IGNORED

Local Elections - Our Chance To Have Our Say!

Webzcas

With the AV referendum and local elections looming in May. Now is the time to have our say over how the stadium planning process has been handled.

I run a political forum and have started a thread here: http://www.politicsandcurrentaffairs.co.uk/Forum/uk-politics-current-affairs/106954-may-local-elections.html#post1017072

Whilst I do not live in Bristol, I will most definately not be voting Lib Dem, mainly because of the stumbling blocks ala Sainsburys they have put in the way of the proposed new stadium at Ashton Vale. I see Barbara Janke has already set out the Lib Dems policy for Bristol in the run up to the local elections. Now is our chance to hold these local politicians to account.

The Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg just cannot be trusted. Prior to the General Election, he stated over and over again that there would be no increase in students' tuition fees should the LIb Dems get elected. No doubt many Lib Dem MPs got elected with the help of student votes on this promise. Now in power Nick Clegg is playing the role of a typical public school educated Tory boy - one set of rules for the rich for them to do as they please while the rest of us get subjugated and hammered financially due to the cock ups by the Tory bankers.

It was the Lib Dem who vandalised the whole Ashton by painting double yellow lines everywhere and making it almost impossible to park . Why they felt the need to do this I don't know, there was never an issue with cars parking along cumberland basin once every two weeks. I guest they are anti Bristol City, anti football and anti car.

I urge every true City fans not to vote lib dem.

It was the lib dems who referred the Ashton Vale site to the town green inspector. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO DO THIS . This is same Lib Dems who are trying to sale of parks and green spaces in the city to property developers . HYPOCRITES. Kick em out.

The only councillors to vote against Sainsbury was two lib dems. They also conluded last summer to block the sainsburys application. I'm getting angry just thinking about them.

It was the lib dems who referred the Ashton Vale site to the town green inspector. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO DO THIS . This is same Lib Dems who are trying to sale of parks and green spaces in the city to property developers . HYPOCRITES. Kick em out.

The only councillors to vote against Sainsbury was two lib dems. They also conluded last summer to block the sainsburys application. I'm getting angry just thinking about them.

Also, as per a previous post of mine on another thread - refer to page 11 of the Evening Post Saturday April 2nd. Gwyneth Brain - Labour Party candidate - refers to the Lib Dems selling off Bristol's parkland. Most Bristolians are totally against this Lib Dem plan but the Lib Dems do not listen to local people. Not surprising when the Lib Dems have been parachuted into Bristol from other areas with an anti Bristolian political agenda.

Archived