IGNORED

Maynard Staying?

• Admin

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9440225.stm

Basically Nicky wants to build a partnership with Pitman in the run in. However, I can only see this as building a partnership for next year. Thoughts?

He also said something in a recent interview about ensuring we get off to a better start next season.

I know Nicky's a different breed (bringing his mother as opposed to an agent to his contract negotiation) but he's still a footballer & I remain loathe to believe most of what they say.

If he's in the City line up (alongside Pitman) following the closure of the Summer transfer window then I will be one very very happy (& particularly optimistic) City fan :)

He arrived at the ground for the Burnley game with his agent who had a meeting with CS, so one way or another, something's going on behind the scenes.

I can second that - the agent was in the Directors' Box with Colin. Hopefully they were sorting out a new contract that has a £15m release clause as a minimum.

More of an all round footballer than Andy Carroll, scored more goals than him in a far less impressive team, only just come back from injury and already in line for player of the month. If we keep him fantastic! If not use the money well. If Nicky does go I will follow his career with utmost interest, good luck whatever he does.

I think it's in the balance. One would hope we are in contract extension negotiations with him and a deal can be reached before the end of the season. One of my mates reckons Maynard owes us. That's bollox, but I do hope that their is a shred of empathy in their that gets him to sign a deal that will at least see us profit heavily if he does leave in the summer

I think it's in the balance. One would hope we are in contract extension negotiations with him and a deal can be reached before the end of the season. One of my mates reckons Maynard owes us. That's bollox, but I do hope that their is a shred of empathy in their that gets him to sign a deal that will at least see us profit heavily if he does leave in the summer

I think a good offer (£10m+) from a decent Prem side will see him go and good luck to him if it does. I hope he will do a "Darren Barnard" and sign a contract to ensure the club gets a good deal.

I thought the Pitman signing was a pre-emptive move to a certain extent and will prove to be a good one because once we have money for Mayneard all the prices we get quoted will rize significantly.

Anyone aware of what the Crewe sell on clause is btw?

If Nicky's belief in his own ability matches that of the fans then, as long as his form and fitness holds up for the rest of the season I will be very surpised if he starts next season in a BCFC shirt ( but would be more than hapy if he does!). He owes the club nothing and deserves the chance to play at the highest level.

In Pitman and Stead I think we have the makings of a very good partnership and am preety certain that the board ( and Steve) will sanctio the use of the money from Nicky's sale to reinforce key areas of the team. It's strange to think that by losing Maynard we could end up with a better team.

More of an all round footballer than Andy Carroll, scored more goals than him in a far less impressive team, only just come back from injury and already in line for player of the month. If we keep him fantastic! If not use the money well. If Nicky does go I will follow his career with utmost interest, good luck whatever he does.

Scored more goals YES

Better all round than carroll NO CHANCE

Archived