IGNORED

Burnley Fans

Rob k

Might be a little bit off topic, but is it still as "dangerous" as a couple of years ago to be an away supporter at Burnley ?

Have been there years ago, but their "Suicide Squad" did not look friendly + helpful at all... :)

Been there about three times in recent years and have been absolutely fine, no trouble at all, infact everyone seemed very friendly.

Might be a little bit off topic, but is it still as "dangerous" as a couple of years ago to be an away supporter at Burnley ?

Have been there years ago, but their "Suicide Squad" did not look friendly + helpful at all... :)

Burnley's suicide squad will be reduced in numbers for some time:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8797259.Burnley__Suicide_Squad__hooligans_jailed_for_32_years/?ref=rss:

...bumped into a couple of their fans on the walk over from north of the river and they were worried we were going to beat them easily yesterday as they had hit a run of poor form. They were less than complimentary about Eagles' performances of late. I felt a lot happier making my way to my seats after pointing them in the right direction to the away end. Nice fellas who were demoralised by their recent performances. I suspect a fair number of the away fans may have felt the same way - hence lack of noise...

...bumped into a couple of their fans on the walk over from north of the river and they were worried we were going to beat them easily yesterday as they had hit a run of poor form. They were less than complimentary about Eagles' performances of late. I felt a lot happier making my way to my seats after pointing them in the right direction to the away end. Nice fellas who were demoralised by their recent performances. I suspect a fair number of the away fans may have felt the same way - hence lack of noise...

Is funny though been looking at the Burnley fans forums and quite a handful(not majority) say Howe is the wrong manager already! just like with Laws. who don't get me wrong didn't think would work either but you've got to back your manager no matter what. Howe seems a manager who can get the best out of players don't see them going up this season but possibly a decent promotion candidate for next year.

I think there were quiet because of the shock of coming to a place where its actually a nice place to live.I mean have you ever been to Burnley,if you were looking for something to take you over the edge go there...........

I think you must have bumped into the same Burnley fans i did - they were really envious of Bristolians - having had a drink on the waterfront and then wandered through the park to approach Ashton Gate from the green swathes of Greville Smyth ;-) - 'have you ever been to the centre of Burnley?' was their question!

I think you must have bumped into the same Burnley fans i did - they were really envious of Bristolians - having had a drink on the waterfront and then wandered through the park to approach Ashton Gate from the green swathes of Greville Smyth ;-) - 'have you ever been to the centre of Burnley?' was their question!

If only we had a Village Green to show them !:innocent06:

Archived