IGNORED

Mark My Words, The Stadium Will Be Built

nebristolred

Club legend, as important as any manager or player we've ever had I think. Top man Steve Lansdown, made me feel proud inside when he said those words.

Also, can some of us who are on the Sags forum tell them the truth? Politely of course, no point letting it descend into an argument, but what they're saying is unbelievable. Apparently this is the beginning of the end for us, with massive debts on the horizon and that SL is going to completely withdraw funding.

Someone knock some sense into their stupid heads please.

Club legend, as important as any manager or player we've ever had I think. Top man Steve Lansdown, made me feel proud inside when he said those words.

Also, can some of us who are on the Sags forum tell them the truth? Politely of course, no point letting it descend into an argument, but what they're saying is unbelievable. Apparently this is the beginning of the end for us, with massive debts on the horizon and that SL is going to completely withdraw funding.

Re: Steve Lansdown absolutely a City Legend (a word that should be used sparingly & not bandied about lightly - ie the GJ legend? thread) ...

To be a Legend you have to be truly outstanding , something extra special, good aint good enough, very good aint good enough, thats why GJ for me doesnt qualify for legendary staus ... & Steve Lansdown absolutely does - STEVE LANSDOWN one of an elite few (Atyeo , Dolman) who has earned the title Bristol City Legend!

Re: Gasheads..... no point at all, their thoughts or views are irrelevant to us & we all know its impossible to educate pork in any case... let 'em grunt & mumble amonst themselves bless 'em - they'll be as happy as pigs in shite.

(there was of course a legendary milkman in the West once - but his name was Ernie.. .:)

Why don't you tell um?

I take it you are the BigRob posting on there?

I just cannot understand the fixation with what THEY say on THEIR forum who cares?

Its pure wishesful thinking on their part they are desperate and only have the forlorn hope of City failing to hang to...welll to be honest todays events did more to strenghten City that weaken the club...with the small matter of Jon Lansdown becoming a director...the same guy who to some deluded sags was supposed to be looking to buy them....PRICELESS!

Re: Steve Lansdown absolutely a City Legend (a word that should be used sparingly & not bandied about lightly - ie the GJ legend? thread) ...

To be a Legend you have to be truly outstanding , something extra special, good aint good enough, very good aint good enough, thats why GJ for me doesnt qualify for legendary staus ... & Steve Lansdown absolutely does - STEVE LANSDOWN one of an elite few (Atyeo , Dolman) who has earned the title Bristol City Legend!

Re: Gasheads..... no point at all, their thoughts or views are irrelevant to us & we all know its impossible to educate pork in any case... let 'em grunt & mumble amonst themselves bless 'em - they'll be as happy as pigs in shite.

(there was of course a legendary milkman in the West once - but his name was Ernie.. .:)

I totally agree.

In particular reference to your point about about Lansdown being an actual club legend alongside Atyeo and Dolman, who thinks it would be a good idea for us as fans to petition that one of the stands in the new stadium is named after him. This would never happen on it's own as he's still involved with the club.

Maybe this is a way that we can show how thankful we are for he does. Or should naming stands be left to more football related legends or icons??

I totally agree.

In particular reference to your point about about Lansdown being an actual club legend alongside Atyeo and Dolman, who thinks it would be a good idea for us as fans to petition that one of the stands in the new stadium is named after him. This would never happen on it's own as he's still involved with the club.

Maybe this is a way that we can show how thankful we are for he does. Or should naming stands be left to more football related legends or icons??

We have two stands now named after chairmen so can't see why not

I totally agree.

Check out the "Official Thanks to Steve L" thread. On there I said that we should go beyond just naming just one of the stands after SL, we should call it the Lansdown Stadium.

Having said that, and listening to SL interviewed by Twentypence on Radio Bristol today, SL talked about a "sustainable financial future" for the club.

That probably includes taking mega bucks for the naming rights for the new stadium.

So be it, I know we are not in the same league but (allegedly) the value of the Emirates Airline naming rights for Arsenal over five years is worth £50M to them.

OK, bring it on, but please exclude British Gas from the list of potential sponsors.

Obviously !

Just ignore it, don't read it.

It's like the desparate head cases that frequent the evening post site - full of shite and know nothing of BCFC and just grasp at any straw they can to put the club down.

It's just bile and drivel - not even banter, just ill-informed, unadulterated crap.

And who gives a shite what that lot think anyway ?

This ^^

you misunderstood. when they said 'beginning of the end for us' they were talking about themselves, Sag forum after all.

Archived