17 DERBY ..............38 -5 44

18 MBORO .............37 -8 44

19 DONNY ..............38 -18 44

20 COVENTRY .......38 -9 42

21 PALACE .............38 -22 39

22 SHEFF UTD ......38 -25 35

23 SCUNNY ............38 -35 34

24 PRESTON ..........37 -23 31

As you can see, we are 14th 10 points off the play-offs with 8 games left (11 points when you take gd into account)

but has anyone wondered what the table would look like if the first 11 games didnt happen? (upto the cardiff game that we lost 3-2 and hitting rock bottom)

league standings from 17th October 2010

1 QPR................ 27 +16 49

2 SWANSEA ........27 +14 47

3 NOTTM FOR ......27 +13 47

4 NORWICH ........27 +11 47

5 LEICESTER .........27 +10 46

6 LEEDS ........... ....27 +10 44

7 BRISTOL CITY ....27 +8 44

8 HULL ................. 27 +10 43

9 PORTSMTH ...... 27 +3 42

10 READING......... 26 +14 41

11 CARDIFF .........27 +5 40

12 BURNLEY .........26 +0 40

13 MILLWALL .......27 +9 38

14 WATFORD .......27 +6 38

15 MBORO ...........26 +0 33

16 BARNSLEY .......27 -10 32

17 IPSWICH ..........27 -4 31

18 PALACE ............27 -11 31

19 DERBY ..............27 -11 29

20 DONNY .............27 -18 28

21 COVENTRY .......27 -11 24

22 SHEFF UTD ........27 -18 23

23 SCUNNY ............27 -32 23

24 PRESTON ..........26 -14 21

damn you steve copout :ranting:

I think you are living in dreamland.

They say that was our best performance on Saturday. The first half was like a practice match, 2nd half ok but we are no where need challenging for the play offs next season.

A few good results and the happy clappers are getting carried away. I have seen maybe 90 mins of acceptable football at Ashton Gate this . KM have achieved nothing and done nothing this season. I predict we are going to struggle again next season with more p1ss poor football if Millen is the Manager next season. I have seen nothing to look forward to next season. I can see Albert going along with Maynard . There will be no money to improve the squad .

The only priority for SL is to get the ground built so then he could see a return to all the money he put into the club which Manager after Manager as wasted.

They say that was our best performance on Saturday. The first half was like a practice match, 2nd half ok but we are no where need challenging for the play offs next season.

A few good results and the happy clappers are getting carried away. I have seen maybe 90 mins of acceptable football at Ashton Gate this . KM have achieved nothing and done nothing this season. I predict we are going to struggle again next season with more p1ss poor football if Millen is the Manager next season. I have seen nothing to look forward to next season. I can see Albert going along with Maynard . There will be no money to improve the squad .

The only priority for SL is to get the ground built so then he could see a return to all the money he put into the club which Manager after Manager as wasted.

Samartians number supplied by PM. ;)

BCAGFC

They say that was our best performance on Saturday. The first half was like a practice match, 2nd half ok but we are no where near challenging for the play offs next season.

They say that was our best performance on Saturday. The first half was like a practice match, 2nd half ok but we are no where near challenging for the play offs next season.

Not having the best of Monday's???

I think we all know we would be higher in the league, or rather, we would have scored more goals, had Maynard been playing all season. Any team without their best player would be weaker and we are no different. Now if we can get him to stay, and he is fully fit, we can look again next season. I am sure if you re-did that table based on the games since Maynard was back, we would be higher than 7th.

After the balls up of Coppell, and the uncertainty, lack of organisation and match fitness, and more new faces coming in, no one could begrudge millen some time to sort it out, especially with key players unavailable. I still think we dont have many good players at this level personally, so any points we get are a bonus.

but as this thread shows our form since October has been pretty much playoff form. Its not a huge jump from where we are now to the playoffs (3 more wins this season would of seen us right in amongst it. Thats fine margins).

