IGNORED

The Official Thank You Steve L Thread

redad

So its not the Queen picking names from a silk bag or something? :yawn: I thought it was all secret squirrel stuff, getting black balled, goat killing or whatever. Hmm, Hate to be cynical, but Involved in Football AND the banking sector?! :whistle:

Well, until we nominate we can't know can we? :)

it doesnt mention making large donations to the government to help with funding election campaigns. thats a sure fire way of getting an honour.

My grandad got an MBE. He thought politicians were complete see you next tuesdays and didn't have a penny to donate. Admittedly most of the honours are back door deals but some genuine ones have to get through to disguise them.

My grandad got an MBE. He thought politicians were complete see you next tuesdays and didn't have a penny to donate. Admittedly most of the honours are back door deals but some genuine ones have to get through to disguise them.

sorry wasnt having a pop at anyone who gets one. just making the point that donating to government funds is a way of securing one. Didnt mean it was the only way.

I agree with all the above - Thank you Steve.

We are fortunate enough not have had the comparative shambles of foreign or corrupt ownership like other clubs have had to endure. Whether decisions have paid off or not in the past, we could at least rest assured that they were ade for the right reasons and with the best inerests of BCFC in mind.

Everything Steve has dealt with, from success to dealing with the Wornock/Jordan saga, stadium obsticles, management changes etc etc have always oozed class & dignity in the way they were handled. A role model to us all and I for one will always hold him in the higest regard.

Thanks again Steve.

:englandsmile4wf:

sorry wasnt having a pop at anyone who gets one. just making the point that donating to government funds is a way of securing one. Didnt mean it was the only way.

I didn't take it as one, and agree in the main large donations are good for it. Just that it's good that ordinary people can also use this system with some, albeit small, chance of success.

Just wanted to echo what Nibor and others have said. The word "Great" is often overused; but Steve has been a GREAT Chairman. The media used to talk of Middlesbrough's Steve Gibson as "the best Chairman in England". Well Steve L is up there with him, if not ahead of him now.

Many, many thanks Steve.

Thanks for everything so far Steve. We aint 'arf come on a long way since the unhappy days round the dying days of the Wilson era, when every mothers son queried your commitment.

Here is to the new Stadium

Hope the new board live up to the standards set by yourself...

Great chairman and we have made significant progress during his tenure and he is leaving us in a position where we can progress from.

I hope we see can make the final home game of the season a fitting tribute to stevel.

I can only echo what has been said above and offer a massive thank you for all that you have done for our club Steve.worship2.gifworship2.gifworship2.gif

It truly has been an honour to have you looking after our club, and gave us fans a sense of pride in having you at the helm.

Thank you SL for dragging us up from being the laughing stock to a respected football club once again.

A true legend and one of the few chairman around who is honourable, fair and decent with a true passion for his club .

Thanks Steve for your passion, commitment and substantial financial support.

Having achieved promotion to the Championship I hope that we can now overcome the final hurdle to build a new stadium which will be a fitting legacy to your chairmanship.

Can only echo everthing already said? Whilst I have never been one of the new stadiums greatest advocates I cannot but admire SL's leadership and his desire on that project?

On a footballing front we probably would not be where we are today without SL's input and his money?

Personally I can fully understand his reasons for todays decision and I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU, STEVE - You have been a brilliant chairman.

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

All good things come to an end and its fair to say that Steve Lansdown has been the backbone and public face of BCFC in good and indifferent times,,, Without doubt the greatest chairman alongside Harry Dolman in the clubs history , always ready to promote the club to the bigger footballing and public world his drive to get things done has kept dreams alive when a lesser chairman would have folded.......... Thank you for pushing the club we all love to the brink of the Prem plus the new stadium plan which on hearing the interview seems to be a burning passion for him,, above all Steve Lansdown as said before is that rare thing a chairman with the fan's affection and respect enjoy your background role, retirement and family ..... thank you

Thanks Steve, for your commitment, drive and investment in our club. Wishing you a happy and long retirement

Here, here. May I add that I feel sad that top flight football could not be delivered to Steve Lansdown after all the money, time, and effort he's put into this football club. The same happened to Harry Dolman but I'm sure top flight football isn't far off due to Steve Lansdown's efforts. Thanks Steve as you've laid a very solid platform for this club to progress and be able to compete at the top level.

For those suggesting naming the stadium after him - please not the Lansdown Ashton Vale Stadium. I could really do without having to head to the LAV every Saturday afternoon!

Or even worse, after the Merchant's Quarter fiasco - the Steve Lansdown Ashton Vale Entertainment arena.....:innocent06:

On a serious note, thanks a lot Steve and well done for all your hard work! :-)

the best most of us can hope for when we finish a job is that we leave things are better than we found them...

...that's certainly true in your case Steve...let's hope that your involvement with Bristol City is long and fruitful and delivers what you set out to achieve.

Archived