IGNORED

Charity Emblems On Shirts

simonwheeler

Did anyone else notice that yesterday Derby County had the Marie Curie daffodil embroidered on to there shirts? Nice touch.

Suppose as our lot could not even bother to organise to get poppies embroidered on to our shirts then there will ever be little hope of us doing the same???

Dont worry we can pay extortionate wages to the likes of Hunt but the little touches are obviously to much like hard work or need to much thought????

I live in hope.

Did anyone else notice that yesterday Derby County had the Marie Curie daffodil embroidered on to there shirts? Nice touch.

Suppose as our lot could not even bother to organise to get poppies embroidered on to our shirts then there will ever be little hope of us doing the same???

Dont worry we can pay extortionate wages to the likes of Hunt but the little touches are obviously to much like hard work or need to much thought????

I live in hope.

Firstly thanks for letting me in on just what those dafodils signify and excuse my ignorance but is it an anniversary of her achievements around now ? And i think i get where you are coming from ie it would be nice to see a touch of humanity from football in general. Fair play to the people behind Derby`s effort.

Can't say I've noticed any other clubs with it on their shirt this weekend. Why the downer on City not doing it?

Did not mean to sound so down on the club, but, DL and myself had "words" about nearly every other Championship club having the good grace and the obvious respect to both have poppies embroidered on their shirts then putting them on ebay to auction off for "help the heroes", yet, it appeared that either we could not be bothered or nobody realised the date.................

Sorry I love the club but there are a few areas where in my personal opinion we are sadly behind others????

Can't say I've noticed any other clubs with it on their shirt this weekend. Why the downer on City not doing it?

Agree, the football club supports charity's all season long, and major situations they respond too that unfortunete girl in Clifton springs to mind, clubs can't put thinks on there shirt game to game.

I live in hope.

Millen Out!

Firstly thanks for letting me in on just what those dafodils signify and excuse my ignorance but is it an anniversary of her achievements around now ? And i think i get where you are coming from ie it would be nice to see a touch of humanity from football in general. Fair play to the people behind Derby`s effort.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20110303/marie-curie-football-week-launches_2293334_2306668

Marie Curie Cancer Care is this seasons official charity for the whole of the Football league,

a pre-match bucket collection and daffodil sale was held before the last home match vs Portsmouth

If you havn't got one yet, they are on sale in many shops.

cheers

Bored of listening the poppy mafia.

The club supports charity's, respect it's choices and stop worrying what other clubs do. It's not a ******* fashion statement.

I guess you've never had friends or family serve in the armed forces then? I actually agree that we should wear poppies on our shirts , it shows respect to all those who have fallen for us.

As others have pointed out , the club does help out other charities.

http://www.football-...2293334_2306668

Marie Curie Cancer Care is this seasons official charity for the whole of the Football league,

a pre-match bucket collection and daffodil sale was held before the last home match vs Portsmouth

If you havn't got one yet, they are on sale in many shops.

cheers

Carling Cup final last week?, great people and there are more Cancer Care places to name, one dear to my heart.

Friends and family. I always wear a poppy, but it is a symbol of sombre reflection. Personally I'd rather football stays well out of it.

I dont agree personally. I think our national game should make an effort to recognise our servicemen and women. Still , we all have different opinions (ironically I suppose thats how wars start)

Friends and family. I always wear a poppy, but it is a symbol of sombre reflection. Personally I'd rather football stays well out of it.

If footballers can't make it aware, check your balls campaign and you say wish football stays well out of it, sorry fellow red, head down you are talking stupid. BEEP BEEP comes to mind.

Did not mean to sound so down on the club, but, DL and myself had "words" about nearly every other Championship club having the good grace and the obvious respect to both have poppies embroidered on their shirts then putting them on ebay to auction off for "help the heroes", yet, it appeared that either we could not be bothered or nobody realised the date.................

Sorry I love the club but there are a few areas where in my personal opinion we are sadly behind others????

Blame Johnson. Either one

The lack of a flower on player's shirts is a little over stated IMO.

A nice touch, yes, but not a requirement by any means.

BCFC do a lot of work with charities and, believe me, charities are very much grateful to the club for allowing collections and the like to take place on matchdays.

Whilst charities do need profile, what they need even more is your cash and less political correctness (I'm not saying this about the OP, but it happens too much in modern society).

I'm often try to raise money for the charity that's searching for a cure for my son's condition. As a charity, we don't need sympathy, we need money and awareness. The flower mentioned above goes a little way to achieving this awareness, but when its seen to be more important to be wearing one than being concerned with the disease or amount of cash being raised, well, we've lost the point a little.

Whenever we hear about charity these days people are - more often than not - more concerned about whether charities are being respected (or otherwise) in the media etc. How often do we ask ourselves, what can I do to raise more money and take an active role, rather than a more removed role of simple reverence?

For clarification.

The players wore poppy embroidered t shirts during the warm up for the away game at Leeds. These have been signed and will be auctioned on ebay at the end of the season with all proceeds going to the Poppy appeal. We also had a bucket collection in aid of the Marie Curie appeal (the Football League's charity of the year) at the Portsmouth game. Annual bucket collections account for over £20,000 raised by our supporters - thank you for those who give so generously. We also raised over £5,000 for local children's charities via Scrumpy's Christmas appeal. The club supports a wide ranging number of charities - something in the region of 50 a year - and is very proud of all the hard work and effort put in by staff and supporters. Our new Community Trust will form a focal point for our extensive charitable and community work.

I live in hope.

I live in hope.

Feel a bit stupid know?

For clarification.

The players wore poppy embroidered t shirts during the warm up for the away game at Leeds. These have been signed and will be auctioned on ebay at the end of the season with all proceeds going to the Poppy appeal. We also had a bucket collection in aid of the Marie Curie appeal (the Football League's charity of the year) at the Portsmouth game. Annual bucket collections account for over £20,000 raised by our supporters - thank you for those who give so generously. We also raised over £5,000 for local children's charities via Scrumpy's Christmas appeal. The club supports a wide ranging number of charities - something in the region of 50 a year - and is very proud of all the hard work and effort put in by staff and supporters. Our new Community Trust will form a focal point for our extensive charitable and community work.

Dear Dave L (And Redcliffe 78)

Thankyou so much for your deep and thoughtful response I must admit I was totally unaware of your fantastic efforts?

But I must note that last night in the Carrow Road, Norwich area the players went to and beyond the call of normal duty in supporting the Marie Curie charity, whilst the Norwich players contented themselves with wearing suitably adorned daffodil sweat tops our lot actually pretended to be full size daffodils I(Albert obviously didnt want to join in???). I thought Woolford was outstanding as a daffodil - He really looks like one.

Perhaps on Saturday all our defence will wear red noses????

HA

Archived