I felt we needed to get to 50 points asap and see what Keith could do in the remaining games. So far he has easily justified being given another season. I dont know how anyone can suggest he doesnt given how we're finishing the season. If we lost the last 8 games 4-0 then I might have a rethink. But right now Millen has convinced me he deserves a full preseason and transfer window to make the squad his own and show what he can do.

Maynard might go. If he wont sign a new contract I expect him to. Albert wont because he's a one season wonder so far and nowhere near convincing a Prem manager to take a punt. But if Maynard does go then I am sure Millen will use the money to strengthen where the squad needs with it. I've seen nothing to suggest Lansdown and Sexstone wont do that if it happens.

People moan about our form, or this season to date, but their is a number of points that need to be mentioned.

Firstly their is no doubt that Coppell caused a mess, YES he was only here for a short time, but Pre-Season is the most important part of the season, getting players fit, gelling new players into the team, working on line-up/tactics and style of play for the coming season, Anyone who witnessed the Millwall & Southend game saw what a shambles we were.

Players didn't know their roles and many simply weren't fit enough and some had injuries that weren't being looked after properly, When Millen took over, we had effectively another pre-season and it's taken a while to catch up, August/Sept were effectively written off as he did have to pick up the pieces.

Since then, it's been mixed, but a number of points need mentioning.

Right Now compared to this point last season.

More Points on the table.

Better League Position

More Goals Scored

Better Goal Difference

More Wins at Home.

and all this, despite missing the Top Scorer in the division for the vast majority of the season.

Personally I look at where we are now and can't see many complaints, Yes, I'd love to be higher up the league and don't like some of the defeats we have suffered at home, but their have been a number of great home results and convincing wins. There is no doubt we are a work in progress, but to be honest when we look at his record since he took over against Newcastle, it's not been bad at all!

I Smell gas :mf_sleep::gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask: :gasmask:

People moan about our form, or this season to date, but their is a number of points that need to be mentioned.

Firstly their is no doubt that Coppell caused a mess, YES he was only here for a short time, but Pre-Season is the most important part of the season, getting players fit, gelling new players into the team, working on line-up/tactics and style of play for the coming season, Anyone who witnessed the Millwall & Southend game saw what a shambles we were.

Players didn't know their roles and many simply weren't fit enough and some had injuries that weren't being looked after properly, When Millen took over, we had effectively another pre-season and it's taken a while to catch up, August/Sept were effectively written off as he did have to pick up the pieces.

Since then, it's been mixed, but a number of points need mentioning.

Right Now compared to this point last season.

More Points on the table.

Better League Position

More Goals Scored

Better Goal Difference

More Wins at Home.

and all this, despite missing the Top Scorer in the division for the vast majority of the season.

Personally I look at where we are now and can't see many complaints, Yes, I'd love to be higher up the league and don't like some of the defeats we have suffered at home, but their have been a number of great home results and convincing wins. There is no doubt we are a work in progress, but to be honest when we look at his record since he took over against Newcastle, it's not been bad at all!

I think the problems come because we win and lose games in bunches so it feels like a worse season than it has been for some people.

had we got to the same position by winning now and again and losing now and again staying around midtable the whole time more people would of been more positive generally. But its only our recent superb form thats really pulled us clear of trouble so people still have it fresh in there minds that we were in a relegation fight. That added to the poor start that set people worrying about Millen from the off means he's been fighting to win people over all season.

I think the problems come because we win and lose games in bunches so it feels like a worse season than it has been for some people.

had we got to the same position by winning now and again and losing now and again staying around midtable the whole time more people would of been more positive generally. But its only our recent superb form thats really pulled us clear of trouble so people still have it fresh in there minds that we were in a relegation fight. That added to the poor start that set people worrying about Millen from the off means he's been fighting to win people over all season.

And that superb form has coincided with Maynard coming back. I knew he was important to the team, obviously, but didn't fully appreciate how vital he was. Not only his goals but his all round play bring out the best in others and therefore the team.

It is also obvious how important it is to use the strengths and skiils that the players have, rather than make them something they aren't.

Archived