IGNORED

City V Norwich Match Thread

hinsleburg

Apart from the 4 strikers we have and Albert and maybe Cisse, Millen has to buy a whole new team Not including DJ. I have missed a few games this season due to work, got to the pompy game which was my first in the last 4 home games, and thought we were technically dismal, Elliot can barely pass water let alone a football, tonight was no worse, it seemed like at least 90% of the passes we made were poor tonight, even the ones that surprisingly found a city player were either, drilled at the players feet, not even close to them, well behind or well in front, i can honestly say i can't remember seeing a side with less passing ability than we have.

I would literally be looking to keep Dj, Albert, Wolly, Maynard, Pitman and Stead, and the rest can be replaced as far as im concerned.

Man for man, bar Albert, culker and Maynard, not one of our squad would even get a sniff at that norwich side, thats just how far behind we are, 75% of our squad is shit, and we will be paying for that for a good while, anyone who thinks Fergie let alone Millen has a hope in hell of sorting this all out in the summer then i think you'll be in for a shock. If we want to have any realistic ambitions of promotion we are going to need 8/10 players and clear out pushing 20, which isn't going to happen as well nobody wants any of our players (baring the ones who are actually worth keeping)

I think that might just be wishful thinking as you freely admit.

Perhaps a more positive point might be to suggest that a really decent creative midfielder could give us the cohesion we have badly needed this season; And how many times has that been said these past 6 months or so?!!

I agree with all of that, apart from the last sentence. We were pitiful imho. Norwich had 65% of posession...65%...that's awful at this level. Norwich were organised and full of confidence. We too should have been confident after 4 on the bounce results. KM's tactics were found out tonight. Back to the drawing board.

Sure does put it into perspective; that 65% stat.

I thought the formation left a bit to be desired but then again with 4 on the bounce before tonight it would be a tad harsh to castigate Millie too much. If we can bounce back from this one with a point, at least, at home to Burnley we can go on another run but if we drop our heads and lose it might have the reverse effect.

Archived