busaky/Jordi Gomez added to the ranks.

Milly said in his recent Player interview that he knows who he wants, in and out and are making enquiries as we speak. Hopefully whoever we get will all be here for pre seaon.

Agree completely, all the players mentioned there fit the bill.

Just hope we get some real quality players in, we need them badly, The Championship becoming more competitve on a yearly basis, and I for one do not want to be languishing in the lower regions of the league consistently.

COYR :city:

just cant see caulker here next season, but I can see spence signing permanently if things go well.

I think we have to start be realistic in our targets. We will no doubt say that our aim is Play offs for next season, as will be the target for about about 80-90% of the teams bext season. I'd expect us to go for 3-4 players who are either top performers in smaller championship clubs, young Prem players (prob on season loans), or whom currently play at lower levels. Albert shows there are gems to be found from below, for minimal money.

I think we need to turn our eyes to div 1+2, ensure we get the best from these leagues. Always worth casting your eye over Scottish/foreign leagues, but these tend to seem to carry more risk.

LB/CD(maybe 2?)/CM

I just hope that we can try to move quickly, with players in for start of season, rather than last minute deals.

I think Maynard's future may be key.

If he goes I honestly believe that for the first time in absolutely ages we already have the replacement to our main striker already with us in Pitman and that would allow any expenditure to concentrate on the full back, centre back and central midfielder we'll need if we cannot secore Caulker for another loan.

If Maynard stays I expect us to look for the same 3 positions but will have far less more to play with, so will be looking at Bosmans, League One and the poorer payers in our current division such as Doncaster and Scunny.

You know, as much as I love him, I feel it would be a good idea to sell Nicky in the summer. Only after tying him down to another couple of years to maximise our profit.. maybe 6m is realistic? Millen's already said he wants to build his own team in the summer and be judged after that, and Maynard's sale would obviously help him in doing that.

Then we already have a ready made replacement in Pitman, who is a younger and pretty similar player to Nicky. We also have Stead, and Clarkson (who if he keeps up his current form, is definitely an asset) , and then a loanee on top of that to add a bit more depth up front.

With those profits, we could splash out on the three positions that we really need to without making a loss. I don't expect us to spend all of Nicky's transfer fee by any stretch but if we could get someone like Billy Jones on a free, then spend maybe 2m on a quality CM and another fair bit on a centre back to partner Fontaine (as this is a realistic thread, let's all admit there is no way Caulker's coming back to us!) then I would feel the sale of Nicky had been worth it.

I guess the question is, would we rather have a few quality players or a better quality team??

Archived